You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Succubus
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nix

So i cant meditate I try but no matter what my mind wonders off and it pisses me off also when i meditated with my spirit on there day am i suppose to think about them i dont know what to do im just in a state of darkness when i meditated with them and i feel like i havent accomplished anything

witch i believe is where all my anger is coming from seriously i have anger issues i admit the but is been getting a little too out of control but is not the type of anger issues the you get mad at people and stuff to me is only when i meditate i feel like i havent done anything i dont feel there energy and i dont feel like ive accomplished anything all i feel is anger when i meditate and is not at the beginning of the meditation the i feel angry but at the end when i done

Does anybody have any Alternatives to meditation or some other way the i can connect with my spirits without meditation

HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Ok. First of all: don't worry. There's nothing wrong.
You're being a little hard on yourself. All of that sounds PERFECTLY NORMAL for someone who has just started meditation.
Your mind will wander. You don't get to be No-mind and hold it on day one, or day ten, or day 100 even. Concentration takes practice; there is no way around it. So give yourself some slack; getting mad doesn't help you at all.

How To Meditate Recap:
1) Sit still.
2) Focus on a thing. Your breath, a visualization, a mantra, pick anything.
3) Your mind wanders. That's OK. OKAY. OKAAAAY. Don't get mad, stay chill.
4) When you notice #3 happen, just note it, and then go back to your focus.
5) Repeat until time is up. 5 minutes is perfectly good to begin with!

Feeling the energy: Again, relax. Very rarely are we instantly sensitive to a spirit's presence. I still can't recognize mine by energy! You will get it in time, just have patience. Trying to rush this stuff doesn't get you anywhere, trust me.

Alternatives... Frankly, nothing REPLACES meditation. It's the bedrock practice and there's no way around it. That said, there are some things you can do on the side. One of them is dreaming, and lucid dreaming.
Build up your dream memory by starting to keep a dream record. You don't need to jot down every single detail if you don't want to; just the central points of each dream. Who/What (you did)/Where and anything that stood out to you. As time goes on you will remember more often, and the dreams will even get longer. You can start inviting your spirits to dream with you right away, too!
Best of luck.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

I always tell people to try trataka. I can tell that your mind is unfocused by how you jump from thought to thought in your post. Trataka helps a bunch with this and information on how to do it is a google away.

Vega
neophyte
neophyte

I been meditating for like 3 to 4 Months and i havent i accomplished anything some my of spirits tell me i need grounding wich i dont know what the is and the other ones say the i need some sort of Enlightenment before they could help me with my problems also i looked up what enlightenment is and i know the thats is something the isnt gonna happen to me i want to quit meditation but i cant because for some add reason im compel to meditate im just getting a major headache all my spirit say the i need patience the pisses me off because im trying to be as patients as i can but i guess is not enough

Willpower
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus and Nympho.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire.
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Maybe you can check my post:

topic74333.html

From what I get, you got a wrong mindset about meditation, it shouldn't be that complicated and stressful. Maybe, just forget about the result, energy, enlightment or whatever for now. How about try to get relax first and just enjoy every session.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

You should focus on the journey not the destination .

Vega
neophyte
neophyte

Ill try ima try trataka for a few month and see how it goes

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

FANTASTIC! I bless you with great success

Daron09
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Some good advice here for you already. I used to sit Zen at a local temple. I went through all frustration. Being hard on myself. Eventually just stop trying. Anxiety can form when we meditate with an "Expectation" have no expectations. Relax focus on your breath.. let it all go.. I like 4/2 count breath to start to really open up and expel but you will know what feels right for you...then just relax into normal rhythm.. if a thought comes up. Acknowledge it and let it go. If it's a persistent thought. Imagine turning into a butterfly and watch it take flight and go.. then come back to breathing and even counting breaths can help focus.. you want to talk to your spirits. Then just listen... I'm very new at this spirit keeping but even quite time alone spent relaxing on the couch and I can hear them. Not consistently but it happens and I dont push my expectations I just try to live in the moment and let it all unfold in it's own time. All the best wishes on your journey - D9

“Heathen, n. A benighted creature who has the folly to worship something he can see and feel.”
― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary
Loviatar
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: my true self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

There is an amazing short film called "The Fly", I think it can explain it to you better than words can. The animator is Hanjin Song.

Return to “MEDITATION/QUIET TIME”