Domovoi anyone?

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

A domovoi or domovoy (Russian: домово́й, IPA: [dəmɐˈvoj]; literally, "[he] from the house") is a house spirit in Slavic folklore. The plural form in Russian can be transliterated domoviye or domovye (with accent on the vowel after the v).
Domovye are masculine, typically small, bearded, and sometimes covered in hair all over. According to some traditions, domovye take on the appearance of current or former owners of the house and have a grey beard, sometimes with tails or little horns. There are tales of neighbours seeing the master of the house out in the yard while in fact the real master is asleep in bed. It has also been said that domovye can take on the appearance of cats or dogs, but reports of this are fewer than of that mentioned before.[2] Other stories either give them completely monstrous appearance, or none at all.
all this was pulled from wikipedia and can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domovoi

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
bgrigri
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Faery
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Instrument of the end Fire of 83 wrote:
A domovoi or domovoy (Russian: домово́й, IPA: [dəmɐˈvoj]; literally, "[he] from the house") is a house spirit in Slavic folklore. The plural form in Russian can be transliterated domoviye or domovye (with accent on the vowel after the v).
Domovye are masculine, typically small, bearded, and sometimes covered in hair all over. According to some traditions, domovye take on the appearance of current or former owners of the house and have a grey beard, sometimes with tails or little horns. There are tales of neighbours seeing the master of the house out in the yard while in fact the real master is asleep in bed. It has also been said that domovye can take on the appearance of cats or dogs, but reports of this are fewer than of that mentioned before.[2] Other stories either give them completely monstrous appearance, or none at all.
all this was pulled from wikipedia and can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domovoi
Thanks for the link and info! We just found out recently (and via DNA test) confirmed yesterday that my grandmothers birth mother was from Czechoslovakia and her birth father was probably half British and half Slavic of some kind. Given the strong association with the region it confirms my calling- especially given the timing!

You would have to be half mad to dream me up ~Lewis Carroll
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

I have a pre-bound Domovoi on order ... looking forward to it! He'll have a cat sidhe and a bakeneko to play with, as well as anyone else who's interested!

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 66
Zodiac:

I have one in my keep already and one on their way to me. I have Slavic ancestry on my mother's side of the family so being drawn to these pranksters makes a lot more sense to me now. The one that I have already works well with my cat sidhe. They make an amazing team, and until I moved and had to leave my pet cat, Smudge, behind with my parents, they provided her with some companionship. Smudge was one of two rescue kitties, Tippex being the other. We lost Tippex to a form of cancer during the first UK lockdown. After her passing my cat sidhe and domovoi helped Smudge come to terms with the fact Tippex wasn't coming home. Smudge now has two other feline friends in the form of my sister's pet cats.

The other thing that I find with these two, is they like to take it in turns to hide their vessels in different parts of my home, it's their way of driving me out of any of my low mood/ depression slumps when they hit and a motivation to clean my home. My cat shaped spirits, much like actual cats, hate mess and like to make that fact known when the untidiness is getting out of hand.

Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, fluid possit, iubet.
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3
Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

I have one in my keep. S. takes on the form of a cat. Keeps to themselves mainly but watches the home. There maybe one or two minor pranks they have pulled but otherwise a very nice spirit companion. Surprisingly I've had their vessel disappear on occasion only to reappear a short time later.

Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Faolan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:30 am I have one in my keep. S. takes on the form of a cat. Keeps to themselves mainly but watches the home. There maybe one or two minor pranks they have pulled but otherwise a very nice spirit companion. Surprisingly I've had their vessel disappear on occasion only to reappear a short time later.
I'm glad that I'm not the only domovoi keeper that has a spirit that moves their vessel around. What's the strangest place your companion's vessel has turned up in after it has vanished? If you don't mind me asking of course.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3
Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Umbra_Arcana wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:14 pm
Faolan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:30 am I have one in my keep. S. takes on the form of a cat. Keeps to themselves mainly but watches the home. There maybe one or two minor pranks they have pulled but otherwise a very nice spirit companion. Surprisingly I've had their vessel disappear on occasion only to reappear a short time later.
I'm glad that I'm not the only domovoi keeper that has a spirit that moves their vessel around. What's the strangest place your companion's vessel has turned up in after it has vanished? If you don't mind me asking of course.
They placed it in the back of the kitchen cabinet behind the sugar and flour.

Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd reply as well. I recently answered a calling for one myself also & I'll be sure to share my experiences if she gives consent that I may do so. (In addition, you can ask CH support why treats aren't recommended for them.) ❄

However, as most people know about me I still offer treats even to my wraiths for example all of whom enjoy such things greatly even though their species generally doesn't. Doing this is just what's best for myself & my spirit family so I'm in no way suggesting you do what I do. Always do what's best for you, your companions, & your journey. ☃️

*>*

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi
Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Faolan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:47 am
They placed it in the back of the kitchen cabinet behind the sugar and flour.
I agree, that is quite an unusual one, the strangest place mine left his was wedged between the edge of my bed's front leg and the side of my desk. I was moving out of my parents' home at the time, packing up my furniture, it baffles me how he got there considering his vessel and my other spirits' vessels were packed up safely and had already moved.

He did it to make sure I scoured every inch of my old room and made sure I took everything I valued away with me when I moved the furniture.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3
Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Luna Lysithea wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:00 pm I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd reply as well. I recently answered a calling for one myself also & I'll be sure to share my experiences if she gives consent that I may do so.
I would love to hear about your experiences with your spirit if she consents to your sharing.
I do like reading about how other spirits of the same type interact with their keepers and seeing how their varied quirks and personalities come out in those interactions.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”