active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: A shapeshifter, duh
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Yeah, a struggle for me is proving communication, especially if you are going thru a tough time. For example, my mental convos to my vamp gets tricksters every now and then despite protection. It use to really get me down and make things worse but you have to learn to differentiate good and bad voices. So I just question everything but enough to at least let positive notions come across appreciate subtle notes or signs.

Plus I sometimes forget my spirits aren't actually "here" with me so if I ask where an object is they might say "there" but I'm like "where". In other words one big thing I've noticed is i can't ask questions that involve tons of details or physical objects. It's a shame cause I can't get well spoken responses on a question like "what do druids practice" or "where did my brush go" It's rare I'll actually get a logical correct answer, I've had a couple interesting experiences with how my spirits or entities explain their world, how what is portrayed vs what is real really is to them and past life in general.

Insanity is the gift that mankind calls a curse.

Less weeds, more blooms, make a change in the world or your not gonna like yourself- From My Waif Fairy

HOW THE FLART DID I GET HERE?!?!

*gotta go fast ladywo1f gotta go fast*
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I agree, communication is tough. Even though I feel like I have had good telepathy, there are weeks where I don't hear responses well (especially lately). I found that if you ask very specific questions your own mind interferes automatically, or perhaps your higher self, or both, and it's just very difficult to hear the clear response. It is really hard to stop your subconscious from answering your own question. For me, I constantly guess at my own answers. Especially, for example, when playing the "red or black" telepathy exercise with them. It's tough to figure out what answer to listen to and to ensure you are connecting to your spirit and not your inner voice or your higher self. When you're new to spirits (like I am) discerning the difference between all of these is not easy.

The other thing is I think most of our spirits just think they're being funny and want us to develop stronger abilities, so they just say "There", "Here", or whatever just to make us try to perceive what they mean.

I have experienced confirmation when an answer is correct on occasion, such as a spirit casually telling me the color and suit of a card I have not turned over yet and it being accurate (which they've done to try to convince me I don't need practice - whatever!), or my girlfriend telling me about a nightmare she had about a spirit on the same night my succubus told me she had to drive an unbound away from my girlfriend's apartment. So I think when it's really important or they want to really convey their perspective you get an accurate communication.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

creepyhollows wrote:This thread is going to address the larger issues with misinformation and confusion in the Spirit Keeping community. Please use this thread, or start your own, for discussions related to the borderline, fringe, or alternative beliefs that inhabit the Spirit Keeping community.
I think to get back to Magnolia's original point, I want to say one of the things about spirit keeping that makes things very difficult are the differences between Ash and Magnolia's (CH) perspective on certain spirit races versus broadly accepted perspectives throughout the non-spirit keeping community or even other conjurors within that community. It's hard to get a clear understanding of a spirit's race/type when other people suggest that a darker spirit is actually an evil demon and that it's always going to find ways to twist your desires and wants against you and to benefit itself.

While I am certain there are darker spirits within the Dark Arts that may certainly do this (and I'm not even going to discuss Black Arts), I know that when the spirit is conjured Ash/Magnolia match the spirit to our energy as best as they can and that due to the methods and contracts of their bindings that they would not necessarily allow a being with malintent to be bound and sent to any individual. I feel that a lot of people do not understand the protections inherent in the conjuring process of some/most practitioners, and maybe that they don't understand the need to ask about it.

The other thing on that same topic is the different views due to media, literature, mythology, other conjurors, and the community on the whole about what a certain spirit race/type is. I cannot begin to describe the numerous opinions about succubae, for example, and how confusing it is. No one can agree on what they are, do they feed, what do they feed on, do their spirits feed, are they evil, are they daughters of Lilith, are they actually demons, etc.

I feel like many other races/types experience the same confusion within the community. I tend to focus on the articles in the CH Encyclopedia and my own experiences to keep myself straight, but it'd be nice if the spirit keeping community could actually agree on a spirit race/type's definition in an objective way instead of fighting over the nuances included within that classification.

Syrah
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Prior to monetary investments, it is required to invest time to figure out how to separate between self-produced encounters, sights, and sounds, versus the things occurring outside one's inner plane.

A large portion of the things people who think they are seeing malicious entities/forces, may be essentially their psyche playing back the things they dread most.

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”