HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Now, please don't take this the wrong way. I am NOT planning on 'dumping' anybody; I WANT things to work out.
Nonetheless, I have to ask, in case things... don't.
What is to be done, in the situation that a binding becomes unwanted? If one decides that keeping isn't for you, after all?

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

Most of us would encourage you to continue on your journey in spirit keeping. Though, there are instances of people "deciding" its not their jam after all. It's highly frowned upon as this journey is not something to take lightly. Welcoming spirits into your home shouldn't be a phase or a "let's try this for fun" type thing. If it were to be something you'd consider, rehoming is a good option, though again, heavily frowned upon is you try getting money back for the money you spent. Sometimes small nominal fees are acceptable, but most would still be weary and some might not even step up to the plate to accept them into their home.

There are sellers like myself who do bring in spirits that have been left behind when their Keeper has passed on as not all sellers have it set so that their passing releases their spirit companion. Some of us also accept those that are no longer wanted. I know that I require all information possible, including who the original conjurer is so that I can reach out to that person and try to either return the spirit and vessel to them, or I do low cost adoptions in the $5.00 to $10.00 range if that conjurer cannot be found or doesn't return my messages. And there are several that no longer practice.

I would highly suggest that you spend a great deal of time to sit back and think of your options and choices. Throwing in the towel because something might not work out the way you hope or expected it to is the easy way out. While spirits know that when they come into our lives that anything might happen, and they don't always approach things with "human" emotions, it can still be a bit annoying to them that they are tossed to the wayside.

Think about how you want things to go. And remember there is a reason you brought these beings into your life. <3

HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte

Frankly, I'm pretty sure the reason I 'brought these beings into [my] life' is because:
a) I bear a contrarian streak that makes up the bulk of my 'personality' such as it is; I'm obsessed with being special or at least "not like normal people"
b) I was bored and desperate for a new avenue of distraction from responsibility
c) I had a completely unfounded unrealistic fantasy of spirit companionship
d) I was curious and lazy and the Newbie Deal seemed like a far easier way to investigate the existence of spirits vs learning to evoke on my own
...and all the others that followed were a result of the Fantasy continuing rampant, things going wrong wrt those insane expectations, and the panicky 'insight' that buying more bindings for "protection" would make it all better.

I fully concede that I did not think it through sufficiently. Part of me wants to gripe that CH could have, perhaps, made the gravity of the thing a bit more clear or emphasized in their introduction material. "Just one penny to begin the majickal journey of a lifetime!" doesn't really cover it.

Hasty action is what got me INTO this whole thing; I have absolutely no intention of repeating that mistake in trying to reach a solution. Total separation is the LAST resort, not something to do on a whim.... just potentially necessary if I can't negotiate some sort of sane terms-of-relation with the alien minds I've invited into my midst.

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

At least you have the ability to sit and analyze yourself and the situation. There are a lot of people who aren't able to do that or who refuse to do it. Maybe instead of having the unrealistic fantasy of spirit companionship, you can sit back and take a different approach, a more structured approach as you consider and weigh your options and where you wish to go from here? Sometimes I think in this journey, not many of us are entirely too sane. I'd always considered myself crazy as I was growing up, being able to see and hear things that others can't. It doesn't really make you think you are playing with a full deck at times. Though, its the amazing events or things that happen while on this journey that sometimes make you think maybe you aren't so crazy after all. I'm sure you will find the resolution that suits you best.

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

HorizonSignal wrote:Frankly, I'm pretty sure the reason I 'brought these beings into [my] life' is because:
a) I bear a contrarian streak that makes up the bulk of my 'personality' such as it is; I'm obsessed with being special or at least "not like normal people"
b) I was bored and desperate for a new avenue of distraction from responsibility
c) I had a completely unfounded unrealistic fantasy of spirit companionship
d) I was curious and lazy and the Newbie Deal seemed like a far easier way to investigate the existence of spirits vs learning to evoke on my own
...and all the others that followed were a result of the Fantasy continuing rampant, things going wrong wrt those insane expectations, and the panicky 'insight' that buying more bindings for "protection" would make it all better.

I fully concede that I did not think it through sufficiently. Part of me wants to gripe that CH could have, perhaps, made the gravity of the thing a bit more clear or emphasized in their introduction material. "Just one penny to begin the majickal journey of a lifetime!" doesn't really cover it.

Hasty action is what got me INTO this whole thing; I have absolutely no intention of repeating that mistake in trying to reach a solution. Total separation is the LAST resort, not something to do on a whim.... just potentially necessary if I can't negotiate some sort of sane terms-of-relation with the alien minds I've invited into my midst.
What went wrong if it's not indiscreet?

HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte

Nienna wrote:What went wrong if it's not indiscreet?
It is a complicated mess and I am still negotiating my way through it all. I've got some identity and sexual issues, and the hyper-aggressive sexuality of my Kitsune (or something doing a very good job of impersonating my kitsune) is not making sorting it out any easier. They either can't hear me explaining things or just don't care.

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

HorizonSignal wrote:
It is a complicated mess and I am still negotiating my way through it all. I've got some identity and sexual issues, and the hyper-aggressive sexuality of my Kitsune (or something doing a very good job of impersonating my kitsune) is not making sorting it out any easier. They either can't hear me explaining things or just don't care.
I thought so it would be something related to that , a trickster or negative energy that dread you enough for you to quit spirit keeping.

Anyway i passed in this phase too and it's very VERY hard and it hurt. I would advise you to banish as much as possible , pray , ground , center ,meditate , asking the help of your spirits and maybe ask help to your conjurer. Because you know by quitting this thing that attacks you will still continue.

What do you plan to do if it continues?

Glowworm
new here
new here

HorizonSignal wrote:
That’s the reason I keep wanting out of spirit keeping, some being sends me sexual images and touches me inappropriately in places every now and then. I hate it so much, it seriously puts me off wanting to communicate with my own spirits in case I let anything bad in. I have numerous protective spirits. I don’t know what to do.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Glowworm wrote:
That’s the reason I keep wanting out of spirit keeping, some being sends me sexual images and touches me inappropriately in places every now and then. I hate it so much, it seriously puts me off wanting to communicate with my own spirits in case I let anything bad in. I have numerous protective spirits. I don’t know what to do.
One way is to contact all the original conjurers to ask them to return all spirits.
If the problem persists, then you know it's not because of the spirit you keep : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte

I've realized that most of what's "bad" here is probably going on in my own damn head. The actual spirit-interaction part of the 'problem' is just a little too ambiguous from my point of view, and I've let my catastrophizing habit jump in before I really thought it through clearly. So, here's another point for "don't jump to conclusions...."
Nienna wrote:What do you plan to do if it continues?
Well, at this point I'm back to 'relax, wait, and don't make assumptions.'
I'm going to be pursuing my bonding, senses, and communication much more intensely, so I can maybe tell a little bit more of what's going on.
I'll be keeping a real close eye on the 'worrysome' part of the situation... but I think the worry is probably unfounded.

If it turns out to be a real problem, well. I'll have to lay down the law. The conjurer will be contacted. If the situation proves unsolvable I'll ask for the binding to be undone.. and if the conjurer doesn't want to unbind for whatever reason, I'll take matters into my own hands. I really don't think it'll come to that, though.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”