active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hello spirit keepers,

I talked to my zombie about the term 'zombie' and what he thinks of our current perception of them. Well, he told me that how they're portrayed in pop culture is wrong. Zombies don't look like that, don't act like that and certainly don't crawl out of graves. He just kinda rolls his eyes at what the entertainment industry did.

He did tell me that he can teach necromancy. So okay, that's associated with death but is there more to necromancy? He used the Bible to mention some examples, scattered throughout the OT and NT, of what necromancy can do. I was a bit surprised and taken aback that he'd use scriptures but he did illustrate his point. He mentioned that people were raised from the dead, water turned into wine, multiplying the fish and bread to feed a large crowd and people were healed. With those examples, necromancy came across as a higher level of healing people to the point of it being perceived as miraculous. Manifestation is another part of necromancy.

Now back to the term 'zombie'. I asked him what it originally meant as I know that over the centuries language changes and we end up with different terminology, meanings change or sometimes both change. When zombie was alive in 1350 BC he practiced what we now call necromancy which, during his time, was a form of healing. As for the term zombie, it was applied as a title to whomever used necromancy as a mode for healing.

My mind had to flip from associating necromancy with death to now associating it with life. So for now, I shove my preconceived ideas aside to make room for new teachings as you never really know what you can learn from your spirits.

Cult
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

Yeah there's a lot of necromancy in the bible. The witch of Endor is a good example. That aside, you can learn more about zombies in vodou.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

This is fascinating, although I cannot say that I am surprised. Necromancy is working with spirits to obtain a goal that the practitioner cannot through other means. It would make sense in times when (I believe) people were more inclined to work with spirits that they would do so to help them heal, provide life and bounty. I always associated it with death from the perspective that you are tapping into the spiritual / mystical knowledge of the dead for things that you didn't personally understand or have the ability to perform yourself.

I am truly fascinated by this insight, though. Thank you for posting it. I feel like I eventually will be on a path for necromancy and this really is an interesting bit of confirmation for some of my thoughts on the subject.

SirJusty
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 3
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not Human(No Offense
My magical/paranormal name...: I Have No Clue
Zodiac:

This is very interesting as well. Thanks for posting this. It interesting (if read correctly) So Necromancer could be healers to. I mean after finish binge- watching all 5 Mythica series list. I was kind of interested But by reading this I'm little more interested.

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 59
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Heinrich
Zodiac:

So I found out about this post and be looking at my own zombie girl with a huge "I need your opinion on this one" and she looked startled for a second, haha.

Thanks for sharing! It really does provide a huge turn for things.

I guess that we're not really aware of how healing can be approached from so many different perspectives.

At least for me, I've always had a sort of obsession with succubus and despite their popularity as a sexual spirit, they've always been very healing with me so I guess I'm about to have a spirit family meeting and bring this up.

That which don't kill me shall run. 2cl

Return to “Today I found out...”