BPAL!

Know any cool sites to go to? Post it here.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I have become even more of a BPAL addict lately. Thought I would share some things.
I have found that many of their scents are extremely evocative of exactly what they are to resemble. My favourite scent so far is 'Poisoned Apple' and I swear, it feels exactly like I have consumed one, puts me in a strange hypnotic state at times.
They have some amazing Yule time Limited Edition scents out now, I have managed to spend more cash than I can fathom this holiday season stocking up on their goodies :D
Strangely, there was this one very rare scent called "Hellhound on my Trail" which I was dying to find due to the delicious notes involved and also due to my love of hellhounds. They have a handy swap page on their forums where I went about attempting to get someone to trade that particular oil for one of mine, and had very very little luck (people hoard this stuff by the bottles and never let go lol). Then just a few days ago, the same day I received the vessel of my first hellhound, someone had agreed to swap with me. Somehow I feel my hound had a part in it, maybe he will like this perfume lol.
I think that if you are interested in perfumes or just scent in general, everyone should try BPAL. I find it such a great match to my spiritual work as you can find scents that match many spirit-based mythologies - they help create a mood when I am meditating or working with my own spirits.
I have a lot of frimps (free samples) of BPAL coming in with all the bottle purchases I have made, as well as ones I own now that are not necessary to keep anymore. When I get them all together I would be happy to list all the extra ones I have here, and if anyone wants to try one of them I will send it off to you. You can call me an enabler... but I just want to share how great this stuff is! lol

FannyNzinga
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Hi NoctemAeternus,

I am now at the site, trying to decide which one to get. I am a huge Neil Gaiman reader and engrossed with the scents available under his name. Wow...Thanks! :flower: :flower: :flower: :ohyeah:

There is still much work for Love to do...
Namaste!

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I have been checking out the Neil Gaiman line for a while now, definitely a lot of amazing choices there. I am planning to try "Fairy Wine" from the Stardust selection next time I order. :wizard:

Lilith Di Levilio
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Lilith
Zodiac:

They ship only to US ... been eyeing the perfumes for a long time already ... :crying: :crying: :crying:

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Do you mean a specific line only ships to US or the entirety of BPAL? They DEFINITELY ship abroad, I get it in Canada and many people get it all over the world - but it is true that the conversion rate can be insane at times.
If I get samples that any of you guys want I will definitely ship it out anywhere. It can be difficult to get started with trying BPAL oils and acquiring them, so it's always nice to have some help.
I think the best option for those getting into it, is to get one of their sample-packs. You can get 6 samples for about the same price of one regular bottle - and even the samples last quite a while, which is great. They also give out frimps when you purchase full bottles though, they are always a mystery until you receive them but you can discover some great scents that you wouldn't have otherwise. I think with every full bottle purchased they include 2 sample imps. I have an order for like 9 bottles pending, which is why I am guessing I will probably have extras lol.
They are really nice and have great service, one time I ordered a sample-pack, and one of the samples I chose wasn't included by mistake. I informed them about it, and they sent out a FULL BOTTLE of the scent they forgot to include. Luckily for me I loved it too, "Nosferatu" - it smells like rich red wine and dark soil. Anyway I am getting carried away with perfume talk. I think I am going to go through my stuff today and decide what I wish to give away out of my current collection.

Lilith Di Levilio
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Well every time I tried to place an order I got this message that the shipping is available to US only. Now I checked their FAQ and they do ship internationally, you just have to email them first, but yeah, the charge is pretty steep if you wanna order some samples or one small bottle ... Oh, Nosferatu is the one I wanted to try out and also Incubus! LOL I have a feeling my guys would enjoy them! Well maybe later I can save up some $$! Hehe!

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I think they have an email address you can send your paypal to.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Elilara
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Why on earth would I share this online?
Zodiac:

I love their current limited edition Alchemical Phoenix set! I splurged and got decants of all of them on the forums, and they are really interesting. I'm especially loving Silver and Lead. ^_^

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Their Phoenix set definitely seemed awesome to me, just couldn't afford it at the time - spent all the money on Yules :D
To order internationally,
usually what you do is - if you have a paypal account:
go to paypal and select "send money" and where it asks who you want to send it to, you put in paypal at blackphoenixalchemylab dot com .
Then for whatever you wanted to buy, have the prices added up (including shipping) and put in that amount in USD.
Then after you send that, the next page should be a confirmation - and in the "notes" section is where you are to write what you wanted from their site, and how much of it. Like "1 bottle Nosferatu", and etc.
It was tricky for me at first, but after a while it is a pretty easy process. Through the paypal receipt with the notes and all that, they are able to have the info to conduct your order. The next confirmation from them that you get is a shipping notice - and depending what time of the year, it could take a LONG time to get a notice, but it doesn't mean they have forgotten about you or lost your order. Around the holidays especially, when they have all of their LEs up, they usually take about 3 weeks to ship out each order... since they get like HUNDREDS of orders during that time. I agree that it can be incredibly pricey, international shipping and the conversion rate make it even worse unfortunately. That's why whenever I order now, I try to order as much as I can at one time - because multiple orders would result in paying an unnecessary $20 or so extra.
If I had some decanting supplies around i'd give you some of my Nosferatu! I don't right now, but maybe I will get a frimp of it with my orders or something. Incubus seems good, haven't had the chance to try it yet. They have so many options!
The last couple of orders I made have been for the following: On Darkness, Old Man Ackerman's Instructional Toys, The Black Temple Burlesque Troupe, Ded Moroz, Pink Snowballs, Snowball Fracas, Lick it 'til it's sticky (hehe), Fruit of Paradise, and Peacock Queen from the Yules options. Then Countess Willie, and Crib Girls from The District series.
On the darkdelicacies site, they also have some great BPAL scents that are sold only from their store. Recently they got back in a rare one called "Black Lace". You guys should check it out if you are interested, it is going to be very limited in quantity and is one of the most popular and super-good smelling (in my opinion anyway) scents known to BPAL. If there are any bpal fanatics here who know of it and don't know it is back at that site, you may be interested in this info lol. People are buying like 10 bottles a person... it is crazy. I was only able to get one, and don't think I would ever get through ten :crazy:

Lilith Di Levilio
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks for the info Noctem! :hug: Will start saving up now! lol Yeah, I figured that it`s better to place a bigger order!

Return to “Cool Sites”