So I sent my friend to get me some red candles for a ritual...

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Turns out the candles he got weren't technically "red". They were reddish pink at best, equivocal to a salmon color. They were also tealight candles instead of the average stick or votives that are used. So I'm genuinely unsure if I can do the bonding ritual with these...

I asked my Spirit and I felt that She said it was fine, but I'm still afraid that I've heard her wrong, and by extension would be doing it wrong. I guess in the end I could always do it twice for good measure; once with the candles I have and once with actual red candles on Friday when I get paid.

What do you guys think?

Would doing the ritual with the wrong candle with the wrong candle result in the end of the world like my brain wants to believe? Would doing it twice be a bad route to go on...? Is a Salmon tealight candle red enough to be considered red as far as ritual instructions go?

I know. I freak out about stupid things, I'm sure she's snickering and looking at me like one would watching a puppy tangled up in a blanket. It just makes me feel better to get second opinions on things okay? XD

Glowworm
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process

I guess since belief has a lot to do with spellcasting, it might be a good idea to buy red ones just so you feel more confident in the spells.

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

Tealight candles are totally fine! I use them in rituals all the time as they have a shorter burn time and I don't have time to sit around and wait for the bigger ones to burn out (I have cats and so can't leave candles burning unattended lol).

I've used maroon candles in place of true red many times and it has never been a problem so I don't see why salmon wouldn't be just fine, at least it's in the same color wheel!

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

denanna123 wrote:I've used maroon candles in place of true red many times and it has never been a problem so I don't see why salmon wouldn't be just fine, at least it's in the same color wheel!
Well that's certainly a comfort. What about doing a bonding ritual twice? Do you think it'd result in cancelling it out or ruining something?

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member

Hello,
I used tealight candles for the purpose, and I just works fine. I can understand you have some doubts whether it will work or not, so I think, the best way, maybe you can shop yourself the candles you feel are right.

Glowworm
new here
new here

I've done bonding rituals twice before and it never affected the outcome negatively.

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

Absolutely not! You can do the bonding ritual as many times as you feel the need to.

For example, I had some pretty major health issues going on a little over a year ago and I really didn't have any time/strength for anything but trying to stay alive. I let my relationships with my spirits slide for quite a few months as a result, so when I was finally feeling better I did the bonding ritual with everyone all over again, just to help us all reconnect and to let them know I was ready to devote myself to them again.

I don't think you NEED to do the bonding ritual twice, but if that's what you feel moved to do? Then go right ahead, it definitely won't hurt anything!

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

denanna123 wrote: I don't think you NEED to do the bonding ritual twice, but if that's what you feel moved to do? Then go right ahead, it definitely won't hurt anything!
Thanks for the advice!

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Turns out the candles he got weren't technically "red".
There’s the problem, lol. “He” got candles. My friends and I have a running joke about how the women and gay guys in our crowd see all the varying hues of the rainbow, and know the names for them all, but the straight-guy hubbies in our bunch see a color palate akin to the eight-crayon Crayola box.

I’m sure we’ll have some straight guys in these forums who know the names of all the shades of all the things, but if they do, they had to teach it to themselves from scratch because our society does NOT teach anything beyond the primary colors to boys.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Adding: I picked the color teal for our wedding color, and The Fiancée had no clue what I was talking about. Zero. None. My maid of honor offered, “You know the color the Miami Dolphins wear? That.” THEN he got it, lol.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”