venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

darkwing dook wrote:I still believe that, since you trust that teacher, it is beneficial to try sensing and connecting with the spirits that he/she conjures.
If you can sense them, then you'd have found the conjurer suitable for you. Further practice can be asked personally with him/her.
If you can't sense them, then you are blocked from spirits of all conjurers you've dealt with, thus either continue exercising or give up.
I do agree with Darkwing on this as well. This is a very good recommendation.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Inedible wrote:Maybe if the CH bindings didn't have all those layers of protection, I would have an easier time communicating with them. Or maybe they aren't real. The date is set. I find out on the 19th. I'm not sure how long I have been here, but it is over ten years and over a thousand dollars. It would be nice to have something to show for it.
Well, the protections in the binding shouldn't cause the keeper communication issues at all. LOL I look forward to hearing how the reading goes.

Darkwing's suggestion was a good one too. It could be you just have issue with working with CH's spirits in general. Maybe their energies just don't mesh well with you. It could be a great idea to try to see if you can work with your teacher's conjured spirits since you have that connection to them already, like he said. That way you can test the water and see if there is actually a blockage or whether it's just an energy compatibility issue.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:The two Nymphos and the Succubus were the biggest disappointments. I was really hoping they would be real. Maybe they are. And the dragon and the Angel. And so on.
It sounds to me a little bit like a crisis of faith, which anyone can get with any metaphysical system. I've had them. At the start I was also unsure who to trust re spirit keeping shops but I'm way past that now.

I hope it helps to say something of what I feel about this kind of thing...

The quite widely held theory is that all of us are surrounded by and influenced by spirits of one kind or another...even that every packet of energy in the multiverse has its own kind of consciousness that can be communed with. I don't consider myself a master but I find it easy to sense to some degree the difference between one kind of spirit and another and the difference in feeling between a spirit that has been 'acquired' via one system to by another. But at a high meta level everything is a narrative we construct for ourselves and all is a manifestation...so some philosophers and scientists say. We can't Know anything for sure. Reality is more subjective than objective. It is just as easy and valid to go with the atheist materialist outlook...but every world view is to a large extent a personal choice...I feel.

Robert Anton Wilson said that we should not completely believe any one else's belief system , nor our own belief system but also that the Universe tends to respond to what our view of it is. So it will tend to send synchroncities etc that support what our belief system is. This is subtly different from the scientific concept of Confirmation Bias.

What I think I'm saying is if you're feeling blocked from certainty about the reality of spirits that you have, not only will doubt cause problems connecting or seeing things clearly but spookily the Universe may move to confirm that point of view for you.

I've had plenty of doubt phases myself. At times I would think, is all this metaphysical stuff real? When I got too down about it, I would enjoy clearing a sky full of rain clouds until it was a beautiful blue and my energy felt like it spread from horizon to horizon. Just to prove I could do something objectively real. It worked every time and so always made me feel better.

The answer may be to adopt an attitude of "What does it all matter? I'm alive, which is the greatest gift."

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

So far everyone seems to agree, without knowing me very well and with having no idea who my teacher is. But we all know CH, and everyone is convinced that my teacher is not going to sense anything. If I didn't have more confidence than that I wouldn't bother asking my teacher. I don't get over to see him often and I don't want to waste time asking what I already know.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:So far everyone seems to agree, without knowing me very well and with having no idea who my teacher is. But we all know CH, and everyone is convinced that my teacher is not going to sense anything. If I didn't have more confidence than that I wouldn't bother asking my teacher. I don't get over to see him often and I don't want to waste time asking what I already know.
Agree on what?
And never said I'm convinced that your teacher won't sense anything.
What I did say, if you really trust your teacher, in the ability of sensing spirit as well as familiarity with "both bound and unbound Spirits and ghosts", then you should ask him to conjure a spirit for you, or ask him to let you sense his bound spirits (if he can't conjure or you don't want to keep spirit anymore).
The question then, why haven't you ask him for that? Are you afraid that you still can't feel the spirit that he conjures or keeps?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:At this point, my goal is to simplify. If I don't have any Spirits then I am not going to try again.
If that's your choice I respect it, but I feel perhaps the lack of effort isn't your Spirits at fault. At the very least if you do give up, make sure you release your Spirits properly. If I was told I didn't exist by someone and was still bound to a vessel they owned I'd feel like utter trash and Always be reminded of it. The least you could do is let them go, even if you don't believe they're there, so you no longer have to deal with them and they no longer have to deal with you.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote: The question then, why haven't you ask him for that? Are you afraid that you still can't feel the spirit that he conjures or keeps?
Phew man that's a spicy question. I am also curious about this.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:So far everyone seems to agree, without knowing me very well and with having no idea who my teacher is. But we all know CH, and everyone is convinced that my teacher is not going to sense anything. If I didn't have more confidence than that I wouldn't bother asking my teacher. I don't get over to see him often and I don't want to waste time asking what I already know.
I wish you well whatever happens.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Well, to be honest Inedible, I am NOT 100% convinced that your teacher is not going to sense the CH bound spirits. I am just worried that there's a chance he won't be able to if the spirits don't trust him, and that it may depend on the protections in the bindings. Most of everything I've written is just to say that IF he doesn't sense them, that does not mean they are not there. That's all. I actually am rooting for your spirits that your teacher does succeed, for their sake.

Edit: There's an evocation CH has posted that you can use with bound spirits to "force" them to manifest while you look into a mirror. Have you tried that in the past? I've never done it, but there have been a few posts from folks that have indicated it worked for them. That could be an alternative to try to see if they exist that doesn't involve another person reading them. Just a thought.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote: There's an evocation CH has posted that you can use with bound spirits to "force" them to manifest while you look into a mirror.
Best answer. I will try the search bar, but anything you can remember about it would help.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”