venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Inedible wrote:
Regholdain wrote: There's an evocation CH has posted that you can use with bound spirits to "force" them to manifest while you look into a mirror.
Best answer. I will try the search bar, but anything you can remember about it would help.
I couldn't locate it on the forums, but I know it's here. It is also in the Encyclopedia here:
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en

I hope it helps and works for you. You may need to try it more than once. They say it doesn't make them happy to do it, but they also say you can do it as many times as needed without doing any harm to the bindings.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

This is what I don't like about CH spells. The form gets in the way of the content for me. I know, another complaint. Still, I get the general idea. The core idea is that I am talking to my bound Spirits and just asking them to show up in the mirror. I will put it in my own words, with no rhyming.
Once in front or over the mirror recite (this is only the invocation for white/positive energies):

Little friend in my looking glass come out to play
I ask you be a companion haunting me today
Show your face little friend, let me see you shine
I am your beholden and you, dear friend, are mine

For Dark Arts visualizations, which may be startling or frightening to some, is:

Those who dart in the shadows
Those who stroll within the sun
All that seek the liberty of choice
Who know the sides of the Universe
Reveal yourself to me
In full force of your estate, if willing

Immediately you should see something in the reflection. You can try this as many times as you want if you do not get results the first time. You are not going to damage anything by doing this.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Inedible wrote: The core idea is that I am talking to my bound Spirits and just asking them to show up in the mirror. I will put it in my own words, with no rhyming.
Just a hint, some spells are set up and charged to be performed a certain way. If you put it into your own words, it might not work as intended. Because the original magick behind it isn't in your newly created spell.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

I've gone through this post, I hope, well enough to ask this of you. What kind of interaction are you expecting from the spirits you have?

What would be sufficient a response from them that you'd qualify it as communication?

I realize that while you and I have talked on other subjects I don't think I've ever asked that question on this one.

In any event, I hope your mentor can help you in one direction or the other. I ask those questions knowing full well they are leading, in a sense, but also with curiosity. Some people are satisfied with nothing less than a full physical manifestation in front of them. Something completely undeniable such as lighting a candle without aid. Other people simply want some kind of connection and don't make that connection at all, which may be your case.

I'm curious to see how you answer.

As a side note, rhyme spells tend to work without much investment of power or other focus. If you do that spell with your own words I highly recommend dedicating an hour or so to it, use low light, and let your vision fall out of focus. There are techniques along those lines for mirror gazing that don't use the rhyming method, but if you bypass a method you can't really complain when it doesn't work.

Also for those who aren't in the know, rhyming in spell work seems to circumvent some part of the brain that prevents the manifestation of will. It goes back to poetry magick which is old enough to be the basis for some Norse methods as far as we can tell historically.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Yeah, I'm not versed in magic, but I would not change the invocation as laid out. That would be like creating a new spell and you might experience unpredictable results, if any.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Success would be feeling like I am not alone, and being able to ask basic yes or no questions, at a minimum. Some sign of intelligence. Mostly I just don't want to feel like what I am getting is just coming from myself.

And rhyming is a major problem. I can't stand poetry of any kind. It turns words I know into stuff I can't even read. As for the actual words, I will never call my Spirits "little friend" even if they don't exist.

Now that you mention it, I was planning on hanging out in front of the mirror for at least a full minute.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Charles_Odinforce wrote:It goes back to poetry magick which is old enough to be the basis for some Norse methods as far as we can tell historically.
Does CH have any articles on poetry magic?

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:Success would be feeling like I am not alone, and being able to ask basic yes or no questions, at a minimum. Some sign of intelligence. Mostly I just don't want to feel like what I am getting is just coming from myself.

This is all pretty subjective.

T is pretty much always with me as she's omnipotent, but that doesn't stop me from having mental disorders such as depression or psychosis that can make me feel very alone and paranoid some days. I do not deny T her very existence or call her a disappointment during these cases, and I do not think you should do so with your Spirits either. I think the fact that it is so subjective is why people got on your butt when you directly insulted them. They could be sending things consistently and you might not even recognize it due to several reasons (lack of attention, lack of self confidence, lack of psychic prowess, lack of relaxation, etc.)

Sensing anything requires a clear mind and a clear intent, and more than that, it requires you to be confident in yourself and in whatever answers/things you perceive as your Spirits. If I did something a hundred times and you kept proving it wrong as "just the wind" eventually I'd get quieter too. You can't expect much after that.

Inedible wrote: And rhyming is a major problem. I can't stand poetry of any kind. It turns words I know into stuff I can't even read. As for the actual words, I will never call my Spirits "little friend" even if they don't exist.

Now that you mention it, I was planning on hanging out in front of the mirror for at least a full minute.
As a poet I'm offended! :P (jk)

But on a serious note as they said above, there's a reason the spell is the way it is. If you're experienced with casting your own you'd have better luck making your own than altering someone else's as a lot of the energy they put into it would be gone and as said above, it might not even work that way.

Also, expecting something to happen after sixty seconds is outlandish. When I do Healing sessions and I ask for T's help it's taken at LEAST ten minutes to get rid of a small physical pain. Emotional work took less once, about two to four minutes, but that person was experienced with Reiki so I don't think that's the normal expectation for the majority.

The point is, like anything else, giving them time is important. Giving them respect and patience is also important. Rewording a spell and expecting them to adhere to it might even be seen as lazy and they might just choose not to come. If I were you, I'd just write my own if you really can't stand poetry and ryhmes that much.

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

Ishvala, that post made me so happy I wanted to clap (if you got the FMA reference, and the humor in that bless you).

Seriously though, I support what Ishvala is saying on this. They are hitting on more or less what I am and expanding upon it nicely.

I'd be somewhat concerned about the fact that you can't make use of poetry more than anything. It sounds like you are patterning your mind so that only very specific patterns can exist. A fine thing, but it limits your options in magick exponentially. If this is a natural condition, not one you are training into or a simple act of bias given power, I'd considered symbol working using complex designs. Regardless though, that spell looks built to work using the rhyming method.

Also if 60 seconds is all you will commit to such an experiment I can't see how you are expecting to get any results. Classic texts point to hours of focus and meditation before a result is expected.

Now I'm more curious the amount of time you've spent working to communicate in the past than anything. It's very possible all you've done is convince a large number of companions that their time and your time for them is worth no more than a minute at a clip. If I were trading help and alliance for conversation and companionship I'd likely stop picking up the phone if all I got was a one minute call once a week or two...

Which isn't saying I think that is what you are doing, but giving an example. Until you say what your experiences have been in that respect I can't make a judgment on how much that is impacting your ability to communicate.

Remember about 90% of my interaction with you has been you being critical of almost anything you see. I mean that with all good intention, I really don't know your situation as a person, and while you are a prolific poster, so much is a simple critique that I can't help further without knowing the full situation completely.

I can say this if you aren't putting in half an hour every other day in some kind of meditation to listen or focus your senses, or something like that by this point then in my estimation you need to consider that practice first. Something like ZaZen to start out honing your attention and focus. Spirits often speak through the mind, if the mind is cluttered or ignored they often refuse to put the effort in. Larger manifestations tend to come after a stronger connection is made. If you aren't putting in the steps, or are trying to take shortcuts such as with the above spell discussion, that is just going to create what is called negative reinforcement. Your energy becomes focused on it is impossible, so you create a field of negation.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Charles_Odinforce wrote:Ishvala, that post made me so happy I wanted to clap (if you got the FMA reference, and the humor in that bless you).

How could I not appreciate a reference to one of my favorite anime of all time?
Charles_Odinforce wrote: Seriously though, I support what Ishvala is saying on this. They are hitting on more or less what I am and expanding upon it nicely.

I'm glad what I said left a good impression. I speak from the heart so a lot of it can be seen as unruly by people who look at it with a bias.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”