Does the government know about spirit keeping?

Nova Alexander
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Vixen
Zodiac:

Now, I ask this out of pure curiosity to hear what the thoughts of others are. My question is this, spirit keeping is very powerful and a unique journey. And with the expansive resources the US, Chinese and Russian government's have. Would they at all be involved in spirit keeping or the supernatural? Especially with the many abilities it comes with. Or do they just not simply know about it? There has to be someone higher up in the government that has found Creepyhollow's or something else about spirit keeping and taking and interest in it. I understand that many of these governments have a box around their mind though or just don't have the time for this, but it just puzzles me as to why.

Unbreakable Conjurer
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Unbreakable Conjurer
Zodiac:

Im sure they know and have certain groups that are involved in magick and etc.

Succubus (T) best girl i've ever met 2lv
Black Dragon (S) money maker 1mg
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I hope that even if they’re aware of it, they see no purpose to keeping. All governments seem to want to do is monetize or weaponize everything they touch. Let them leave spirit keeping unsullied by greed or power grabs.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I hope that even if they’re aware of it, they see no purpose to keeping. All governments seem to want to do is monetize or weaponize everything they touch. Let them leave spirit keeping unsullied by greed or power grabs.
I find this is the likeliest state of affairs. I imagine that every single concept that has set foot on the Internet has been encountered by at least one person in the intelligence community, even if only briefly. Someone there is aware of it, might even know a bit about the community, and probably thinks it's all ridiculous.

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
Interesting question...I think they would know. But they have other issues to focus on.

Enki
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Annunaki

I agree with Likes2Read. And ?I would say it goes even beyond spirit keeping, anyone who has a notable gift then they may want to keep it hush hush or one of the alphabet agencies will probably scoop them right up and force employment.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Government bureaucracy relies upon scientific reporting and pools of empirical data. On a whole (not the individual persons in the government) the government likely does not recognize any factual existence of spirits, let alone spirit keeping. The US government researched the occult over the years because Germany and Russia were researching the occult for possible use against them - specifically spying through divination. Based on the documentaries that I've seen, those projects were ultimately fruitless and produced no conclusive or successful results.

Ultimately, the truth is, the government does not recognize it and doesn't believe in it. What they do believe in is far simpler. NLP, hypnotism, brainwashing, misinformation, misdirection, data manipulation, etc. Why try magic or spirits when the human mind is far easier to manipulate without the occult?

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Simple answer for you: they are aware of it, because they have people on the internet just like you and I who would have stumbled upon it at some point. This isn't a hidden community. There are also government personnel whose duty is to keep on the up and up about various groups and belief systems, religious/spiritual movements and trends even in obscurity.
How they feel about it though and their level of involvement I couldn't say, though spirit-keeping isn't the most pressing or obvious thing a government official would be drawn into.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Noctua wrote:Simple answer for you: they are aware of it, because they have people on the internet just like you and I who would have stumbled upon it at some point. This isn't a hidden community. There are also government personnel whose duty is to keep on the up and up about various groups and belief systems, religious/spiritual movements and trends even in obscurity.
How they feel about it though and their level of involvement I couldn't say, though spirit-keeping isn't the most pressing or obvious thing a government official would be drawn into.
This is true too, and typically this is done in the vein of crime prevention / investigation / information gathering, etc. They would be more interested in a cult or other extreme religious group.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Regholdain wrote:They would be more interested in a cult or other extreme religious group.
I really hate that I just wrote that. Ugh.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”