venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Well I just tried to post a reply and everything internet related tanked... so let's try this again.

I've never heard of the salt thing, but that's unsurprising.

On topic: I would think connecting with a person's energy through a website is certainly possible since we leave energy traces everywhere. Whether that means the spirit of someone that is now non-living can be found or connect to us is another matter. That would be like someone haunting cyberspace and I'm not really sure that is an actual thing, as there is no real world in "cyberspace".

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Salt has 'magnetic' energy so it tends to absorb things. That's why it's used for cleaning and you have to dispose of it afterwards.
It's also used to neutralize / make a barrier because of that.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:
Likes2Read wrote: Seriously, I was reading up on Italian folk magic a while back, and there is a practice of spreading blessed salt across entrances like doors and windows. It must be an offshoot of the anointing idea.
This one I heard about. A friend of mine would do that to ward off bad spirits and keep negative energy out of his house. I'm not sure if he still does it though, and I don't think he blessed it beforehand...

For all I know the Spirits came in and just played in the salt to spite him so he stopped?
I would say I'm derailing but this topic had no tracks from the start haha.
I’ve got to add, I was listening to a Very Catholic radio program, out of curiosity to hear its new host, and when SHE mentioned putting blessed salt at windows and doors, my jaw hit the floor. And when the priest who was her guest was fine with it, *I* practically hit the floor.

Talk about the last setting in the universe where I ever expected to hear references to folk magick! :lol: On the other hand, now I know there are priests in this time zone who are fine with blessing salt, so that’s nice. ;) I wonder what I have to do to track one down...

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Your friend might want to sage his living space, followed by doing something to bring in GOOD energies and spirits, like burning sweetgrass and getting the smoke into every cranny as he did with sage. I also understand that catnip is an attractant for good spirits, if you hang some outside your door.

It’ll also attract cats, lol, and that’s beneficial in other ways. ;) <3 #loveskitties

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Your friend might want to sage his living space, followed by doing something to bring in GOOD energies and spirits, like burning sweetgrass and getting the smoke into every cranny as he did with sage. I also understand that catnip is an attractant for good spirits, if you hang some outside your door.

It’ll also attract cats, lol, and that’s beneficial in other ways. ;) <3 #loveskitties
No offense to our metaphysical buds, but I'll take kitties over random spirits any day.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Valerian and silvervine can have the same effect. In case you wanted to plant it. For purposes. Cat purposes.

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I was listening to a Very Catholic radio program, out of curiosity to hear its new host, and when SHE mentioned putting blessed salt at windows and doors, my jaw hit the floor. And when the priest who was her guest was fine with it, *I* practically hit the floor.

Talk about the last setting in the universe where I ever expected to hear references to folk magick! :lol: On the other hand, now I know there are priests in this time zone who are fine with blessing salt, so that’s nice. ;) I wonder what I have to do to track one down...
This is a thing! I mean Catholic priests being all magickal is totally a thing... I was at a retreat for reasons that was run by Catholics after 2 decades of Catholicism being anathema to me ... and the priest was blessing us all with oil he made from herbs in his garden, and people -- Christian people -- were openly talking about God-channeling and speaking to their deity directly and doing heavy shadow work ritual and astral journeys via guided meditations. I outright said to him that "I thought that was something only my HooDoo and witchy friends do, and I owe you an apology". He was fine with all of that. l wouldn't recommend trotting down to any ol' church and whipping out the witchcraft or anything, but there are some very witchy parishioners and men of the cloth out there, and I personally find that delightful.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I may be wrong about this, but from the Protestant side, I really feel like Catholics are better suited to accepting magick, etc.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I may be wrong about this, but from the Protestant side, I really feel like Catholics are better suited to accepting magick, etc.
It's because all magic is purposefully stripped from protestantism. I don't hide the fact that I despise christianity but in favour of catholicsm I have to admit that they have historically been more accepting of magic and local traditions, they just make old gods saints and the old beliefs live along the new ones. And catholic practice has a lot of magical rituals.
In the Middle Ages, when the Northern Crusades happened and christianity was forced on my ancestors with death and violence, a huge amount of magical knowledge was lost but a lot of it remained in syncretistic form in catholic religion, in some spells various goddesses were replaced by the Virgin Mary or they all were used together. Our old fire god Perkele merged with Satan and so on.
And then protestants changed all that.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I like how the pentacostals and charismatic movement have brought a whiff of mystery and energetic current back. But, yeah, the vast majority of my exposure is much closer to the pilgrims than is comfy now. As in, I went to a private school where we were once assigned a paper on whether Catholics were Christians because we finally got a Catholic student in the late nineties, lol.

Return to “Human”