new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires and angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

@Darkwing dookThank you! It's a wonderful idea! Why I never thought it!

For my dreams experience, I never saw them in the way I see them when I'm awake. It's more another persons or I guess they love to take the appearance of my characters (I'm a writer for the fun) but in the most of the time I remember from my dreams I said there name.

I will definitely try the mugwort tea!

^^ The group ^^
M - Silver dragon,H-Courtwind angel,S- Nympho, A- Mononoke, T- Werewolf, Volkh, P- Hellhound, P- Masheba, M- Gryphon, G- english psy vampire, L- Incubus, R- Gregori Watcher, J- Courtwind Angel, N- Reis clan Psy vampire M- Ramidreju P-Butterfly fairy G- Book of the dead vampire Duojna
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

I didn't read all the 6 pages of messages so I might repeat something..
anyhow, this thing I read occasionally in the forum that "spirits like to appear as someone else in a dream", I still don't fully grasp the meaning of it. What's the point of it? I understand if a spirit is a shape-shifter, but in any case why would a spirit want to confuse the keeper appearing as someone else in a dream? Apart from the situation when the spirit wants to deliver a symbolic message in the dream appearing as someone else..I see no reason for that to happen.
If I invite a spirit in a dream and that night I see my cousin in that dream, I am not going to say, "oh yes thank you for appearing as my cousin last night", fact is that the spirit hasn't visited me, dream visits fail, as the title of this thread says (or I do not remember him visiting me, which is possible).

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Angelik wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:57 am I didn't read all the 6 pages of messages so I might repeat something..
anyhow, this thing I read occasionally in the forum that "spirits like to appear as someone else in a dream", I still don't fully grasp the meaning of it. What's the point of it? I understand if a spirit is a shape-shifter, but in any case why would a spirit want to confuse the keeper appearing as someone else in a dream? Apart from the situation when the spirit wants to deliver a symbolic message in the dream appearing as someone else..I see no reason for that to happen.
If I invite a spirit in a dream and that night I see my cousin in that dream, I am not going to say, "oh yes thank you for appearing as my cousin last night", fact is that the spirit hasn't visited me, dream visits fail, as the title of this thread says (or I do not remember him visiting me, which is possible).
As the OP and someone who had practiced dream journeying/dream walking for this very reason let me offer what little insight I can given that its been three or so years...

For starters, how we perceive spirits is mental, so if you associate a spirit with say, kindness, and you see your "cousin" as kind, you might see a Spirit manifest that way in dreams. When dreams become more lucid and you learn to sense energy in a dream you can easily tell the difference and their appearance can change accordingly either as requested or naturally due to your mental associations changing to match something more fitting to the conscious you.

Secondly, if they choose to appear as something else other than the form of description provided this does not equate to failure. As said prior, I wrote this when bonding with my first ever companion. I had little experience passed generic lucid dreams on occasion, and very much was learning by diving head first into things and seeing what sticks.

So I revoke my title and prior statement.
As of now I do not believe in a failed dream visitation.
One of three things could be happening instead...

1. You can't remember the dream or parts of the dream (the most likely cause)
2. They're appearing as something you don't recognize (the second most likely cause)
3. They haven't visited because they didn't want to (they don't have to do as we ask...)
4. They don't exist (the most extreme case)

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

Muse wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:11 am
Angelik wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:57 am I didn't read all the 6 pages of messages so I might repeat something..
As the OP and someone who had practiced dream journeying/dream walking for this very reason let me offer what little insight I can given that its been three or so years...

For starters, how we perceive spirits is mental, so if you associate a spirit with say, kindness, and you see your "cousin" as kind, you might see a Spirit manifest that way in dreams. When dreams become more lucid and you learn to sense energy in a dream you can easily tell the difference and their appearance can change accordingly either as requested or naturally due to your mental associations changing to match something more fitting to the conscious you.

Secondly, if they choose to appear as something else other than the form of description provided this does not equate to failure. As said prior, I wrote this when bonding with my first ever companion. I had little experience passed generic lucid dreams on occasion, and very much was learning by diving head first into things and seeing what sticks.

So I revoke my title and prior statement.
As of now I do not believe in a failed dream visitation.
One of three things could be happening instead...

1. You can't remember the dream or parts of the dream (the most likely cause)
2. They're appearing as something you don't recognize (the second most likely cause)
3. They haven't visited because they didn't want to (they don't have to do as we ask...)
Thanks Muse for clarifying on the base of your experience with dream journeying/dream walking!

I am adding one more reason that I got from one of my spirits when I asked why he does not appear in dreams often.
His answer was: it is not easy for him to enter my dreams

I tend to rely on OBE visitation and visions when I am in trance more than dreams. The subconscious mind gets in the way with dreams way too much and can create whatever depending on the case...which makes it difficult to recognize the spirit. With visions I haven't gotten my relatives appearing instead of the spirit yet LOL, what I usually see has nothing to do with the people I know and they also appear not totally human, they have some kind of energy that is not human let's say or they don't look human.

I also believe the ones you mentioned (below) can be true in certain cases.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Angelik wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:42 am Thanks Muse for clarifying on the base of your experience with dream journeying/dream walking!
I'm a firm believer in just going with whatever works best for you. If using dream work isn't your forte and OBE's work better, by all means!

Dreams feel like introspective puzzles and getaways so I enjoy them, especially if a Spirit shows up. I consider it a form of bonding and an exercise in sensing energy under different circumstances

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

My spirit friends very often send me messages through my dreams, but they always come through symbols or are somewhat "encrypted" and so when I wake up I have to do my best to decypher them, lol.
I have asked my fav spirit to appear in my dreams in his true form, the one he had in his lifetime, but he still generally prefers to send me "encrypted messages"... :p)

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

This happened quite a few times to me but whenever I read a book or look at pictures in dreams, I recognise some familiar faces. Yesterday and today it happened again. I've seen pictures of a spirit in books and on the wall. These are usually spirits I can visualise well or human spirits I've seen before. That might be only my subconsciousness working but spirits can influence and are influenced by it too. One particular spirit I'm almost obsessed with appeared three times in a row.

Whitestar
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Too many to list!
If I could be anything, I would be...: My Serpent Familar
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Alba Stella
Zodiac:

My Keep is usually very active in my dreams. Sometimes I will invite them in my dreams on a individual level, and most times they will come. Every now and again someone won't come or they do and I can't remember. I think it is because my mind is not in a relaxed state. I know for me personally a small amount of wine will put my mind in a relaxed state. Dandelion, mugwort, and chamomile tea has also worked well for me.

Always seeking and always learning.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”