Male version of Amaterasu

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

This is from Hotsuma Tsutae (秀真伝), Japanese myth compilation that is quite different from Kojiki and Nihon Shoki. One of the differences is that Amaterasu is Amateru, not a goddess but a god.
The two then joined in intercourse and conceived in accordance with this teaching. But ten months passed, and nothing happened. Years passed, and the hearts of the two became sorely troubled. But then, at last, in the 96th month, Isanami entered her labour, and the deity Amateru was born.

He was born as the sun rose on the first day of the year kishiye, in the 125th branch of the 21st suzu. He was born in the shape of an egg: for when he emerged from the womb, he was still covered in an egg-like membrane. This was a source of wonderment and consternation to all around.

The nine stars known as the Ametokotachi heavenly deities were invoked for worship at the Ayuki shrine. At their centre was Ameminakanushi ("Lord of the Centre of Heaven"), the primordial creator deity, also called Amemiwoya. The other eight were the amoto deities To-Ho-Ka-Mi-Ye-Hi-Ta-Me. Meanwhile, the eleven earthly deities known collectively as Umashiashigaihikochi were invoked for worship in the Wasuki shrine. They were the five deities who protected the cardinal directions (east-west-centre-south-north), and the six Amiyashinau deities. Having reported Amateru's accession to these nine heavenly deities and eleven earthly deities, he now officially acceded to the throne with a full mandate from heaven, earth, and people.
source: http://www.hotsuma.gr.jp/aya/aya04-e.html

It is mostly ignored or denied by general academics and scholars, and is even thought as hoax by some, but it is still an interesting myth to read : )

I found out about this version when I was checking on old Japanese alphabet systems outside kana and kanji, and also found this:
Image http://www.hotsuma.gr.jp/futomani-e.html
It's called Hotsuma Futomani Divination Chart, but still don't know how it works : P

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Thank you for sharing this. I do not know anything about this so it is interesting to me to learn about it.

Return to “Immortals”