S-I-Lover
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: tough question :)
If I could be anything, I would be...: Succubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Visioner

I can understand this problem ... everyone is bound to spirit, so I don't have vessels ... and I also can't provide any special places ... we have animals ... and family ... so no chance to build any kind of altar.

That makes offerings quite difficult ... also it is almost impossible then to leave out non-perishable offerings ..... where to put them, if one doesn't has any "altar" or "nest" ?

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hmmm, Alys's rabbit hole just gave me an idea... if I could master Plane Walking and astral manipulation I could make objects in the astral as offerings, and then the physical wouldn't matter. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Oooo! I like that even better!!!!!

S-I-Lover
neophyte
neophyte

Regholdain wrote:Hmmm, Alys's rabbit hole just gave me an idea... if I could master Plane Walking and astral manipulation I could make objects in the astral as offerings, and then the physical wouldn't matter. LOL
This wouldn't work for me at this stage .... but just wondering .... couldn't they just create whatever they want within their own (astral) realm ? In my opinion an offering should come out of "my" world, something which I have/use and give to them ... I mean, an offering is something I give out of my ressources so to speak, and not something I would create as easy as possible for my comfort ... just food for thought ....

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

S-I-Lover wrote:
Regholdain wrote:Hmmm, Alys's rabbit hole just gave me an idea... if I could master Plane Walking and astral manipulation I could make objects in the astral as offerings, and then the physical wouldn't matter. LOL
This wouldn't work for me at this stage .... but just wondering .... couldn't they just create whatever they want within their own (astral) realm ? In my opinion an offering should come out of "my" world, something which I have/use and give to them ... I mean, an offering is something I give out of my ressources so to speak, and not something I would create as easy as possible for my comfort ... just food for thought ....
My thought on that is this: Just because my friend in the physical plane could buy themselves anything they wanted doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate my very modest gifts, and I think for nonphysical companions it’s the same idea. What you put into a gift is what makes it valuable to the receiver. Or at least we often think so (https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.econom ... =undefined , just for some randomly interesting reading.)

I actually do have a living human friend who has a fairly stupid amount of money. They have a three story house with five bedrooms and take at least two international vacations a year that last a minimum of two weeks, often paying for all their extended family to go with them. She could probably buy herself anything she really wanted to or decided to. I am perennially super broke. Nothing I send her is ever over $30, and she always genuinely loves whatever it is because I always try to make it something that shows how much I think of her. Maybe it’s a small rose quartz worry stone because her grandmother always carried one in her pocket and she’s been missing her grandmother. Or a jar full of herbs with a ritual for helping her with her anxiety while her meds adjust. She could buy those things for herself, if it were about the items.

But it’s not about the item. It’s about making someone feel loved/respected/appreciated/important.

S-I-Lover
neophyte
neophyte

I see what you mean .... and I do agree with you, that it is just about your intentions .... they would make the gift "valuable". But if I would take this example I still would think about, that one could give "anything" to someone to make them feel loved/respected/appreciated/important, as long as it is comming out of one's heart, so to speak. BUT aren't you still giving out of something which you already "own" or have access to? I mean, something which would be somehow personally connected to your live instead of something one would create "new" in another realm ? Just thinking by myself ...

Thanks for your thoughts, still for me being also food for thought :)

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

In our current existence on this plane our time, effort and energy are all finite resources, and they are very aware of that. So you are definitely still giving out of what you have. And whatever you create in the astral is an even more direct expression of your feelings than a gift here since it’s luterally the thoughts and feelings that help create it.

But I really, really like how you’re talking about “something which would be somehow personally connected to your love.” That touches on that directness between love and astralky created gift, but it also reminds me of those times that I just sit and consciously offer the sustained sensation of love of gratitude that I feel for my companion. Those have been some of my favorite offerings moments.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote: Which makes me wonder about the possibilities afforded by digital offerings as a staple for those with tight space limitations....Rabbit hole time....
What, you mean...like playing music or leaving a photo of something a Spirit might like on a screen for a period of time?

S-I-Lover
neophyte
neophyte

That is a good question ... I would be interested as well.

This I tried in the beginning .... like checking out the "treats" for a specific spirit (like flower or animal or color) and then find a picture of that treat (if possible even a combination) and while trying to connect to the spirit I was showing this picture on the computer screen. I didn't know if this would work (still don't know), but I thought, that the spirit might just see my "intention" to appreciate them .... haven't done it in a while though ....

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

S-I-Lover wrote:That is a good question ... I would be interested as well.

This I tried in the beginning .... like checking out the "treats" for a specific spirit (like flower or animal or color) and then find a picture of that treat (if possible even a combination) and while trying to connect to the spirit I was showing this picture on the computer screen. I didn't know if this would work (still don't know), but I thought, that the spirit might just see my "intention" to appreciate them .... haven't done it in a while though ....
You could make personal Spirit Collages and print them out or save them in a folder specifically for them. That way when you meditate you could have them on the wall or have them on a cycle on your computer. Not sure if it's the greatest offering but I'm sure the intent and effort would be appreciated.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”