Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Yes I was kind of thinking that you could either experience digital things like songs together or save things in a specific folder. Images, poems, etc. I think if you spend time with the intent you could make a lot out of it. Like a photo of a flower isn’t going to have the same natural energy as an actual flower, but spending some time offering them your concept of the flower while you’re looking at it or making some digital art of it would bring its own special energy.

I’m just spitballing here. I haven’t tried this except for creating digital portraits of my companions since I don’t have onerous space constraints.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Another thing you could do is put together song Playlists, or even edit a video of one of their favorite characters or things.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Yep. And I know some people play video games with their spirits. For a while I tried out having a different WoW character for playing with different spirits. That never really clicked for me/us, but it certainly would for some.

thatbasicwitch
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 24
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn/Pegasus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:Yes I was kind of thinking that you could either experience digital things like songs together or save things in a specific folder. Images, poems, etc. I think if you spend time with the intent you could make a lot out of it. Like a photo of a flower isn’t going to have the same natural energy as an actual flower, but spending some time offering them your concept of the flower while you’re looking at it or making some digital art of it would bring its own special energy.

I’m just spitballing here. I haven’t tried this except for creating digital portraits of my companions since I don’t have onerous space constraints.
I have a Pinterest board for each of my companions. I save things to it that I think they'll like, things that remind me of them, what their preferred environment is, food they might enjoy, things like that. I have a big altar in my house but not little individual spaces for them so I see the Pinterest boards as a type of digital altar for each spirit. And when I'm on and I'm just looking at random things I keep myself aware of my spirits so if they see anything random that they like they can let me know. It seems to work for all of us and my unicorn, pegasus, and kelpie have REALLY gotten into it.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Some interesting thoughts, to be sure. Definitely some ideas worth trying.

I ended up offering my Dullahan that cross last night. It made me very emotional to do so . I think I have unresolved feelings about religion and God, and I might have been picking up on his appreciation at the same time. Either way it was an odd sentimental moment.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:Some interesting thoughts, to be sure. Definitely some ideas worth trying.

I ended up offering my Dullahan that cross last night. It made me very emotional to do so . I think I have unresolved feelings about religion and God, and I might have been picking up on his appreciation at the same time. Either way it was an odd sentimental moment.
Even so, it sounds positive for the most part. I'm glad you and your Dullahan are figuring out offerings together. :)

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:Yep. And I know some people play video games with their spirits. For a while I tried out having a different WoW character for playing with different spirits. That never really clicked for me/us, but it certainly would for some.
I'm very interested in the video game aspect. How does one play games with a Spirit?

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

A little like having someone look over your shoulder while you play, but a bit more integrated. I let them help me design the characters, choose which areas to go through, etc. The main difference is just kind of a level of mindfulness and engagement. Like I would read lots of things I would usually skip because my companions won't have read the same quest text over and over.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:A little like having someone look over your shoulder while you play, but a bit more integrated. I let them help me design the characters, choose which areas to go through, etc. The main difference is just kind of a level of mindfulness and engagement. Like I would read lots of things I would usually skip because my companions won't have read the same quest text over and over.
I wonder if I could incorporate this into a game like League, where it's not so adventurous but competitive and with lots of little things to take note of and recognize...it seems like it'd be more likely to stress them out.

S-I-Lover
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: tough question :)
If I could be anything, I would be...: Succubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Visioner

yes that all sounds like good ideas ... I started "collecting" some stuff on my PC to re-use them .... but somehow I never really followed up this project ...

Return to “Spirit Keeping”