Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Re: Malicious God Djinn

Postby Aprophis » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Glowworm wrote:Do you think it might be more understanding not to assume someone is imagining things and it's all in their head? Would anyone into spirit keeping like it if they were assumed first and foremost that it was all in their head?

Well, basically everything is in our head. We only get to see/hear/feel what our brain processes and decides to show us.

But there were enough people here that had that problem.
And there were others who had a spiritual awakening/kundalini awakening who had similar problems.
And then there's also shamanic initiatory crisis, which also can have similar problems.
So it's hard to pinpoint things and it's better to get the more mundane things out of the way first.

I myself was delusional for a month seeing and hearing things that later turned out not to be real. But that was a self made problem due to too much imagination.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Glowworm
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process

Postby Glowworm » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Aprophis wrote:
Glowworm wrote:Do you think it might be more understanding not to assume someone is imagining things and it's all in their head? Would anyone into spirit keeping like it if they were assumed first and foremost that it was all in their head?

Well, basically everything is in our head. We only get to see/hear/feel what our brain processes and decides to show us.

But there were enough people here that had that problem.
And there were others who had a spiritual awakening/kundalini awakening who had similar problems.
And then there's also shamanic initiatory crisis, which also can have similar problems.
So it's hard to pinpoint things and it's better to get the more mundane things out of the way first.

I myself was delusional for a month seeing and hearing things that later turned out not to be real. But that was a self made problem due to too much imagination.

Fair enough. I'm sorry you experienced that.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Postby Aprophis » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:28 pm

Glowworm wrote:Fair enough. I'm sorry you experienced that.

Don't be sorry, it wasn't your fault.
And it taught me how powerful the human mind is. Sure ruined any communication I might have had since then because of the trust issues I now have.
But still, impressive what we can do and it also stresses the importance of Know Thyself. And especially trust but verify. Especially if you're just developing telepathy. There's no easy way to keep the voices apart.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals

Postby Aurum » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:47 pm

In any case, I think the fact that these chakra healing videos make you feel panic means that they are probably something you should be listening to. If this isn't a self-created thoughtform or shamanic initiatory crisis but a feeder-type entity then it would be logical that it would make you feel panic when you try something that would help getting rid of it. If this is a feeder, then first thing to do is to stop feeding it by not reacting to things it does.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 27
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys

Postby Alys-RaccoonReadings » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:48 pm

Aurum wrote:In any case, I think the fact that these chakra healing videos make you feel panic means that they are probably something you should be listening to. If this isn't a self-created thoughtform or shamanic initiatory crisis but a feeder-type entity then it would be logical that it would make you feel panic when you try something that would help getting rid of it. If this is a feeder, then first thing to do is to stop feeding it by not reacting to things it does.

That makes a pile of sense.

Ishvala
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Unknown

Postby Ishvala » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:51 pm

Aurum wrote:In any case, I think the fact that these chakra healing videos make you feel panic means that they are probably something you should be listening to. If this isn't a self-created thoughtform or shamanic initiatory crisis but a feeder-type entity then it would be logical that it would make you feel panic when you try something that would help getting rid of it. If this is a feeder, then first thing to do is to stop feeding it by not reacting to things it does.

Yeah literally all of this.

laalbieglna
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 50
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby laalbieglna » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Everything Aurum wrote, and also one of the most insidious things feeder entities (and some shadows of our own souls) do is to make us latch onto them, creating a feedback loop. It is possible to become addicted to a feeder -- to the cycle of expecting them to do something, anticipation, confirmation, and our own reaction, even when the experience is overall negative -- which is exactly what they're looking for because they feed off of fear and distress. It is not unlike being addicted to drama. The most effective thing you can do to really get rid of these types of things and situations is to be utterly dispassionate and fearless about ruling out or treating all mundane possibilities, cleansing your self and your space, and then completely cutting off all of your emotional volatility that an entity could be feeding on.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals

Postby Aurum » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:52 pm

Another good thing to try is humor, if it is a feeder entity they're not going to like being laughed at. I understand finding something funny about your situation might be difficult but perhaps watching a funny movie or show would help lighten the atmosphere.

Lewk
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 117
Spelled Number: 113
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Postby Lewk » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:15 pm

Hi Glowworm

I hope this is interesting, even if it doesn't apply to your situation. I find these points interesting anyway, which is why I like to read about or discuss them. I apologise if everyone reading this knows it all inside out already...

I have to admit that I have struggled for years with the thoughtforms created by my own crystallised thinking and emotional patterns. I look at it from the point of view of Franz Bardon, a respected hermeticist magician from the 20th century. His explanation (which I think is quite widely held in similar ways by many) is that sensitive 'ordinary' people - as well as magicians who have developed some of their powers - tend to naturally create stronger thoughtforms with their mental energy when we have a strong negative thought or feeling. He called these Larvae. He said that every time we have that mental twinge more of our mental energy goes to feed the Larva until it becomes self sustaining. It often feels like it is coming from an external source and is plaguing us, and some people can get very distraught but, according to Franz Bardon, in some cases after people died they were astonished to realise it was this syndrome at work. As I have noticed it and struggled with it, I don't like to call it all in my mind or imagination. It's a substantially different phenomenon. And completely natural.

Bardon's advice was to develop 'no mind', thought-free meditation, kind of like the zen state. And to not resist or struggle with the Larvae emotion or worry pattern as they get strong. A neutral response works best, with a calm mind and emotions, which gives them no energy, so they start to dwindle and you get all your clear mental energy back.

The other phenomenon he described he called Schema. The idea is these are created from our own mental energy in the same way as Larvae. One example he gave is a person meeting someone who has dark forbidding eyes and features. In their mind the person looks like a black magician and they fear that person is persecuting or cursing them with ill luck. Then they are plagued by a run of what looks convincingly like a run of bad luck and negativity etc sent by someone or something else. Bardon said the person who created the Schema thought form would ironically be effectively cursing themselves.

There is a positive side to this natural mental energy process: it is the same thing at work when we consciously create thoughtforms / tulpas etc. Franz Bardon's system advocates gaining control of our thoughts and emotional / moral character before starting to create those things intentionally.

I also do shadow work...it's quite messy in there at times...but I think for me Larvae and Schema are in the same general area but are not quite the same thing as understanding and owning our shadow side or Id.

Regholdain
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby Regholdain » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Hi Lewk - That's some great info and very interesting. Does Franz Bardon discuss this in Initiation to Hermetics by chance?

Return to “What Went Wrong?”