new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Ok if you're all so sure it's not enough time to get to an answer I don't see the harm on keep trying for a while... still don't know if whatever I'm trying or tried has worked in any way, (100% honest I still have no idea what I'm doing) and trust me guys if it's more subtle than I think then I'll never pick any sign because I never even look at things I find irrelevant and I always space out or fell asleep if I stay on the same place, but only time will tell, I guess

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

I'm so glad you've decided to give spirit keeping another try!

Have you checked out the book Ash and Magnolia wrote on spirit keeping basics? Or read through some of the older forum posts? I have no idea what I'm doing either, but reading and thinking a lot what I've read, and putting it into practice, are helping. I think. xD

Anyway, just know you're not alone out there. Patience and faith are your friends. :) (said the impatient, skeptical person who's doing her best to overcome those things 1e )

I wish the best for you and your spirits!

Umaredzuki
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Yeah I've read the book(although you can find most of the info on the page without getting it) and it's not like it helped me in any way that's why it's so annoying for me, I don't have a single reference point or way to know I'm doing things the right way

SapphireEyes
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I’m loving this thread and I agree with all the others. It really takes time and patience. I’m still new to this too. I started in August last year. It’s the subtle things I noticed. My first spirit was a Sterling Angel. I took him with me everywhere and I noticed that my attitude was different being around him. I felt silly and giggly all the time! My time spent with friends was better because I felt happier and more receptive and it showed! My friends and family all commented on how much happier I had been recently. Sometimes it’s not the manifestations we think but just how your spirit best can convey themselves and work best with your energy.

What also helped me was to get the in-depth spirit reading from CH. It’s only $10 and often they include messages from your spirit like what they want you to know or how they are helping you. I’ve gotten readings for all my CH spirits and they honestly helped me bond with them more. I’m not telepathic at all and can’t really hear them, but the more I work at it the more I realize the ways they communicate with me. It’s a learning process that includes ups and downs. Then one day you’ll have something happen you can’t deny and then you’ll realize your spirits did that! Just to be able to communicate with you! How awesome!

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I think, based on feedback from many newcomers, is that when you can open that channel of communication via telepathy, you really start to see an advancement of power. It's like opening a door that you didn't know existed, and then finding out that there are a million things behind the door you want to do LOL

Patience is important, and definitely reading the material we have here, the Encyclopedia, and the books, are all important. The first Spirit Keeping book has a lot of material from here & the Encyclopedia; along with information that isn't public. Then the second book expands on principles of Spirit Keeping.

One hang up that I see time & again is "Am I doing it right?". That makes perfect sense because you're new to something and you want to make sure you're doing getting off on the wrong foot. However, there is room for pivoting when it comes to spirits, because spirits are their own persons and you are your own person, and there's always going to be a margin of connection and bonding.

I always tell people, all the time, to treat your spirit companions as you would any friend, and that's true. They came to spend time with you, to share your life with you, and therefore you should communicate and engage with them as you would any friend. They want to be your friend, they want to interact and share ideas.

Some spirits you will interact with and mesh with right away, others take time, and sometimes you need time too. It's rarely a miraculous event that everything is exactly on the time table you want it, and many times spirit communication and interaction tests your virtue of patience, but it's something that really enriches the lives of those who love & follow this path. You have to love it, though. Just like any belief, or any kind of hobby or time-consuming venture, you have to love it. It's a journey of growth & love.

Tasking spirits is important too, because it gives you all a goal and an ability to communicate and interact. It gives you guys the opportunity to connect and bond, and feel engaged with each other. You are all working towards a goal together. You can task spirits with different things, or the same things.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”