new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 5
Zodiac:

Self destruction means changing your ways "I think therefore I am" so you change all your habits and do things you would never do and undergo self destruction. This is my understanding of it, so let's say everyday I wake up I completely change all my ways and become chaos. Can one give me tips or tell me things they did in order to self destruct themselves?

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

What you are talking about sounds more like shadow work or other deep self-work than self-destruction. But if you were just going to do everything differently, why would you need tips?

Elmurza
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 5
Zodiac:

laalbieglna wrote:What you are talking about sounds more like shadow work or other deep self-work than self-destruction. But if you were just going to do everything differently, why would you need tips?
MM I feel like I need to recognize my dark side and change my beliefs in order to grow as a human as we are beings of duality. But what would the change progress involve? Im confused on what I should do to change. Maybe it's fear of my darker nature?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Elmurza wrote:Self destruction means changing your ways "I think therefore I am" so you change all your habits and do things you would never do and undergo self destruction. This is my understanding of it, so let's say everyday I wake up I completely change all my ways and become chaos. Can one give me tips or tell me things they did in order to self destruct themselves?
Or maybe learning spontaneity, which is a way of being close to change and flow, rather than being set in one's ways and stagnant?

I value my self but I also try to improve myself. I also like to get perspective on myself, one way to do this being assuming different archetypes - using a tried and tested method from a reliable source. You get to feel like a new you during the archetype excursion and can appreciate your own archetype when you're back to being yourself.

chrysalis
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Growth usually occurs outside your comfort zone.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I can't think of anything I could say that would be helpful, as usually when one does this sort of work it's reliant on self revelation and self acceptance.

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Elmurza wrote: MM I feel like I need to recognize my dark side and change my beliefs in order to grow as a human as we are beings of duality. But what would the change progress involve? Im confused on what I should do to change. Maybe it's fear of my darker nature?
Well, you could pick one thing to shift that you believe is inherent to your nature. For example, I had a persistent phobia -- decades long -- that I chose to unweave so I could have the power from it back. For this I took the thing I was phobic of and convinced myself I actually love it. And now, about 8 months later, I do, to the point where working with it is second nature and my affection for it is what now seems intrinsic to my nature.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

laalbieglna wrote:For this I took the thing I was phobic of and convinced myself I actually love it. And now, about 8 months later, I do, to the point where working with it is second nature and my affection for it is what now seems intrinsic to my nature.
If don't mind me asking, what were you afraid of?

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote: If don't mind me asking, what were you afraid of?
I feel like an ass about it now, but I had a 30+ year phobia of dolls, to the point that I literally couldn't sleep in the same building with one without checking it repeatedly OCD-style to make sure it hadn't moved during the night. Humanoid religious statuary even was a problem. Now I have 8 very creepy ones, all bound to spirits, that hang out mostly facing my bed, and a reborn baby.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

laalbieglna wrote: I feel like an ass about it now, but I had a 30+ year phobia of dolls, to the point that I literally couldn't sleep in the same building with one without checking it repeatedly OCD-style to make sure it hadn't moved during the night. Humanoid religious statuary even was a problem. Now I have 8 very creepy ones, all bound to spirits, that hang out mostly facing my bed, and a reborn baby.
I don't think that's arse worthy but then again I'm biased, since creepy dolls creep me out, plus I'm a stuffed animal fan so...

Return to “General Questions”