Tasking for astral projection

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

As for myself, I have been interested in astral projection for as long as I have practiced magic, so over ten years now. I have tried so many methods, I am familiar with Robert Bruce, have tried his methods. You name it, I probably have tried it. For the last years I have mostly let go of this pursuit, perhaps it happens perhaps it wont's.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

polyana005 wrote:I posted on the Ap Facebook group asking how they do it. One person replied that she exits through her third eye chakra. Is that so? That was very new to me? How come I can travel mentally using my third eye but not astrally using it? I underwent full psychic upgrade (by kelis) and he removed blockages too, installed betas at my chakras to prevent formation of the new ones. However I'm still not separating from the physical body.

I did controlled Ap twice before. The rest of interactions I've managed to get are mental viewings, without ditaching from the physical body.
I am in that group, and while they are very nice and positive, I was shocked by exactly how all over the place it was simply because I felt like it would be impossible for them to reliably helpful as it currently operates.

When I think of spirits/entities helping with AP, my eight hours of attempting to water-ski at age seventeen come vividly to mind. My best friend's dad dragged me behind that boat on repeat and with lots of perfectly good advice...and I never stayed up for longer than like 45 seconds. Eight. Hours. Of expert (he had taught tons of kids how to do this,) sympathetic and patient help. I never did get it (because I never tried again.)

I am not saying you cannot learn to AP. My point is that there's only so much someone who is not you can do to help you learn how to do something so personal and so focused on your own processes, experiences and sensations. I am, therefore, not certain how much help adding more or different members to that team can help.

I think there might be value in choosing a single approach and doing the heck out of it.

I found these books helpful, but I had to go slow and not keep reading until I had mastered an exercise:
-https://www.amazon.com/Astral-Projectio ... 160&sr=8-7
-https://www.amazon.com/Astral-Travel-Be ... 160&sr=8-3

However, I don't see them widely recommended, so your mileage may vary. The Robert Bruce brook is very widely and highly recommended across different communities. Bonus: He has a forum on AP, and that might be a great resource.

For some people it helps to view the astral wandering as happening separate from the physical body and for others it helps them to view it as happening within the mind (and, therefore, sort of also within the body) instead. You may want to try experimenting with this difference in perspective. Another difference in perspective is the idea that what you project is your energy body and your mental body follows it (this is Bruce's deal; it confuses me; obviously it works for a lot of people though,) or that the solitary mental body is separated first and then the true astral body (not a created energy body) is drawn out of the physical body and inhabited by the mental body, thus leaving the physical body empty (also super confusing to me, but this is Bardon's take.)

I don't know who is number one on the "within the mind" camp, but I know that Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics takes this view. I'll say something good about that and also a word of caution. The something good is that, having looked at the book and read a bit of it, I can tell you it is so meticulous and rigorous that I cannot see anyone possibly completing the program in good faith without some practical magical/meta/whatever skills they can use and be proficient in. Now, for the word of caution: I have seen it listed in several places that you should not take any of the book or its exercises out of order. Given that his "Astral Dynamics" is Step 9, you would need to go through the entire first eight steps before you even hit on just your specific goal. If you're patient enough though, this might be the thing that really works for you.

At any rate, I would pick a single system that resonated with me or made sense to me and just really commit to it and go to town on it before trying something new entirely. If you just keep changing what you are doing in a non-systematic way, you cannot reliably pinpoint which things work and which don't. Change one thing, practice for maybe three weeks that way, and then change another thing if you see no positive improvement. But I don't think your spirits or entities can POOF make it happen on any level. They can only for sure help instruct you and maybe grease the wheels.

polyana005
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: lemming
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:
polyana005 wrote:I posted on the Ap Facebook group asking how they do it. One person replied that she exits through her third eye chakra. Is that so? That was very new to me? How come I can travel mentally using my third eye but not astrally using it? I underwent full psychic upgrade (by kelis) and he removed blockages too, installed betas at my chakras to prevent formation of the new ones. However I'm still not separating from the physical body.

I did controlled Ap twice before. The rest of interactions I've managed to get are mental viewings, without ditaching from the physical body.
I am in that group, and while they are very nice and positive, I was shocked by exactly how all over the place it was simply because I felt like it would be impossible for them to reliably helpful as it currently operates.

When I think of spirits/entities helping with AP, my eight hours of attempting to water-ski at age seventeen come vividly to mind. My best friend's dad dragged me behind that boat on repeat and with lots of perfectly good advice...and I never stayed up for longer than like 45 seconds. Eight. Hours. Of expert (he had taught tons of kids how to do this,) sympathetic and patient help. I never did get it (because I never tried again.)

I am not saying you cannot learn to AP. My point is that there's only so much someone who is not you can do to help you learn how to do something so personal and so focused on your own processes, experiences and sensations. I am, therefore, not certain how much help adding more or different members to that team can help.

I think there might be value in choosing a single approach and doing the heck out of it.

I found these books helpful, but I had to go slow and not keep reading until I had mastered an exercise:
-https://www.amazon.com/Astral-Projectio ... 160&sr=8-7
-https://www.amazon.com/Astral-Travel-Be ... 160&sr=8-3

However, I don't see them widely recommended, so your mileage may vary. The Robert Bruce brook is very widely and highly recommended across different communities. Bonus: He has a forum on AP, and that might be a great resource.

For some people it helps to view the astral wandering as happening separate from the physical body and for others it helps them to view it as happening within the mind (and, therefore, sort of also within the body) instead. You may want to try experimenting with this difference in perspective. Another difference in perspective is the idea that what you project is your energy body and your mental body follows it (this is Bruce's deal; it confuses me; obviously it works for a lot of people though,) or that the solitary mental body is separated first and then the true astral body (not a created energy body) is drawn out of the physical body and inhabited by the mental body, thus leaving the physical body empty (also super confusing to me, but this is Bardon's take.)

I don't know who is number one on the "within the mind" camp, but I know that Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics takes this view. I'll say something good about that and also a word of caution. The something good is that, having looked at the book and read a bit of it, I can tell you it is so meticulous and rigorous that I cannot see anyone possibly completing the program in good faith without some practical magical/meta/whatever skills they can use and be proficient in. Now, for the word of caution: I have seen it listed in several places that you should not take any of the book or its exercises out of order. Given that his "Astral Dynamics" is Step 9, you would need to go through the entire first eight steps before you even hit on just your specific goal. If you're patient enough though, this might be the thing that really works for you.

At any rate, I would pick a single system that resonated with me or made sense to me and just really commit to it and go to town on it before trying something new entirely. If you just keep changing what you are doing in a non-systematic way, you cannot reliably pinpoint which things work and which don't. Change one thing, practice for maybe three weeks that way, and then change another thing if you see no positive improvement. But I don't think your spirits or entities can POOF make it happen on any level. They can only for sure help instruct you and maybe grease the wheels.
Thanks a lot for the post. I totally agree with you. Will stick to one particular technique for at least 15 times in a 1 month period. If no luck whatsoever, will move onto another one. I did AP before, so I know what's out there and am very much looking forward to it. It must have been my low energy levels, I must have forgotten that having small children, full time job and other things can leave me simply exhausted.

A friend to: A human spirit, gold djinn, werewolf, three ancestors, deva., high elf, Egyptian sanguine vampire, Astral angel, Courtwind angel, sterling angel, Bronwyn angel, Enochian Angel Baradiel, Enochian Angel Galgalliel, Nephilim.
Protected by: Volkh, Einherjar, Fylgia, Draugr.
Immortals: Zeus, Aphrodite, Anubis, Nephtys.
Living astral entities: Astral Angel, Norse vampire elder, Falwer-niamstrum.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

polyana005 wrote:It must have been my low energy levels, I must have forgotten that having small children, full time job and other things can leave me simply exhausted.
Oh, goodness, yes. I have only one and he is eight and I have STILL like no time and energy for extras like devoting regular time to structured AP advancement. LOL. You are awesome, and you'll get it when you get it. :)

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

As always, great advice and info Alys. :) I completely agree with all said.

Yet another reason to actually pull out the Introduction to Hermetics and crack through it. LOL

But... I'm still reading Energy Work, so... In Due Time. 2wk

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

polyana005 wrote:It must have been my low energy levels, I must have forgotten that having small children, full time job and other things can leave me simply exhausted.
Oh, goodness, yes. I have only one and he is eight and I have STILL like no time and energy for extras like devoting regular time to structured AP advancement. LOL. You are awesome, and you'll get it when you get it. :)
Oooh, I could certainly see that as an issue. You will get there. Just work on the energy levels and find the consistent method that resonates and works with you and how you see astral travel.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
polyana005
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:
Oooh, I could certainly see that as an issue. You will get there. Just work on the energy levels and find the consistent method that resonates and works with you and how you see astral travel.
Thanks so much! 1bw I will start with dedicating some more time to head to bed one hour earlier. Maybe that would be a game changer for me.

A friend to: A human spirit, gold djinn, werewolf, three ancestors, deva., high elf, Egyptian sanguine vampire, Astral angel, Courtwind angel, sterling angel, Bronwyn angel, Enochian Angel Baradiel, Enochian Angel Galgalliel, Nephilim.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 298
Spelled Number: 202
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:As always, great advice and info Alys. :) I completely agree with all said.

Yet another reason to actually pull out the Introduction to Hermetics and crack through it. LOL

But... I'm still reading Energy Work, so... In Due Time. 2wk
To add to Alys-RaccoonReadings' comments on Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics, as the topic interests me too, I'd echo the forewarning that it is a rigorous and demanding course to work through. The first part is good reading. The second part is the practical. I agree you do get very good knowledge/ insight / results as the progress builds.

I wouldn't myself recommend Franz Bardon for astral travel, other than to say if you're willing to learn his system for many months or years until you reach that part, the astral travelling bit would probably be very good. You can't pick and choose from that book of his, you do have to progress very steadily and incrementally.

Yes you have to stick to the exercises in each step to the letter and only move on when you've completed them. At the very start you brush the skin daily with eg a boar bristles brush and have a cold shower or upper body wash just for the effect on the body and blood circulation, then keep that up throughout. I only made it as far as Step IV before my determination broke - I've spent years plowing through some other systems with daily exercises that last a year or two and I'm resistant to take on more of that...although lately I have been toying with the idea of picking it up again and carrying on where I left off....
Last edited by Lewk on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 298
Spelled Number: 202
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I'm not an expert astral traveller but yes it does make sense to me to take one system and stick with it. I have the Bruce book plus a couple more on astral travel but devided to stick to the first system I learned. Perhaps it's not best to mix systems until you're really competent? The DJ Conway system is fairly simple at the point where you leave the body. Just imagining yourself rolling out of it works...having first set up the right sort of protection, being ready to self protect while travelling and having first got your spirit guides involved, in her system.

polyana005
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:I'm not an expert astral traveller but yes it does make sense to me to take one system and stick with it. I have the Bruce book plus a couple more on astral travel but devided to stick to the first system I learned. Perhaps it's not best to mix systems until you're really competent? The DJ Conway system is fairly simple at the point where you leave the body. Just imagining yourself rolling out of it works...having first set up the right sort of protection, being ready to self protect while travelling and having first got your spirit guides involved, in her system.
1mg absolutely

Return to “Spirit Tasking”