Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I was wondering what this was like and if anyone found working with and communicating with their keep any easier after receiving one. Did wishes happen quicker? Did Manifestations happen more often? Did protection Spirits seem more on guard? Etc.

polyana005
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: lemming
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

What is a master spirit?

A friend to: A human spirit, gold djinn, werewolf, three ancestors, deva., high elf, Egyptian sanguine vampire, Astral angel, Courtwind angel, sterling angel, Bronwyn angel, Enochian Angel Baradiel, Enochian Angel Galgalliel, Nephilim.
Protected by: Volkh, Einherjar, Fylgia, Draugr.
Immortals: Zeus, Aphrodite, Anubis, Nephtys.
Living astral entities: Astral Angel, Norse vampire elder, Falwer-niamstrum.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

polyana005 wrote:What is a master spirit?
It's a listing on CH.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

My impression is that it's a bit like having a point person or a head of committee? I think if you had a big spirit family and/or many simultaneous goals going it might be a good idea. I'm not sure I would go for it with fewer than ten spirits. But that's me.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:My impression is that it's a bit like having a point person or a head of committee? I think if you had a big spirit family and/or many simultaneous goals going it might be a good idea. I'm not sure I would go for it with fewer than ten spirits. But that's me.
Yeah I figured it'd be for groups of maybe ten or fifteen and up. I was just concerned with how it helped things along compared to say, not having one. So I wanted to hear others benefits so to speak.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Ishvala wrote:I was wondering what this was like and if anyone found working with and communicating with their keep any easier after receiving one. Did wishes happen quicker? Did Manifestations happen more often? Did protection Spirits seem more on guard? Etc.
I can't comment about the Master Spirit. I don't have one, and while there is some appeal in how it is described I would rather task one of my existing spirits to be my "point man" for my keep. Right now I have two spirits that I rely on for this, my succubus and sapphire dragon, both because they've been with me from day one.

I'm curious to see if others experienced a boost in the areas you mention with one, but I don't actually infer that to be their primary purpose. I see the Master Spirit more as a spirit that can help with things in a larger spirit community setting (like it says, 50-100 spirits), and so the comments in the listing about connection improvement, etc., I see more as being related to improving the experience with a community of spirits rather than boosting our individual spirit keeping skills and abilities in general.

That said, I sense more behind this question than just what a Master Spirit can help you do. Forgive me, as I'm going to make some assumptions in that regard in the below comments...

I have a recommendation. Email CH Support and tell them your concerns - you'd like to boost your communication with your keep or something to support it, you'd like to see more manifestations more often, you'd like to have overall stronger connections to boost their task resolution. Ask them about the Master Spirit in that regard, but for a much smaller keep. Tell them anything else they can recommend instead is a welcome suggestion. Let them know what your experience level is what your abilities are right now. Mention any expectations and concerns that you have so they can better help advise. They might have a different recommendation for bindings or spirits to assist in your learning process. And, you might also discover that a custom conjuration (of a specific spirit race you might resonate with) with customer notes specifically discussing these issues might also be helpful.

I feel I have to caution you that additional spells and spirits don't substitute bonding, connecting, practicing communication, etc. I know, I'm making a leap in inference here and I don't mean offense. Your questions just gave me pause for concern. There are a lot of factors regarding wishes, manifestation, and protection that come into play. Other posts in the forums discuss these things and make it pretty clear sometimes they don't work like you expect, at all.

I don't want to discourage you at all - just a friendly reminder to be realistic in your expectations and to be patient as you work at this journey. Impatience and holding a certain level of specific expectations in your mind can cause blocks in your journey and hinder your progress. I'm not saying that is happening, but again just mentioning it as something to keep in mind.

There are no shortcuts magic or spirits can provide that will replace our own dedicated practice and strength of will to take action in our lives. Our spirit companions love us and protect us - even when protection is not outright a part of their description - and they will help us where they can. Unfortunately they cannot replace our own efforts. We have to go the distance and provide the open door for them to enter through.

Now, I'm not saying spirits and spells cannot assist us. I work with some myself for various reasons, but they are SUPPORT tools, not accelerator pedals, and not substitutions for experience and practice.

And I do know that you have been working hard on all fronts to open the door to communication, bonding and connecting, and you are anxious to see them help make a difference in your life. All I'm saying is to keep a level head and continue to take things one step at a time. Watch for the little things, trust they are there, and don't expect a Hollywood Miracle.

That said, I'm really sorry if I got preachy there. The tone of this may not be as loving or supporting as I meant for it to be.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:That said, I'm really sorry if I got preachy there. The tone of this may not be as loving or supporting as I meant for it to be.
No you're completely fine. I try to remain non-biased when reading things for the most part. I can tell it's from a place of concern, not malice. That said, I wasn't looking into a Master Spirit for the sake of speeding up anything. I mostly wanted one for the sake of making sure my Spirits had a sense of connection and trust. That what I said got to them, and that what they wanted/needed got to me. This is also why I ordered the ultimate offering from another store (and why I was so sad when it didn't arrive). I want to make sure I give my Spirits my all, in any way I can, because I don't question that they're giving their all to me. I know they are.

I guess at the end of the day, I want to do more for them, and I was hoping the master spirit would be an extension of that desire, that would help in those matters. The other questions just felt like a nice bonus haha.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote: Yeah I figured it'd be for groups of maybe ten or fifteen and up.
The recommendation is for groups of 50-100. So if you keep 150 spirit companions, you might want 2-3 master spirits to manage your keep (depending on WA or DA) : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Have you looked into this from CH by chance?

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/power-fo ... r-orb.html

I have one and only honestly worked with it directly sparingly, so I cannot attribute it to assisting in my journey directly, but if you dig in the forums (there's a thread specifically about it) you will see many positive reviews on its effectiveness. This might help you in your connections and communications.

That said, check with CH Support and tell them what you just told me. See if a custom conjure of the Master Spirit could assist with giving your keep that much more of a level of connection and trust and communication. It couldn't hurt! And maybe the Master Spirit could bring along some spirit keeping advice and intuition. Just remember, in the end it is still another spirit to bond with, because they would be the go-to liaison for you and your spirits.

Lastly, I think your spirits definitely already have a sense of connection and trust. I've seen your posts and I believe that's not lacking at all.

I can definitely understand doing something special for them, and if you feel that can be expressed through the Master Spirit, it might be a great addition to your family.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

There are some interesting points here.

I think Regholdain may have a good point Ishavala about telling CH support what your goal is on this and seeing what they suggest.

On Master Spirits, from my own experience, I think like other things it depends what you do with them when you've got them. I have one special CH Master Binding of an Immortal, that is for mentoring and coordinating around 50 of my bound spirit companions - but I still found I'm working though my own blocks and issues in terms of working with that set up. (The binding of them is as a master spirit.)

I have 4 from another seller that are described as being able to Overlord other spirits in the family. At times this is really convenient and good for organising or team work or supporting other spirits. They are good spirits to have too and can call on other spirits they command that are not in my spirit family.

If there was a mix of spirits in a family and some didn't get on, a suitable master /overlord spirit could keep order. (CH also has a spell for this.)

You also get spirits that get described as being a good leader. I was given one reverse adoption spirit described like that and was pleasantly surprised to see they were quite forward at intervening and fixing things, putting me right, telling other spirits I was communing with how best to interact with me etc and those spirits appreciated it.

I have quite a lot of sentient guardian servitors so having Commanders is a very good way of not having to speak to each one individually all the time and I can pass rules or instructions to the whole group via a Commander and they will coordinate my protection without having to be asked as they're set up that way.

If you've stuck with me this far, perhaps you'll understand my reasoning when I say that of the master/overlord/leader spirits I have, the one that has worked best for me in terms of having better relationship and interaction with my other spirits is the one with natural leadership abilities. They're not bossy and the other spirits appreciate the help.

So maybe if you want a spirit that'll help you bond and interact better...ask CH.

There are spirit keeping spells that aid things too.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”