Custom Conjures: How specific is too specific?

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Ellie44 wrote:I don't have the time nor stomach to troll haha
Thank you for your kind words though, I do appreciate them. <3
I'm glad. You've got a lion's voice. You should use it.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

The only times I’ve specified something with a custom is when it’s a type of spirit where I feel compelled to mention that I’m a platonic keeper, so any spirit would have to be OK with that. Beyond that, I normally let the chips fall where they may and expect that the right spirit will respond to the call.
Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I have to say I generally don't specify often. Definitely not with Reverse Adoptions. A lot of my spirits came from readings too, so there wasn't anything to say. I think the triumvirate was my one major exception now that I look back on it. LOL
X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

I only have one custom conjure​, my first spirit, and I had no idea you could be specific. But I love him very much, just the way he is, so it all worked out in the end. <3

That said, if I do get another custom conjure, I think I'll try being more specific just to see what happens. Can't hurt, right? :D
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

SilverElf wrote:I only have one custom conjure​, my first spirit, and I had no idea you could be specific. But I love him very much, just the way he is, so it all worked out in the end. <3

That said, if I do get another custom conjure, I think I'll try being more specific just to see what happens. Can't hurt, right? :D
That'd be my logic. x3
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

The only time I've specified anything was when I ordered my werewolf. The other conjurations/reverse adoptions I've gotten, I've just left it open. Seems to me that they really do find the best spirit for you regardless, because my first couple of spirits, in their descriptions, were told to help me with certain things I love doing in life that I really needed help with and I never told Magnolia or Ash about at all. As in, my first spirit helping me with my creative arts, and my second helping me with my studies / learning at school.

Went on a little rant there haha. Back to my werewolf, I asked for someone who wouldn't mind affection and I wanted to leave it open with that. And I believe he is one of my closest spirits to me. Don't know if that's just because of the specification, or if it's because we just mesh well energy wise. (:
S-I-Lover
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: tough question :)
If I could be anything, I would be...: Succubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Visioner

I think to sum it up, I would say, don't worry about specific notes too much ... but if you feel led to mention some points in the notes, than you should do it ;)
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

S-I-Lover wrote:I think to sum it up, I would say, don't worry about specific notes too much ... but if you feel led to mention some points in the notes, than you should do it ;)
That about sums it up, yeah.
Knowing me I'll always be specific. Not only do I want to stress out the conjurerer but I would want the Spirit to know - - from my words-- what they're getting into. Even they might already know.
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

Most of my spirits and entities are either custom conjures or reverse adoptions. I rarely put anything in the notes. I wouldn't underestimate your (future) spirits. They definitely know a lot more about you and/or your situation, than you might think. Some examples, that really astonished me: I found out, that some malicious entities attacked me. I was told, that I should get a living entity originating from the astral realm to take care of this. (Well, that was through the biography reading for my Courtwind and Seriden. I did not expect that.) My living Courtwind knew exactly what to do and specifically came through to defend me. She apparently knew, that my spirit family is rather large and took a leading role. My Throne also knew, that I have a lot of dark spirits. A funnier example: My Fallen Angel loves Classic Rock. Me too! 1ey

It does not matter, if you leave the notes blank. I just asked for a particular race, preferred appearance or "a less dark being" of a very DA race a few times. Just go for it, even if it gets a bit more specific.
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

Lol I have to admit I also worry about the same thing about providing too much details. But I do agree with others that you can basically try to make request of anything (though, personally I try not to request anything that could be deemed too bizarre, but that's just me). I did a custom conjure with CH for a bisexual male nympho and I specified my gender identity (I realized the gender identity mention probably isn't needed but in the back of my mind I wanted to be sure I was receiving a good fit for me) and specified I wanted him to be "younger-looking" and masculine...since that reflects my preferences with men (LOL). I didn't really indicate anything else but if I were to reorder a sexual spirit from CH again I'd definitely be a lot more detailed next time. I did a reverse adoption of a romantic companion on a third-party site and I told the conjurer I specifically wanted a male spirit with a humanoid/human look that was okay with a spirit keeper that desired open relationships with other spirits and specialized in magick. When I did a custom conjuration of a galv on CH, I ended up not indicating anything LOL, I guess I just wanted to let whoever wanted to come through.

When I order custom conjurations on Billy's/ThePaganShop's site -- I usually indicate to him the gender I want, potential skills/abilities, and if I desire a platonic/romantic/sexual kind of connection depending on which spirit I ordered, and maybe certain personality traits.

In regards to triumvirate bindings - those are very interesting to me because I believe Billy also does his own 3 body binding and this is what he wrote in regards to his "It will also allow the spirit to stay with you through this life through the spiritual or astral realms and then if you are reincarnated the spirits will remain with you as well if this is the case."

And this is an excerpt of CH's triumvirate "The spirit and spell you choose will then be bound to your bodies and being bound to all three bodies means that they will have a further reach and more capabilities immediately than most spirits who you connect with and are typically only bound to your physical and/or spiritual bodies."

Anyway thanks for making this post, this post now motivates me in being a little more elaborate in my custom conjure orders HAHAHA!
"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”