Custom Conjures: How specific is too specific?

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:I think everything said here so far has pretty much covered the basis. I got very specific with two of my spirits - specifying how I needed them to get along and what skills I wanted them to have and to be able to teach me. Since we're still bonding I cannot say if most of those requests were answered as I'm not pursuing some of it in my journey right now. I basically described everything I needed and wanted from the spirits; it was a couple paragraphs each.

There was, perhaps, too much information, and I even contacted CH afterwards telling them I was feeling bad for being that specific, that I felt like I should be more open with the spirits that step forward. They pretty much responded that it was fine.

I can also say that one of those two spirits surprised me earlier this weekend as being very easy to connect with, so for whatever reason there's that. (Although she is on a triumvirate binding so that could also make the difference.)
Good points you had made Regholdin! I had made some specifics with a custom which was perfect-except I think I ended up being too specific with some details & not enough with other details! Confusing in a way since I am still learning about the different types of spirits out there, when I got my Daemon I was extremely specific with the details of him-down to his personalitiy, looks & demeanor & he wanted Magnolia & Ash to know so they knew who he was going to-but after the purchase was made & shipped he gave me some extra traits he has which made me wonder till this very day if I got the correct listing! In other words I think I needed to ask more questions or for help by making sure I ask if something pops up in mind!

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I only was overly specific 2-3 times when I felt a call regarding a spirit but one thing I always seriously specify with & is a must when I bring a spirit home is they are to be pet & animal friendly-I have 3 cats & I am also currently feeding two feral cats that live outside & with any spirit before I bring them home or even consider them is that they be respectful & won't hurt them!

CloverSkai
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Clover

I have about 15 custom conjures, have never provided any info, and they are ALL perfect. Trust that the right spirit will choose you. Hope this helps!

Spirit Family= E (White Dragon), S (White Dragon), M (Divine Dragon), K (Bronwyn Angel), G (Courtwind Angel), A (Divine Angel), F (Bronwyn Angel), T (Bronwyn Angel), M (Camelot Faerie), A (Seelie Faerie), M (Intelligence Faerie), P (High Elf), E (Elf), B (High Elf), M (Elf), O (Elf), D (Keshalyi), Fylgia

::pot::
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I do agree with the right spirit will choose you! My Daemon was an unbound & he had picked me, plus we had been friends in more than one past life so we made our way back to each other so to say! I gave all the details of him, Magnolia & Ash had pulled thru making sure he came to me! My only concern is/was the fact he had also characteristics of another type of spirit which still makes it confusing, he had told me some details he had that I couldn't mention because he was on the way! My Masheba came thru very quick for me-I practically had one in mind for well over a year but I got her from another seller & she had informed me my Masheba was waiting at the portal which was why she came thru so quick-so after asking my Masheba about it she had told me it was her that was calling to me but had to wait until I was ready so she waited & watched for the time I brought her home, I never even gave any specifics with her but I knew somehow she was the one!

Syrah
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Bumping this thread for the newbies.

And
For
This
Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:42 pm

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thank you-so worth the bump!

:3
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I did specify on an upcoming CC that if none of the spirits were very interested I wouldn't mind a refund. I don't think that that was necessary as CH seem good at finding spirits. Also I'd be just as happy with a substitution in the same general spirit area. So I think it was a bit misleading as well.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Syrah wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:21 pm
And
For
This
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssss, y'all! ;)

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:48 am SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssss, y'all! ;)

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

I tend to be very specific if I order a custom (haven't ordered one for a while though) only if the spirit is of the sexual kind or if I get a spirit to help me with certain things magick or mundane..

Otherwise I leave it quite open, I just make sure the spirit has some basic qualities that I always communicate when getting customs, and also it depends very much on the situation and type of spirit.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”