Custom Conjures: How specific is too specific?

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

A short Note: I was at work and work is boring so I started thinking up a bunch of random Witchy and Spirit Keeping related questions. This is one of the two that stuck in my head so I figured, why not ask on break!

Welp, here I am!

---

For customs how specific do you tend to get? Does it depend on the Spirit or personal need? Do you, personally, tend to give any specific details outside of things that the Spirit would generally provide? I guess in short, how do you tend to order your customs?

I've been trying to figure out the type of information that'd be useful for a Custom. For the future, as I'm trying not to break my personal rule of slowing the heck down. Although if I have money left over I might get just one more because it keeps showing up in my brain and my electronics...and it's starting to make me crazy.

Also as a bonus round: How detailed do you tend to get when ordering a custom nymph/ubi/etc.?

SapphireEyes
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Be as specific as you want to be! That’s the great things about custom conjures! You can be as detailed as you want! Including how the spirit looks if you have a physical preference, and also what you are looking for in the relationship too, especially with nymphos/ubis. All of them are different so if you have any particulars you want like if you want an ubi/nympho that’s sweet and romantic, say that. If you want one that really likes to get down in all kinds of ways, let them know! If you have a certain uh... “kink” that you want your spirit to have then tell them! The more specific you are, the better, then CH can get the perfect spirit then that encompasses all the things you want.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Varies wildly. Sometimes I will specify a possible outcome I am not comfortable with, sometimes a goal I would like to focus on, and sometimes I request a very specific spirit I’ve become aware of. That was my most specific one. I had identified on my own a past life in ancient Egypt and one Goddess’s name, gave CH exactly that information and requested a binding of the past life.

S-I-Lover
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: tough question :)
If I could be anything, I would be...: Succubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Visioner

This is a good question ... in the beginning I wasn't even aware of the fact, that I can (and should) write some specific wishes in the notes area .... so my first spirit was custom, but I did not mention anything.

At that time I was not only overwhelmed by the listings in the shop, I also wasn't sure about the order process (talking about the custom notes area).

I know, no one "has to" write something, but I learned, for custom spirits one "should" write someting. As for my first spirit without any custom notes I think I still have the most trouble to connect with until today.

After I found out, that I "could" and "should" write something in the notes area, I was immediatelly confronted with this same question: What do I write ? What is important to mention ? Do I have any wishes ? And how specific can I be ? What happens, if I am too specific ? Did I forget something to mention ?

So a few spirit purchases later I found for myself, that I firstly think about any specific personal wishes I would like to have for the spirit, and secondly I mention things like that the spirit has to obey my house rule or has to get along with my other spirits or for sexual spirits that I don't allow any jealousy on the other spirits or on my human partner ....

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

S-I-Lover wrote:This is a good question ... in the beginning I wasn't even aware of the fact, that I can (and should) write some specific wishes in the notes area .... so my first spirit was custom, but I did not mention anything.

At that time I was not only overwhelmed by the listings in the shop, I also wasn't sure about the order process (talking about the custom notes area).

I know, no one "has to" write something, but I learned, for custom spirits one "should" write someting. As for my first spirit without any custom notes I think I still have the most trouble to connect with until today.

After I found out, that I "could" and "should" write something in the notes area, I was immediatelly confronted with this same question: What do I write ? What is important to mention ? Do I have any wishes ? And how specific can I be ? What happens, if I am too specific ? Did I forget something to mention ?

So a few spirit purchases later I found for myself, that I firstly think about any specific personal wishes I would like to have for the spirit, and secondly I mention things like that the spirit has to obey my house rule or has to get along with my other spirits or for sexual spirits that I don't allow any jealousy on the other spirits or on my human partner ....
I appreciate the personal details you provide as it helped me a lot with understanding what to include and why I should include it, and that just because you order a custom doesn't mean it'll be tailored to your needs or connect with you right away - especially if you don't give information.

S-I-Lover
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: tough question :)
If I could be anything, I would be...: Succubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Visioner

well, I do think that Ash and Magnolia try their best to find the best companion anyway ... even without details ... this is what I "heared" from different people in this forum and also I have the impression that they are doing their best to suit you, even though you might not give any notes.

But I also think, that personal wishes also reflect personal expectations .... and that is where the connecting comes in .... so no huge problems without specific notes ... but maybe better results with notes ...

This opinion might vary anyways from person to person ;)

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Two examples from me:

1. For a CH Master Spirit I specified what group of spirits they'd be working with and some characteristics of their personality/nature that would suit me and CH chose which spirit it would be (ended up being a custom binding of a Greek Immortal). So I was open to which spirit I got, just specified the job description.

2. When I ordered two cleansing and restoration spirits from an Elf alliance, I may have over-specified the precise sorts of physical or mental conditions I wanted each to be able to help with. When they came I got really good connections with them but their description was about more general abilities or focus. So with that order the spirits were well matched to me / my energy but my order notes were a bit off. I think it was still a good idea to say what I wanted them for.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I think everything said here so far has pretty much covered the basis. I got very specific with two of my spirits - specifying how I needed them to get along and what skills I wanted them to have and to be able to teach me. Since we're still bonding I cannot say if most of those requests were answered as I'm not pursuing some of it in my journey right now. I basically described everything I needed and wanted from the spirits; it was a couple paragraphs each.

There was, perhaps, too much information, and I even contacted CH afterwards telling them I was feeling bad for being that specific, that I felt like I should be more open with the spirits that step forward. They pretty much responded that it was fine.

I can also say that one of those two spirits surprised me earlier this weekend as being very easy to connect with, so for whatever reason there's that. (Although she is on a triumvirate binding so that could also make the difference.)

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:Although she is on a triumvirate binding so that could also make the difference.
How would it make a difference?

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Essentially it is a binding of a spell, a spirit, and the Triumvirate (so 3 together). The Triumvirate spell binds all 3 bodies (physical, spiritual, and astral) to the spirits/spells on the binding. I purchased 5 spirits and 3 spells that are bound to the Triumvirate. So, theoretically, because they are connected to all 3 bodies, the spirits and spells have further reach and more immediate connection in comparison with normal bindings that typically are only bound to one of those bodies.

I have not, unfortunately, spent a lot of time with the spirits on the Triumvirate, so I cannot speak directly about its efficiency in connection. I can only say that the one spirit that I interacted with this weekend surprised me with the ease of connection. So either it was all her due to the specifics I requested in the order or the Triumvirate makes it easier for her and I, or possibly both.

You can read more about the Triumvirate binding here if you haven't found it yet: https://shop.creepyhollows.com/TRIUMVIR ... CTORS.html

Lastly, the Triumvirate was placed an a snake and skull sterling ring for me. So it's just badass. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Spirit Keeping”