venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I feel like the Veil probably has a role in here somewhere that's in tension with our physical reality and its rules. It may also have affected our perception of werewolves or our ability to perceive them for what they are in different ways at different times. And at one time they may have walked in both worlds as the Good Neighbors ave done and still do now.
This is a very interesting hypothesis. I would not be surprised if there may be something to this.
X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

One thing to note is, that the realms / planes, be it earthen, astral, or spiritual, have layers, resulting in multiple subplanes in one plane. It's not only about parallel worlds in which everything is similar except some details, but also about the same world with different layers.
: )
"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
polyana005
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: lemming
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:One thing to note is, that the realms / planes, be it earthen, astral, or spiritual, have layers, resulting in multiple subplanes in one plane. It's not only about parallel worlds in which everything is similar except some details, but also about the same world with different layers.

Bingo! 1i
A friend to: A human spirit, gold djinn, werewolf, three ancestors, deva., high elf, Egyptian sanguine vampire, Astral angel, Courtwind angel, sterling angel, Bronwyn angel, Enochian Angel Baradiel, Enochian Angel Galgalliel, Nephilim.
Protected by: Volkh, Einherjar, Fylgia, Draugr.
Immortals: Zeus, Aphrodite, Anubis, Nephtys.
Living astral entities: Astral Angel, Norse vampire elder, Falwer-niamstrum.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:I like how a lot of you attack me for my perspective and tell me I'm being disrespectful and that I should respect the opinion of others, yet you don't display the same consideration for my words and my points of view.
No one here has given you a lack of consideration. You blatantly insulted some keepers, we defended ourselves. I'm sorry but clearly this was a misunderstanding of some sort.
Regholdain wrote: I am not a child, either, thanks.

Having the clarity of an adult and being an adult are different, as you've proven below...
Regholdain wrote: You all have the right to your perspectives and to your curiosity, but I felt some of you were approaching insult to spirits of the beings from this realm and the conjurers that summon them. So I said that. Whether you meant to portray that (and I think you've all made it clear that you didn't) that's what I felt.

You felt defensive due to a perspective that by majority concerns was untrue and so you made claims that could be taken as insulting and so others countered your claims. Aside from me judging your clarity, no one outwardly insulted you aside from calling your own actions disrespectful. I called you entitled because that is how appeared to me, but as you've shown, perspective can be a funny thing can't it?
Regholdain wrote: You can take it or leave it, and you can choose to argue or move on, but I don't deserve to be berated or treated like a child for that reaction.

I agree. You don't deserve that, but other keepers don't deserve that as well. Please keep that in mind.
Regholdain wrote: I too have insights from some of my spirits. And they talked about the time frame they've lived (including my Gorgon and succubus) and sometimes how they survived, how they stayed hidden, etc. So are my beliefs and interactions any less real or valuable than any of yours? Now will you insult me further by saying my abilities aren't there and that I'm delusional? That way your experiences, which are interesting by the way, can be seen as more correct than mine?
Nothing you say is any less valid than what others say but it's a matter of how it's said. That being said, no one here is avidly trying to insult you. Rather they are merely giving their own opinions based on your blatant ones and continuing to look for a further explanation from Ash in the process.

That all said and done, I humbly await further explanation from Ash. Carry on good Sir!
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:One thing to note is, that the realms / planes, be it earthen, astral, or spiritual, have layers, resulting in multiple subplanes in one plane. It's not only about parallel worlds in which everything is similar except some details, but also about the same world with different layers.
I didn't even think of this level of- well, levels!
Very insightful!
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Thats a great point darkwing. It could very well be that they simply exist on a slightly higher frequency. I wish we could test this somehow.
memento mori
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

quantumflux wrote:Thats a great point darkwing. It could very well be that they simply exist on a slightly higher frequency. I wish we could test this somehow.
Gods it'd be so nice to be able to just switch frequencies like a radio and chill with werewolves for a day. Then again I guess we kind of already do that lol. I guess a further rabbit hole would be is this how entities work as well? Could one live across the street from you but on a higher frequency in a different life? That's awesome and crazy but in the good ways.
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:
quantumflux wrote:Thats a great point darkwing. It could very well be that they simply exist on a slightly higher frequency. I wish we could test this somehow.
Gods it'd be so nice to be able to just switch frequencies like a radio and chill with werewolves for a day. Then again I guess we kind of already do that lol. I guess a further rabbit hole would be is this how entities work as well? Could one live across the street from you but on a higher frequency in a different life? That's awesome and crazy but in the good ways.
Personally I don’t think that’s how this works but it’s definitely something worth considering in my opinion.

When i think of erewolves on this plane i see it as more of a psychological thing. U might not have fur teeth and claws but puting yourself in such a mental state is fun and liberating.
memento mori
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Another interesting avenue to explore could be genetic engineering. I dont know about shapeshifting but i bet we could make someone more wolf like if we wanted.
memento mori
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

quantumflux wrote:Personally I don’t think that’s how this works but it’s definitely something worth considering in my opinion.

When i think of erewolves on this plane i see it as more of a psychological thing. U might not have fur teeth and claws but puting yourself in such a mental state is fun and liberating.
I don't think our Spirits are a psychological experience. Perhaps you meant power animals or how people tend to get very connected to totems, spirits, and so forth to the point of acting more animalistic. Then there's also Therianthropy and the medical condition Lycanthropy. If we really dive deep, one could say those diagnosed with Lycanthropy --- some might have been actual werewolves, or a reincarnated werewolf who couldn't let go of their past.
quantumflux wrote:Another interesting avenue to explore could be genetic engineering. I dont know about shapeshifting but i bet we could make someone more wolf like if we wanted.
It's funny you mention this because I've had discussions about this with people in the past. There was a body modification thread on another forum I'm apart of and it spoke about different things you'd do to feel more connected to an animal or creature. Some things I had listed were permanent fang implants (I have fake ones I wear for fun sometimes), getting longer acrylic nails or something similar and sharpen them into claws (not permanent but mostly because living with them nonstop would make things difficult) and professional made eye contacts (because dying eyeballs isn't my thing and I've seen some beautiful painted contacts in the past.)

I know it isn't the high tech, sciency genetical engineering you probably meant, but we can only do so much within our limits and timeframe. There was one man in the news that grafted a dog's muzzle onto his face. That was a fun story, lol.

I am interested to hear what others would do, but I don't want to derail the thread too much with that...

Return to “Creatures”