Werewolves. Which Realm or plane?

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Oh I wasnt referring to spirits when I said that. I was referring to a living person practicing lycanthropy being psychological. I dont remember exactly where i got the idea though.

Stupid question, how do you quote multiple posts like that?

memento mori
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

quantumflux wrote:Oh I wasnt referring to spirits when I said that. I was referring to a living person practicing lycanthropy being psychological. I dont remember exactly where i got the idea though.

Stupid question, how do you quote multiple posts like that?
I click quote on the first post I want to quote, copy it, then go back and click quote on the second post and write both my responses accordingly. Sometimes I'm lazy or it's a thread where I don't care about clutter (ie. my recent vent thread praising sellers and admonishing my lack of will) and don't wanna bother, other times I don't want to clutter the thread if what I have to say is long or if the thread itself is more serious.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

In response to my inquiry about my own werewolf spirit from an order months back, the support team at CH said, "Any werewolf from CH is the spirit of a werewolf from the Earthern Realm." They further linked the Encyclopedia Article for "Were is the Word", https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... t=werewolf

Take that as you will.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:In response to my inquiry about my own werewolf spirit from an order months back, the support team at CH said, "Any werewolf from CH is the spirit of a werewolf from the Earthern Realm." They further linked the Encyclopedia Article for "Were is the Word", https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... t=werewolf

Take that as you will.
Alright so from this I can gather that they believe Werewolves come from the earthen realm due to ancient texts and differing uses of language which could mean a few things, and that they're half human, which...was kind of obvious to most. Yet being half human does not equate to being able to physically transform on the earth we currently reside in, and so it doesn't answer the questions for clarity above. Overall I feel this article doesn't provide more than what was provided in previous posts.

That all said, I'm still waiting on my more current and detailed HD ticket about this topic. I may or may not send another...perhaps it was lost. They're usually very good at responding within hours if not a few days.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I suspect from reading across the threads, this seems as complete an explanation as we are likely going to get officially: There’s a lot of vague and conflicting information throughout history and across cultures, and CH can’t necessarily speak to every bit of it. They seem clear that shifting can be different across different species and is often much more subtle than we picture it. There may be a magical ritual component to achieving shifting that isn’t just automatic for individual shifters. And the lore of transmission by bite is uncertain in origin and not necessarily endorsed by CH which does explicitly consider werewolves at least to be separate species with a separate, lupine origin rather than a permutation of humanity.

It’s possible they have some things they might add to or clarify about all this, but I don’t expect extensive new information or clarification since they have participated in a number of threads on the subject over the course of the forum’s history and haven’t gotten much clearer than this. And that’s okay. That just may be all that can reasonably be said about it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they drop by though because I am willing to bet Ishvala’s isn’t the only ticket about the question in this thread.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I suspect from reading across the threads, this seems as complete an explanation as we are likely going to get officially: There’s a lot of vague and conflicting information throughout history and across cultures, and CH can’t necessarily speak to every bit of it. They seem clear that shifting can be different across different species and is often much more subtle than we picture it. There may be a magical ritual component to achieving shifting that isn’t just automatic for individual shifters. And the lore of transmission by bite is uncertain in origin and not necessarily endorsed by CH which does explicitly consider werewolves at least to be separate species with a separate, lupine origin rather than a permutation of humanity.

It’s possible they have some things they might add to or clarify about all this, but I don’t expect extensive new information or clarification since they have participated in a number of threads on the subject over the course of the forum’s history and haven’t gotten much clearer than this. And that’s okay. That just may be all that can reasonably be said about it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they drop by though because I am willing to bet Ishvala’s isn’t the only ticket about the question in this thread.
Well, at the very least your response offered a sense of clarity that was neither overly glorified or too subtle so I'm happy with what was quoted via admins, generally speaking. If one of them pops in to clarify more that's great but at the very least this gives much more breathing room - - - so to speak - - - than before. Which I'm thankful for. Wish I'd found the thread that was from, if it was from another thread. It would have saved me a bit of confusion.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Its something im going to need to see and experience before accepting it as truth. I cant just take there word for it. Its just not my style to. Its still a cool idea though.

I have never heard of werwolves being able to change people with a bite. I have heard of werwolves who take the form of a wolf by using a magickal wolf hide or a belt made of wolf hide or other things like that.

Never heard of black magick that can change soneone though i do know of some rituals that can do it.

memento mori
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

quantumflux wrote:Its something im going to need to see and experience before accepting it as truth. I cant just take there word for it. Its just not my style to. Its still a cool idea though.

I have never heard of werwolves being able to change people with a bite. I have heard of werwolves who take the form of a wolf by using a magickal wolf hide or a belt made of wolf hide or other things like that.

Never heard of black magick that can change soneone though i do know of some rituals that can do it.
Honestly at the end of the day it comes down to personal belief and personal experience while still remaining level headed subjectively speaking. So it's not a matter of accepting everything someone says as fact, rather, accepting others have a differing view.

You think I believe people can become blood suckling transforming bat wolf demons with a Spell? I'd hope not. Especially since thats an exaggerated and clearly sarcastic example. Even so, I don't necessarily disregard others beliefs or fault them for it. There are people who've seen and experienced much more than me, and there are those that have seen and experienced much less. If I can't fully believe someone else's belief I draw my own conclusions and hope to experience or understand what they have until then. If anything, I'd be able to learn something by keeping an open mind while having grains of salt nearby for logical reasoning. That's all we can do at the end of the day right?

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote: Wish I'd found the thread that was from, if it was from another thread. It would have saved me a bit of confusion.
If you go back to the post link I dropped on page two of this thread, that post contains several other links, two of which are threads that contain Ash posts on the subject. They are not particularly clear or systematic reads in the style of an encyclopedia article, but if you combine them, harmonize them and sift them down critically some of that is in there explicitly and some can be inferred.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

A post from quantum linking to the “were is the word” article has disappeared from my view. I checked the date on that and compared it with that on the other posts The post where Ash says they are not “half-human” is from 2010 and the were article is from 2011. Additionally, there is some possibly conflicting information within the 2010 post that could benefit from clarification. Because at one point he says half human has nothing to do with shifters, at another suggests a completely different species and origin and at another says they are just another race
Last edited by Alys-RaccoonReadings on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Creatures”