Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:
Ishvala wrote: Wish I'd found the thread that was from, if it was from another thread. It would have saved me a bit of confusion.
If you go back to the post link I dropped on page two of this thread, that post contains several other links, two of which are threads that contain Ash posts on the subject. They are not particularly clear or systematic reads in the style of an encyclopedia article, but if you combine them, harmonize them and sift them down critically some of that is in there explicitly and some can be inferred.
As usual you're a hero Alys.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:
As usual you're a hero Alys.
lol thanks XD I had the internet pee itself over a another post on page five that I had to fix so you may want to go back and read that too.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:A post from quantum linking to the “were is the word” article has disappeared from my view. I checked the date on that and compared it with that on the other posts The post where Ash says they are not “half-human” is from 2010 and the were article is from 2011. Additionally, there is some possibly conflicting information within the 2010 post that could benefit from clarification. Because at one point he says half human has nothing to do with shifters, at another suggests a completely different species and origin and at another says they are just another race
And now my head hurts all over again...

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:
quantumflux wrote:Its something im going to need to see and experience before accepting it as truth. I cant just take there word for it. Its just not my style to. Its still a cool idea though.

I have never heard of werwolves being able to change people with a bite. I have heard of werwolves who take the form of a wolf by using a magickal wolf hide or a belt made of wolf hide or other things like that.

Never heard of black magick that can change soneone though i do know of some rituals that can do it.
Honestly at the end of the day it comes down to personal belief and personal experience while still remaining level headed subjectively speaking. So it's not a matter of accepting everything someone says as fact, rather, accepting others have a differing view.

You think I believe people can become blood suckling transforming bat wolf demons with a Spell? I'd hope not. Especially since thats an exaggerated and clearly sarcastic example. Even so, I don't necessarily disregard others beliefs or fault them for it. There are people who've seen and experienced much more than me, and there are those that have seen and experienced much less. If I can't fully believe someone else's belief I draw my own conclusions and hope to experience or understand what they have until then. If anything, I'd be able to learn something by keeping an open mind while having grains of salt nearby for logical reasoning. That's all we can do at the end of the day right?
Your right!! But still i get the feeling that the information is suposed to be taken at face value because of its wording. Just my openion i guess.

memento mori
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:A post from quantum linking to the “were is the word” article has disappeared from my view. I checked the date on that and compared it with that on the other posts The post where Ash says they are not “half-human” is from 2010 and the were article is from 2011. Additionally, there is some possibly conflicting information within the 2010 post that could benefit from clarification. Because at one point he says half human has nothing to do with shifters, at another suggests a completely different species and origin and at another says they are just another race
Quantum?

memento mori
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

You. Quantumflux. But I may have misread the post. I was multitasking. At any rate, one minute it was there and the next I didn't see it.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Was gunna say. I dont remember posting a link.

memento mori
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

quantumflux wrote: Your right!! But still i get the feeling that the information is suposed to be taken at face value because of its wording. Just my openion i guess.
Ehhhhhh...some people have a hard time understanding tone via text. I've spoken with people online who assumed I was being malicious and then had a video chat with them and according to them I sounded completely different despite still being as upfront and on topic as I was in the thread, chat, etc.

The reverse has also happened. I've seen members or admins of a forum come at me in a discussion in a seemingly entitled or aggressive way and when pulling them aside asking about it they seemingly were unaware of the approach 90% of the time.

I'm not saying it's like that every time, and obviously there are some people that'll back up whatever they did by saying it was a misunderstanding or a mistake, but usually you can tell the difference between someone who genuinely does that and someone who just goes right back to the behavior after speaking with you.

Heck, if you want a home base example I had this problem with a member on here and we talked it out and shiz was good. Next thing you know we're cracking jokes and wishing each other a goodnight.

At the end of the day, people are going to feel how they feel and those feelings will definitely be amplified by how the other person speaks and addresses them. The important thing to remember is that you choose how to handle it, and how you handle it determines the likelyhood of them addressing you better. Whether or not they're aware of what they're doing to begin with.

Then there's some who'll address you better purely because you had the guts to pull em aside and politely address it, and the ones that take offense and treat people worse.

Really, it's a gamble.
And I'm ranting now.
Whoops.

Point is, I agree, but try and look at it as nonbiased as possible and take it for what it is instead of what it sounds like; someone's opinion based on personal experience.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Wow the quote function is buging out for me lol

Ur dropin some truth bombs :)

memento mori
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

quantumflux wrote:Wow the quote function is buging out for me lol

Ur dropin some truth bombs :)
Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread lol.

Return to “Creatures”