venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I do agree living entities and even spirits from other practitioners could still be a question of origin. Beyond CH the source is even less clear, and with CH it is a bit muddled although I don't think it's necessarily that unclear.

I also think it's more likely that a living entity WW would be from the Astral than the Earthen, if only because they may be far rarer on Earth (or even extinct). (I also don't think I've seen a binding for a living entity from the Earthen, so I'm not even sure that is possible.) Again, something to vet out, and I agree that at some point that might be a very interesting area to explore - that is, the difference between a WW spirit and WW living entity.

I am curious, though: How would communication be clearer with a living entity from the astral than a spirit? Both still require using an ability to communicate, and it's not the same in my mind since the entity is in the astral and the spirit is in the spiritual. (Although, as an aside, I suppose both would bring themselves into the Earthen for the interaction, but I'm not sure of that.)

Is this just something easier for some of you? I find my communication with my concuan, for example, to need about the same level of effort as my communication with spirits (albeit some spirits are much more difficult to connect with than the concuan, but I think that's an energy-related issue).

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I don’t have any companions who are classified as entities, but I imagine it would be marginally more difficult because sometimes they won’t be picking up the phone because busy living their own lives.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

quantumflux wrote:Im tempted to get a living entity WW myself. I think it would be cool to have another WW and i would like to see for my self if there is a difference between spirits and living entities as far as interactions go. If i end up getting one ill ask some questions and compare the answers to my WW spirit.
Yeah I've heard such conflicting claims of Spirits vs Entities. Obviously both have their appeals and both would have different views on certain concepts given their current perspectives on the matter, but I am also curious about the actual feeling of them. I'd value both equally of course, but curiosity is curiosity. That said, having a WW sounds like fun either way. I wonder if they'd get along with other wolfish spirits in my keep...

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I don’t have any companions who are classified as entities, but I imagine it would be marginally more difficult because sometimes they won’t be picking up the phone because busy living their own lives.
This is also true, and a difficult adjustment for me. I have to resist the thought that I am ignored or not actually communicating. LOL That, and just accepting that they are not always around. Spirits tend to be there in a flash, all the time. Not so much on the living entity side of the fence, but that's the nature of it.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:
Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I don’t have any companions who are classified as entities, but I imagine it would be marginally more difficult because sometimes they won’t be picking up the phone because busy living their own lives.
This is also true, and a difficult adjustment for me. I have to resist the thought that I am ignored or not actually communicating. LOL That, and just accepting that they are not always around. Spirits tend to be there in a flash, all the time. Not so much on the living entity side of the fence, but that's the nature of it.
I'd probably find myself drifting apart from entity bindings unless they were omnipotent or something where that issue wouldn't be much of an issue due to well, being able to be everywhere lol. That's also why I made sure my first Spirit would have omnipotence too. I was anxious about ignoring her, not being able to communicate, her not being around, etc etc etc

In short: I'm an anxious bean and most entities might get sick of me lol

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Ishvala wrote:Yeah I've heard such conflicting claims of Spirits vs Entities. Obviously both have their appeals and both would have different views on certain concepts given their current perspectives on the matter, but I am also curious about the actual feeling of them. I'd value both equally of course, but curiosity is curiosity. That said, having a WW sounds like fun either way. I wonder if they'd get along with other wolfish spirits in my keep...
I think you will find that the experience between spirits and living entities depends greatly on the keeper's abilities. I've found interactions with my Concuan to be a bit more "real" (I have no better way to describe it), or perhaps "present", than my spirits. Those words really don't quite convey it, though. It's just different and somehow of a higher intensity. Maybe it's just the difference between the spiritual and the astral.

That said, many living entity keepers have reported the opposite. Many have far more difficulties than their work with spirits. Is that because of the nature of the living entity? Or the keeper's energy and ability? Or just an issue with living entities conjured from CH? All may be a factor.

No matter what it is an interesting exploration as an extension of being a keeper and I think a great way to further our growth and evolution beyond this realm.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Ishvala wrote:I'd probably find myself drifting apart from entity bindings unless they were omnipotent or something where that issue wouldn't be much of an issue due to well, being able to be everywhere lol. That's also why I made sure my first Spirit would have omnipotence too. I was anxious about ignoring her, not being able to communicate, her not being around, etc etc etc

In short: I'm an anxious bean and most entities might get sick of me lol
LOL This is why I chose a Concuan, as they are said to sometimes stick around their keepers and not really "go home" much. :P Well, other than the obvious fun.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Well my hypothesis is that its subjective. I view spirits and astral beings as the same thing. For me not all spirits are spirits of the dead. As such im willing to bet that that is what i will manifest with a living entity binding.

It might be some time before i do this though because i want one of huffs orbs :)

memento mori
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

quantumflux wrote:Well my hypothesis is that its subjective. I view spirits and astral beings as the same thing. For me not all spirits are spirits of the dead. As such im willing to bet that that is what i will manifest with a living entity binding.

It might be some time before i do this though because i want one of huffs orbs :)
Not to derail, but I've been watching that orb thread for a long time and been very curious about them. Not sure what I'd do with one yet given my limited abilities at this point, but I very much like the energy work that I see from them.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

quantumflux wrote:Well my hypothesis is that its subjective. I view spirits and astral beings as the same thing. For me not all spirits are spirits of the dead. As such im willing to bet that that is what i will manifest with a living entity binding.

Subjectivity, I'm certain, has an absolute effect. I can't agree as for spirits and astral beings being the same, but that's because I see a spirit as the transformed dead and I see them as going to the spiritual realm, which in my few is not the same as becoming an astral being and not the same as the astral realm.

But that's just perspective and other logic shenanigans. (I also feel that we interact with each using different abilities connected through our respective bodies - astral or spiritual. That doesn't really count the gifts in our physical form though.)

And this probably adds further layer to the WW debate and interactions. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Return to “Creatures”