Werewolves. Which Realm or plane?

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Thats why i brought it up. If topics like this are subjective so could werwolves be subjective to an extent. Im sure it will be an interesting experement. And alot of fun to have two werwolves around.

memento mori
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:That said, many living entity keepers have reported the opposite. Many have far more difficulties than their work with spirits. Is that because of the nature of the living entity? Or the keeper's energy and ability? Or just an issue with living entities conjured from CH? All may be a factor.
Wish there was a survey one some sort to have a better idea of which factors might be at fault.
Regholdain wrote:LOL This is why I chose a Concuan, as they are said to sometimes stick around their keepers and not really "go home" much. :P Well, other than the obvious fun.
A Concuan huh? I'll keep it in mind. I've been eyeing the Averka entities on the CH shop for awhile now. But this one might be a good one to start with to get a feed for an Entity's energy versus a Spirit's.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

quantumflux wrote:Thats why i brought it up. If topics like this are subjective so could werwolves be subjective to an extent. Im sure it will be an interesting experement. And alot of fun to have two werwolves around.
Fun and useful. I've heard their one of the best protector's around!

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Sorry for necroing, but I happened across this thread while looking for something I haven't found. Funny how that seems to happen a lot here...

So shifting on the earthen plane in general seems to be the questioned bit. I wouldnt necessarily call this insight. More like, food for thought.

Lycanthropy in and of itself is a highly debated topic everywhere you look. Even in the psychosis of lycanthropy, people who believe themselves to be werebeasts, they often exhibit heightened senses and far more strength than they should be able to possess.

One of the oldest and actually the most common, was the werefrog. Its superb hearing and near 360° vision was quite useful for "witches" to spy on others.

Moving forward. I became obsessed with this in my 20s. At that time I was still with the mother of my oldest, before he was born. We were of like minds and after many hours of discussion with her, she mentioned that the possibility may not be entirely mystical. Something clicked there. I had been doing some reading about infinite realms not too long before and kinda went to sleep to study on it.

Theres some readings that suggest that if indeed there is an infinite number of realms, then logic dictates that one must exist where all things are possible. The practitioner just needs to be able to discern which realm has his desired possibility, pierce the membrane, and pull said possibility into this realm of existence.

Then I went back to some of my books on transcendentalism... sure enough, one or 2 talked about the realm of infinite possibilities. So in this case, no one can really say that anything is impossible.

I was never successful in shifting. The best I could do was trick my body into thinking it was in a different position than it was. As in if I were sitting down, I could make my body feel as if it were lying down. And that wasnt easy at all.

I'm gonna submit this before it gets too long. I'll continue the tirade and sharing if others are interested and if this post is approved

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Moving forward

Nearly all natives of the americas would wear the skins of animals so that the would be imbued with their abilities. Jaguar, wolf, bear, serpent, eagle, buffalo are just a few of the apparently common. The continent of Africa was the same with the lion, cheetah, hyena and various others.

These warriors were ferocious and were known to be vicious in combat. Belief, no matter what you believe, is a very powerful thing. But staying on topic, this in itself is a type of lycanthropy. Not adopting the physical characteristics of the beast invoked, but the innate abilities of the beast.

I believe that logic and magick can go hand in hand, and it's very likely that they compliment each other quite nicely. But it's like Kevin Smith wrote in Dogma (christ rock's character) "I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier..."

I'm just saying that anything is possible.

And further elaboration. It's said that with civilization and industry, we as humans have lost our abilities as hunters. Senses are dulled. I feel that this can be confirmed even now. Smartphones for example, have turned people into zombies. They barely see anything around them. How in the name of all that is unholy and evil, is someone with their nose in a smartphone gonna see anything outside of the realm of "normalcy"? They cant even see themselves walking into traffic or driving over kids walking to the school bus (I've seen more articles about this in my news feeds than I care to think about)
We are not the aware beings we once were. Our physical strength as a whole has diminished. Our awareness of our surroundings has diminished. We used to see these things all the time. Now not so much. They are still recorded and reported though, in less developed nations and communities. Last time I was in Papua new Guinea, I got up close and personal with some tribals. And they warned me who and where to stay away from. Who was a witch. Who was a lover of the devil. This woman transformed into a snake. They are cannibals of necessity because they "believe" that eating the body of an evil person was the only way prevent their spirit from exacting revenge.

In short, lycanthropes of all types are out there. You just gotta know how to look for them.

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Kvedulf133
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

polyana005 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:30 pm
denanna123 wrote:Totally depends, from what I understand. There are some werewolf Spirits who originated here in our realm and others who come from the Astral realm (and there are some, like one of my own companions, who are still living Entities in the Astral realm).
All right, so let's have a look at the werewolves, that originated here in our Realm. So. Does it mean that they can be among us? Living werewolves? Seriously?
OH yeah. I have a friend of kitsune heritage who shifts better than most the wolves in my pack haha.

Kvedulf133
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

InfernalNachos wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:06 pm Moving forward

Nearly all natives of the americas would wear the skins of animals so that the would be imbued with their abilities. Jaguar, wolf, bear, serpent, eagle, buffalo are just a few of the apparently common. The continent of Africa was the same with the lion, cheetah, hyena and various others.

These warriors were ferocious and were known to be vicious in combat. Belief, no matter what you believe, is a very powerful thing. But staying on topic, this in itself is a type of lycanthropy. Not adopting the physical characteristics of the beast invoked, but the innate abilities of the beast.

I believe that logic and magick can go hand in hand, and it's very likely that they compliment each other quite nicely. But it's like Kevin Smith wrote in Dogma (christ rock's character) "I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier..."

I'm just saying that anything is possible.

And further elaboration. It's said that with civilization and industry, we as humans have lost our abilities as hunters. Senses are dulled. I feel that this can be confirmed even now. Smartphones for example, have turned people into zombies. They barely see anything around them. How in the name of all that is unholy and evil, is someone with their nose in a smartphone gonna see anything outside of the realm of "normalcy"? They cant even see themselves walking into traffic or driving over kids walking to the school bus (I've seen more articles about this in my news feeds than I care to think about)
We are not the aware beings we once were. Our physical strength as a whole has diminished. Our awareness of our surroundings has diminished. We used to see these things all the time. Now not so much. They are still recorded and reported though, in less developed nations and communities. Last time I was in Papua new Guinea, I got up close and personal with some tribals. And they warned me who and where to stay away from. Who was a witch. Who was a lover of the devil. This woman transformed into a snake. They are cannibals of necessity because they "believe" that eating the body of an evil person was the only way prevent their spirit from exacting revenge.

In short, lycanthropes of all types are out there. You just gotta know how to look for them.
If you believe in the wearing of pelts do you believe in the eating of hair from another werewolf or were shifter? Or even better yet drinking moon water touched by a were creature?

Return to “Creatures”