Fostering Abandoned Spirits

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote: Can one "rescue" a thrown away Spirit and unbind it from afar? I hope that it isn't bound to a vessel in a trash pile somewhere...
This depends on the binding and the conjurer.
Regholdain wrote: I thought I saw Inedible mention "temporarily" having a spirit with him for 30 days to try it out.
For trying it out, I believe DIY conjuration is a better choice, considering the rescue adoption is not suitable for those still trying.
Ellie44 wrote:I would imagine they have many they are fostering in a sense until they adopt them out? They'd be your best bet I think.
I think it is like that : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Ellie44 wrote:I would imagine they have many they are fostering in a sense until they adopt them out? They'd be your best bet I think. I could never foster animals or spirits. I'd end wanting to keep them all because I wouldn't want them to ever be sad again... unrealistic but I'm sure my husband is grateful I know my limits lol
I fostered animals for awhile. Seeing them go to good homes was painful, but equally rewarding. Makes you feel like you're saving lives.

Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Ishvala wrote:
Ellie44 wrote:I would imagine they have many they are fostering in a sense until they adopt them out? They'd be your best bet I think. I could never foster animals or spirits. I'd end wanting to keep them all because I wouldn't want them to ever be sad again... unrealistic but I'm sure my husband is grateful I know my limits lol
I fostered animals for awhile. Seeing them go to good homes was painful, but equally rewarding. Makes you feel like you're saving lives.
We have a purebred Shepherd that our friends bred and couldn't find a taker so we paid a very low price when she was a baby because she was passed over by 3 families and even returned by one of them because she was too dark. I was so sad for her so we took her Insanely ridiculous what the heck does it matter what color she is?! She ended up being traditional tan and black so jokes on them all. Anyway, everyone kept saying we should breed her. I refused due to I couldn't handle seeing her be a mom and having to part with her babies and there's so many puppies that need a home already. I don't know if I could do fostering. Hats off to you because that is a great thing you did for them! One thing I need to start working on is my soft heart, it is too soft sometimes lol.

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:As someone who's fostered animals in the past (mostly Stray cats and dogs) I recently thought about the Spirits who are given up (some unfairly so) due to keepers being unhappy with them, expecting too much from them, or just downright disrespecting them to the point of them needing a new place to go.

Whatever the case may be, I'd imagine they'd want a better experience with keepers that will appreciate their presence. At least until they want to be with a specific person. I figured this would be something that might help Spirits open up to bonding and Companionship with humans again after a bad experience.

While thinking of this, I wondered if it was already something some sellers did. As in, I know a lot of sellers vet and keep spirits around them (and appreciate them) until they find a Keeper. However, I figured a more one on one experience with a temporary keeper might be useful in its own ways...but obviously correct me if I'm wrong.

Got any opinions?
Is this indeed already a thing?
It is indeed a thing among some of us sellers. I can't speak for the broad range, but I certainly say that I have welcomed many into my own home after their Keeper decided they no longer wanted them (for whatever reason) to a Keeper passing on due to old age. It can be incredibly heart breaking, though some spirits do know that when they go to their Keeper, eventually something may happen and they end up being rehomed. A lot do not enter into companionship unaware of the person they are going to.

I recently rehomed a small group that had once belonged to an older gentleman that passed. His son picked and chose who wanted and then sent the remainder to a seller I used to frequent. I then purchased them and brought them into my home because I felt bad that the son just wanted nothing to do with them. They came to me in 2009-2010. It took 9-10 years to find them their forever home where they would be happy and forever loved. I offer my home to spirits as a Safe Haven. Some come to interact with my spirit family and others come to hang out until its time for them to find their new forever homes.

I've actually gained some of my greatest spirit companions through other Keepers being too afraid of them (very dark Djinn and an Alpha black dragon to name a few). One thing to remember, we are generally sad for these amazing beings when they are no longer wanted, but a lot aren't necessarily sad, hurt, angered, by being "abandoned." Some knew that this was coming when they went to their Keeper in the beginning. Their perception of the situation is a great deal different then our own human emotions.

What generally bothers me about such things is people asking for large sums of money for them. Anyone offered on my site that I am looking to rehome (especially from the older gent's Keep), goes for $5.00 each. The point is to put them in good, loving homes, not make a killing off their sales.

Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Nanami wrote:
Ishvala wrote:As someone who's fostered animals in the past (mostly Stray cats and dogs) I recently thought about the Spirits who are given up (some unfairly so) due to keepers being unhappy with them, expecting too much from them, or just downright disrespecting them to the point of them needing a new place to go.

Whatever the case may be, I'd imagine they'd want a better experience with keepers that will appreciate their presence. At least until they want to be with a specific person. I figured this would be something that might help Spirits open up to bonding and Companionship with humans again after a bad experience.

While thinking of this, I wondered if it was already something some sellers did. As in, I know a lot of sellers vet and keep spirits around them (and appreciate them) until they find a Keeper. However, I figured a more one on one experience with a temporary keeper might be useful in its own ways...but obviously correct me if I'm wrong.

Got any opinions?
Is this indeed already a thing?
It is indeed a thing among some of us sellers. I can't speak for the broad range, but I certainly say that I have welcomed many into my own home after their Keeper decided they no longer wanted them (for whatever reason) to a Keeper passing on due to old age. It can be incredibly heart breaking, though some spirits do know that when they go to their Keeper, eventually something may happen and they end up being rehomed. A lot do not enter into companionship unaware of the person they are going to.

I recently rehomed a small group that had once belonged to an older gentleman that passed. His son picked and chose who wanted and then sent the remainder to a seller I used to frequent. I then purchased them and brought them into my home because I felt bad that the son just wanted nothing to do with them. They came to me in 2009-2010. It took 9-10 years to find them their forever home where they would be happy and forever loved. I offer my home to spirits as a Safe Haven. Some come to interact with my spirit family and others come to hang out until its time for them to find their new forever homes.

I've actually gained some of my greatest spirit companions through other Keepers being too afraid of them (very dark Djinn and an Alpha black dragon to name a few). One thing to remember, we are generally sad for these amazing beings when they are no longer wanted, but a lot aren't necessarily sad, hurt, angered, by being "abandoned." Some knew that this was coming when they went to their Keeper in the beginning. Their perception of the situation is a great deal different then our own human emotions.

What generally bothers me about such things is people asking for large sums of money for them. Anyone offered on my site that I am looking to rehome (especially from the older gent's Keep), goes for $5.00 each. The point is to put them in good, loving homes, not make a killing off their sales.
I have adopted some from Sophi and can say they were very loved with her. <3

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ellie44 wrote:I have adopted some from Sophi and can say they were very loved with her. <3
If I could hug the stuffing out of them, I truly would.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Nanami wrote:One thing to remember, we are generally sad for these amazing beings when they are no longer wanted, but a lot aren't necessarily sad, hurt, angered, by being "abandoned." Some knew that this was coming when they went to their Keeper in the beginning. Their perception of the situation is a great deal different then our own human emotions.

You're right. I tend to humanize Spirits a lot of the time due in some part to a sense of empathy and while I'm sure my Keep sees my intentions I'm also sure it can be seen as demeaning by others. I'm trying hard to work on that.
Nanami wrote: What generally bothers me about such things is people asking for large sums of money for them. Anyone offered on my site that I am looking to rehome (especially from the older gent's Keep), goes for $5.00 each. The point is to put them in good, loving homes, not make a killing off their sales.
I agree with this for the most part. The only time I might raise the price slightly is when the Spirit is very DA or BA. Because a BA Spirit being close to the same price as three chocolate bars seems too easy for an inexperienced kid to get their hands on and I'd be afraid of that happening. Granted, the Spirit could always communicate to the Seller their feelings on that sort of situation but...eh...I'd personally try to avoid it. That's just me though. I'm pretty inexperienced myself and I'm not a seller so my opinion on that sort of thing doesn't count for much lol.

Oh also side note, never got to say this to you but your signature is awesome.

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:I agree with this for the most part. The only time I might raise the price slightly is when the Spirit is very DA or BA. Because a BA Spirit being close to the same price as three chocolate bars seems too easy for an inexperienced kid to get their hands on and I'd be afraid of that happening. Granted, the Spirit could always communicate to the Seller their feelings on that sort of situation but...eh...I'd personally try to avoid it. That's just me though. I'm pretty inexperienced myself and I'm not a seller so my opinion on that sort of thing doesn't count for much lol.

Oh also side note, never got to say this to you but your signature is awesome.
Your opinion means a great deal. Everyone's does. I suppose I should have been a bit more specific about how I sell/rehome spirits to begin with. I very much listen to what the spirit wants. There have been several times I have told someone that a particular spirit doesn't want to go to them that it was more a want on their part, then a calling. In those cases, money was refunded if they purchased directly from the shop, or we worked together to find a companion that wanted to join them. Each and everyone that passes through my shop has their say on where they are going. It would be strictly up to them.

Of course, there are sellers out there that don't really listen to the wishes of the spirits they deal with. It's unfortunate, but it does happen. As a spirit keeper, I've actually had spirits that wanted to be with me, that called through visions, telepathy, etc, and someone who just wanted them (think Pokemon and gotta catch em all), ended up purchasing and the seller didn't listen when the spirit asked them "What are you doing? That's not where I want to be."

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Nanami wrote:Of course, there are sellers out there that don't really listen to the wishes of the spirits they deal with. It's unfortunate, but it does happen. As a spirit keeper, I've actually had spirits that wanted to be with me, that called through visions, telepathy, etc, and someone who just wanted them (think Pokemon and gotta catch em all), ended up purchasing and the seller didn't listen when the spirit asked them "What are you doing? That's not where I want to be."
That's actually very sad to hear...is there no way a Spirit can outright leave someone if they simply do not want to be there? As sad as the thought is I'd rather one of my Spirits went where they wanted to be rather than dealt with me because a seller didn't listen to them properly.

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:That's actually very sad to hear...is there no way a Spirit can outright leave someone if they simply do not want to be there? As sad as the thought is I'd rather one of my Spirits went where they wanted to be rather than dealt with me because a seller didn't listen to them properly.
When it boils down to it, it would all depend on their binding, how strong their conjurer is, does the conjurer actually use a contract during the binding process, and whether they feel an obligation to the Keeper they ended up with. The spirits in question that had wanted to come to me occasionally still visit me, though they do stick with their Keepers. I think for some its a sense of duty to remain where they were sent. I cannot speak for all sellers/conjurers. Everyone's methods are a bit different. Some are rather potent, others are rather wishy-washy and sometimes very thinly set in place.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”