Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

As someone who's fostered animals in the past (mostly Stray cats and dogs) I recently thought about the Spirits who are given up (some unfairly so) due to keepers being unhappy with them, expecting too much from them, or just downright disrespecting them to the point of them needing a new place to go.

Whatever the case may be, I'd imagine they'd want a better experience with keepers that will appreciate their presence. At least until they want to be with a specific person. I figured this would be something that might help Spirits open up to bonding and Companionship with humans again after a bad experience.

While thinking of this, I wondered if it was already something some sellers did. As in, I know a lot of sellers vet and keep spirits around them (and appreciate them) until they find a Keeper. However, I figured a more one on one experience with a temporary keeper might be useful in its own ways...but obviously correct me if I'm wrong.

Got any opinions?
Is this indeed already a thing?

SapphireEyes
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I’ve been wondering about this myself! It breaks my heart to think about spirits going to homes to work with keepers who don’t appreciate them or think they don’t exist and leave the vessel sitting in a drawer somewhere. I think I remember reading a thread on here about someone who just threw the vessel away. :(

I would hope most people would at least give it back to the conjurer or at least find a suitable new keeper. I would be interested to know too if this exists...fostering spirits as a temporary home.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hmmm... I believe CH has a Spirit Rescue Adoption (SRA) program that rehomes rescued spirits. You have to email support to apply to do this I believe. They do some vetting of the keeper from what I understand.

I have seriously considered this, but it's just too early in my journey to take that responsibility.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:Hmmm... I believe CH has a Spirit Rescue Adoption (SRA) program that rehomes rescued spirits. You have to email support to apply to do this I believe. They do some vetting of the keeper from what I understand.

I have seriously considered this, but it's just too early in my journey to take that responsibility.
Yeah I feel the same.
I suppose the only difference would be that I'm not talking about long term keeping or adoptions. I'm talking about giving a Spirit a temporary keeper until they feel the need to move on or someone else wants to buy them. Which isn't adoption, and I would assume that means it wouldn't be related to CH's SRA program.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

SapphireEyes wrote:I think I remember reading a thread on here about someone who just threw the vessel away. :(
Oh my gosh!
Can one "rescue" a thrown away Spirit and unbind it from afar? I hope that it isn't bound to a vessel in a trash pile somewhere...

SapphireEyes
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Zodiac:

I’m not sure but I hope so! It makes me so sad that someone would just throw away the vessel.

Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4

The thought of someone throwing a spirit away is heartbreaking.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Ishvala wrote: Yeah I feel the same.
I suppose the only difference would be that I'm not talking about long term keeping or adoptions. I'm talking about giving a Spirit a temporary keeper until they feel the need to move on or someone else wants to buy them. Which isn't adoption, and I would assume that means it wouldn't be related to CH's SRA program.
That's a very interesting idea. Spirit Fostering perhaps. I thought I saw Inedible mention "temporarily" having a spirit with him for 30 days to try it out. I know that's not the same, but I wonder if CH does something similar when trying to find the SRA spirits a home.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:
Ishvala wrote: Yeah I feel the same.
That's a very interesting idea. Spirit Fostering perhaps. I thought I saw Inedible mention "temporarily" having a spirit with him for 30 days to try it out. I know that's not the same, but I wonder if CH does something similar when trying to find the SRA spirits a home.
Perhaps I'll ask HD about this? I practically harass them daily at this point. I better start saving all my questions for one email a week lol.

Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4

I would imagine they have many they are fostering in a sense until they adopt them out? They'd be your best bet I think. I could never foster animals or spirits. I'd end wanting to keep them all because I wouldn't want them to ever be sad again... unrealistic but I'm sure my husband is grateful I know my limits lol

Return to “Spirit Keeping”