Mystery uncovered behind what happened to the schools of ‘physical magick’?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Bringing back some knowledge from after when I finished dealing with something. It’s a topic I’ve pondered on and tried to manifest knowledge on, before whatever blockages went away after conflict with something inside me was over.

Looking at the findings what would you say separates physical magick from art or other words? Is it due to the qualitative and ‘very specific thing’ focus or something else?

Ok so basically if you go according to the ‘classical’ definition of what defines magick (manifestation of your will). There can be many schools so as to what it’s called. Mental, on the astral or psychological and etc. This would be how we apply it to the ‘physical’ school in theory:

You start off by having the will for something specific to manifest (In this case physical). Then work towards it through whatever means possible you think can manifest the very specific thing (or type of item) you want. Or if by chance you manage to find something that best fits the functions of what you want.

This is probably why occult or magickal orders (e.g. alchemists) who dealt in physical, and worldly magick needed to also do the mental magick process that involves manifesting the knowledge required for it. The natural philosophy or what’s called the ‘science’ today.

Some of that knowledge that was found by authorities most likely had the magickal processes or things in the instructions taken out (Either cause they didn’t want to be labeled hypocrites or for ‘efficiency’). And integrated into an ‘efficient framework’ focused on replicating stuff rather than specific manifestations called ‘science’ with its schools of chemistry, physics etc.

Say back then you were a magickal order that wanted to cast a ‘spell’ to light enemies on fire for a king hiring you as seen in game of thrones with ‘wild fire’ (Inspired the Byzantines). Your order would probably focus on manifesting the knowledge, using whatever processes like the meditations, incantations to hyperfocus or stuff that helps with their ‘search’ on ‘the path’. Thus something like Greek Fire could have been invented this way. The ‘magical spell’ by the magickal orders working for the Byzantine would involve the intent to manifest the result, the secret knowledge that hold both science/occult elements and the ‘casting’ by troops or whoever.

Same case for something like beauty products or wanting to achieve a certain result for healing of sickness, they would try to manifest the knowledge or natural philosophy then once they have the ‘tools’ it would be ‘casted’ to heal of whatever ailment.

Some people respond by saying it was ‘just the science they used’ (not acknowledging the will to manifest and occult processes involved), or saying things like that the magickal orders like the alchemists were scammers out of misunderstanding that this is how their school probably worked? Also it would have been ideal for some physical magick users to try and not be seen as that, but as ‘science users’ by the public to escape persecution.

I saw a recent scenario where a guy who does alchemy managed to find a neglected or possibly lost recipe for something, of which chemists and pharmacists ignored because they didn’t really care for that stuff.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

As for how this is useful, well it’s whenever you want something specific as said. So I guess in where it relates to art as a practice is how you want that one ‘picture’.

If the knowledge is already there then you are in luck, find the right combination or tools that work for you in manifesting it.

Say somebody tries to manifest something according to their will while modding gadgets. They manage to tinker with the tools or stuff to create their own unique combination of something. Which might work awesomely well for themselves but not necessarily others, or it could for others if they find it resonates for many of them.

If they aren’t there then you will have to try to ‘manifest’ the knowledge required for the work. This kinda relates to one saying that ‘knowledge is power’ interestingly.

Does this summary or discovery is theory make sense?

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

That reminds me of a book review I read this weekend. The excerpted quote from Witchbody was “The practice of relating to other beings connects the performance of magical ritual and the performance of daily life. Magic becomes a way of being, not a weekend commitment.” The about section includes, "This book is about objects. It is about how the world pushes back on us, how it shapes our bodies, creates our forms, curates our creations."

You may want to check it out when it comes out. I don't get the sense that it is at all a practical book in the teaching and technique sense; it's more about the interplay among the physical and non-physical that drives our relationship with the world, both seen and unseen.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

When i wAnt something using magick i so the following

I have the idea that i want to burn someone on the mental plane
I create a methoad on the astral plame such as spraying him with gasoline and lighting the match
I then do that in the material plane.

memento mori
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

That being said maybe the portrayal you see or expectations for some ‘magick’ could be a kind of psychological projection involving what people are trying/hoping to manifest that they wish can happen one day. The ability to create things out of almost nothing, get from one place to another in almost an instant or make things happen with little to no tools/effort.

There are possibly realms out there where the laws differ regarding magick and it’s more powerful, easier to do but this realm requires more effort/things to do them. Especially for humans atleast.

Golems or pre-industrial ‘robots’/automatons would be an example of physical magick. The will to manifest something like that? And not limited to the process but involves it.

Voodoo zombies also. You can see they exist but society denies the ‘magickal’ element involved because of its current quantitative viewpoint or ‘consensus reality’?

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

yes to me magick is partly psychological but i think there is an external element as well.

Magick is not so different here as it is on other planes. It just takes time like you stated. Wish i could use force lightning though :)

memento mori
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

quantumflux wrote:yes to me magick is partly psychological but i think there is an external element as well.

Magick is not so different here as it is on other planes. It just takes time like you stated. Wish i could use force lightning though :)
When this society’s understanding of the ‘natural philosophy’ advances enough, possibly one day. Just as it’s now possible to shoot fire with a tiny device called pyro mini fire shooter. But who knows if we could develop beyond that point.

Don’t want to sound silly but to say a short story. I have ‘clues’ inside myself that tell me I may have previously lived in a realm where magick and what you know as ‘the paranormal’ was ‘more powerful’ ranging to ‘physical’ in the effects it could have anyways. It’s also possibly why I was interested in this subject, I wanted to find out why/how this realm is different by learning the dynamics. At first I tried to ‘cast’ the way it worked from that point of view, didn’t work out so I searched for answers maybe but now I know how it works ‘here’ mostly yeah.

The purpose of manifesting knowledge also or finding out the ‘natural philosophy’ of and nature of the fabric of reality behind things is to give you more tools to perform within this type of magick.

Seems I have it covered for physical magick maybe hopefully. But maybe there is more stuff out there to know hopefully too!

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

-These findings could also explain why some realms with more powerful magick don’t appear to progress in what we know as ‘technology’. They realistically don’t need as many tools to make will manifest and have their own natural philosophy as to how to do it.

They would have their own version of this field to ours.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Thats the fun part. So much knowledge and so little time

memento mori
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

We have to also remember that not all ancient writings are complete. By design, sometimes an ingredient or a step was withheld, and only initiates were allowed to know what the full instructions were.

Kind of like how Aunt Betty never gives her exact recipe for that cake everyone loves, so no one else’s attempts will measure up to hers, lol.

But when the ancients lived in times where you could be killed for practicing some of these things, it’s understandable that they’d be very circumspect about what kind of knowledge they were putting out there where untrusted strangers could see it.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “Unsolved Mysteries”