Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:If you have a tendency toward migraines they can be triggered by just about anything, including changes in the weather. It could have been something else at the same time you bought your sin eater spirit. It really is hard to say for sure.
No, I really don't think so actually. I've not had migraines to speak of for years.

These were extra special migraines, continuous for 3 days, one starting as the last ended while I was awake. I have never had that before or since and it matches what I've read about adjustment symptoms. Many years ago I had migraines regularly, as a result of what I thought of then as evil eye / negativity. As my knowledge of protection methods increased I learned to prevent them before they started and have not had migraines for years now as I can nearly always stop them with that mental psychic trick.

Actually, yes, I was doing something else psychically when the sin eater arrived. I undid that, so as to be able to discern which thing was causing the problem. In hindsight it's interesting but at the time it was very not nice. And it made a big impression.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

My point is that expecting to get migraines when you buy Spirits is a good way to get them when you buy Spirits. It is better to eat away at that sense of certainty so that in the future you will stay healthy when you buy more Spirits.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Aha!...good advice. Thanks.

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

I really enjoy this discussion on sin eaters. I feel I need to add one to my family; I have a lot of trauma and fear in my past that I'm 90% sure is blocking my progress from being as strong as it could be. Thanks for this thread!

OriginGhost
new here
new here
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 72
Spelled Number: 72
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My magical/paranormal name...: Prometheus

Sin-Eating is the practice of eating someone else's sins which is similiar to taking over that person's sin and loading it unto onself.
Here is a short history review:
https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/08/06/sin-eaters/

However, do not do this.
There is several problems with Sin-Eating.
First with sin-eating your bare your soul to the sineater, making yourself defenseless in case of hostile intentions.
If done wrongly sin-eater will not only eat your sin but also the parts of your soul that are blemished with it. Of course, you wouldn't even notice as even half an original soul would become a much smaller, full soul again. However, those parts lost would never be recovered.

Another problem with sin-eating is that it is sins that bind us to karma. And karma is what allows us to reincarnate.
Should your sins be eaten your karma would be severed and with your karma severed chances are likely, you will never be reborn on earth again.
I for my part, love being human. I love humanity and want to be reborn many times to come.

Another problem with sin-eating is that, if you have your sins eaten you become eligible for (involuntarily) becoming a sin-eater yourself. There is no such thing as a free meal. If you don't know how to trick the system, don't try the system, you will end up a pawn.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

There are divergent views on what sin is and what karma is. What the article you linked to describes is the 'profession' of human sin eaters, which is not what has been discussed in this thread.

The sin eaters sold by Creepy Hollows shop are spirits conjured by a special method (ie they're not living humans). That's one difference.

What sin eater spirits do is more like remove the karmic build up of energy or negativity etc from someone (their keeper), which is beneficial. (Living sin eaters may subscribe to differing concepts of what they are trying to do. I can't speak for whether they can do harm, or whether they even have the power to harm a person's soul.)

Karma - the best description of this I've found is that it is simply about the effects of action - or inaction. It's not just about what you have done, it's also about what you have failed to do. The consequences of our actions - and our inactions - follow us around in life. For those who believe in reincarnation, they follow us after death and may affect future lives - but there are many slight variations on what is believed about reincarnation.

Sin - the concept of sin is closely linked to Christian dogma. The Indian / Hindu concept of karma isn't identical. Sin Eater spirits are not working within the Christian paradigm, whereas human ones may be. Some conjurers prefer to call their sin eater spirits soul cleansers, so as not to get too closely involved with the Christian mindset on all that.

Finally, loss of the right to be reborn - I don't think a sin eater spirit changes what is in the Akashic records. Put another way, what you have done is still what you have done (or not done). History hasn't been altered if you use a sin eater spirit. And Christian baptism - that is said to wash away an original sin. There's nothing wrong with cleaning away sin or karma. And I don't think use of that will alone qualify a person for Nirvana / Buddahood.

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:There are divergent views on what sin is and what karma is. What the article you linked to describes is the 'profession' of human sin eaters, which is not what has been discussed in this thread.

The sin eaters sold by Creepy Hollows shop are spirits conjured by a special method (ie they're not living humans). That's one difference.

What sin eater spirits do is more like remove the karmic build up of energy or negativity etc from someone (their keeper), which is beneficial. (Living sin eaters may subscribe to differing concepts of what they are trying to do. I can't speak for whether they can do harm, or whether they even have the power to harm a person's soul.)

Karma - the best description of this I've found is that it is simply about the effects of action - or inaction. It's not just about what you have done, it's also about what you have failed to do. The consequences of our actions - and our inactions - follow us around in life. For those who believe in reincarnation, they follow us after death and may affect future lives - but there are many slight variations on what is believed about reincarnation.

Sin - the concept of sin is closely linked to Christian dogma. The Indian / Hindu concept of karma isn't identical. Sin Eater spirits are not working within the Christian paradigm, whereas human ones may be. Some conjurers prefer to call their sin eater spirits soul cleansers, so as not to get too closely involved with the Christian mindset on all that.

Finally, loss of the right to be reborn - I don't think a sin eater spirit changes what is in the Akashic records. Put another way, what you have done is still what you have done (or not done). History hasn't been altered if you use a sin eater spirit. And Christian baptism - that is said to wash away an original sin. There's nothing wrong with cleaning away sin or karma. And I don't think use of that will alone qualify a person for Nirvana / Buddahood.
Thanks for clarifying that, Lewk. :)

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Let's say I have a pattern I am stuck in and it is generating a ton of negativity. So I have the pattern, which is the original problem, and also a vast amount of negativity surrounding it. Getting through to seeing the pattern clearly so that I can understand it and change it is almost impossible and it could take years of effort. Because of all the mess surrounding it. I get a Sin Eater and the Spirit uses that mess of negativity as food. Finally, I reach the point where I can begin to see the underlying pattern and how it has been working to create that negativity in my life. At that point, I understand it well enough to make better choices and break apart the pattern. Things start to get better because the Sin Eater is clearing up the negativity, but it it is when I do my part of the work that things finally truly improve.

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

That makes a lot of sense, Inedible. Thank you!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

SilverElf wrote:That makes a lot of sense, Inedible. Thank you!
ditto :)

Return to “Spirit Keeping”