Morning Dew and it’s uses?

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Who’s heard of Morning Dew? A very unique substance that you have to condense or harvest from the foliage at a specific time. Speculated to be the solvent that was the trade secret which alchemists used, and also apparently used to make herbal elixirs/medicines in some ancient Hellenic traditions.

It has a quality that makes it different from normal water. Most likely either forgotten or largely ignored by modern society who’ve thought of alchemy as ‘discredited’. Some countries that still harvest it are India and Ukraine.

Anybody tried it for any purposes? What’s it like and have you felt any energy?

If you plan on drinking it rather than use it for work not related to that, you have to harvest it in an area where the grass/foliage is clean and isn’t exposed to things from gas, cars, industrial stuff etc. If the rainwater is clean also then chances are the Dew should be when it accumulates close to dawn. Though if you have a distiller you can try to clean it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPYzllsumTo

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

It must take a lot of harvesting to garner a usable amount, but I like the concept.

How about frost? Are there specific uses for that, too, and how do they differ from dew? Frost forms in a similar fashion to dew, but in colder temperatures, the water freezes.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Call me insane, but I still watch those old Chinese movies where the actors have full blown martial arts battles or the ones that tell some of the Chinese folklore. Immediately after reading post, it came to mind. Sure while it's in movies, but it's ancient saying; that the morning dew (probably collected in the early morning off of bamboo leaves or nearby foliage and not touching the ground) has purifying properties as the sages/gods portrayed harvest and actively drink and use them in their potions.

While the validity of such a saying is kinda up in the air, I would assume to a certain extent that it's kinda true. Why would something as simple as collecting dew in the early morning be passed down to this era?

I found a similar concept for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luan_Da , under background, Han Wudi and I will quote here: "Emperor Han Wudi was a superstitious man, and believed that he could attain good health and immortality through spiritual means.[3] One such method involved collecting morning dew on a platter and mixing crushed jade with it to form a "spiritual dew". The emperor routinely drank this "spiritual dew" and only stopped after he fell severely ill from it."

So using crushed Jade doesn't seem like to be a good idea, but perhaps creating a crystal elixir and having the crystal near by so the water can absorb it's energies - seems like the best method. I drank coffee earlier and this is turning into a rant. Adios!

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Opelia Rendon wrote:
So using crushed Jade doesn't seem like to be a good idea, but perhaps creating a crystal elixir and having the crystal near by so the water can absorb it's energies - seems like the best method. I drank coffee earlier and this is turning into a rant. Adios!
They are currently making crystal infusion water bottles. It’s like one of those fruit infusion bottles but with a crystal thingy down the middle. They are pretty pricy though.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I haven't used morning dew specifically but something a friend did for me as a gift was similar. Shortly after moving to NC for the year I experienced my first snow. When it first began snowing my friend collected some of it to use for a spell for me. Now, he's kind of an oddity when compared to me as he's all about embracing the chaos of the self, chaos magic and the cosmos whereas I'm much more grounded and aiming for control. This Spell was made with elements which included fresh ingredients from new experiences, and while it didn't include morning dew, I think that they all held their own special value both because of the intent he put behind it and because of the freshness of the ingredients.

I believe the same can be applied to things like morning dew, frost, and other early morning things. Timing itself is also a good ingredient, though, as obviously morning dew can't be morning dew if it was gathered at twelve in the afternoon. So that being said, while I agree time of day and element freshness matters, I don't think that's what makes it truly magical. I think a large majority of that usefulness is the intent behind it and the purpose that's being given to it.

What would look like a small jar of ash water to most is a jar of promises to me. What would look like a cup of fresh water to most would be a cup of morning dew to you. Potato potahto. Or whatever.

I do think drinking morning dew might be interesting, if anything just to see health benefits, but I'm sure that'd take months if not years to see any improvements. At least for me. I already drink a lot of water. Maybe someone who drinks soda a lot would see benefits way quicker haha.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I seem to recall that dew collected at May Day morning has particularly strong magical energy and it can be used for many spells. I may collect some this year if I remember.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Which holiday is May Day? (As the folks in the Southern Hemisphere celebrate it at the opposite time of year, and they might want to make a note of it)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

First of May, I suppose that Beltane is more common name since many pagan holidays seem to be known by their Celtic names.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

According to Google, Beltane is May 1 in Southern Hemisphere.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:According to Google, Beltane is May 1 in Southern Hemisphere.
It's first of May in the Northern Hemisphere, when in the south it's first of November.

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”