Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Don't let the title fool you. I don't mean candles and such, I mean actual Spirit Offerings that sellers claim to be used as such. Such as "Spirit Food" oil or an "Offering Pyramid for Spirits" or other things of that nature. Have you guys ever purchased things like this? What sorts were your favorites if you have? Did your Spirits enjoy a specific item or oil that was specifically for Spirit Offering?

If you haven't bothered purchasing these sorts of offerings, is there a reason behind your choice such as a bad experience or did you just never truly see a point?

Normally when it comes to offerings I keep things relatively natural. If I'm eating a Sandwich, you're eating one. If I have hot chocolate now you guys do too. But obviously this mindset can result in a lot of wasted food and unfortunately I also sometimes forget to either share or take out what I had shared before it starts getting all crusty or weird looking.

I had once purchased a Spirit Offering item, but it never arrived, and so I don't yet have experiences with them. I'll be asking CH for a custom spelled item to get that same effect once I have the moneygolds though, so hopefully it won't be a waste.

Thinking back to that made me want to ask the question. As I wondered how many of you strictly used personal home offerings, candles, Spirit designated offerings from sellers, or a bit of everything like me!

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

I use a bit of everything! Candles, incense, food, blood etc.

And I also have an ultimate spirit offering pyramid I bought from a seller. It gives my Spirits and Entities whatever type of energy they like best continuously. It also allows them to receive anything they want in the Astral.
It buzzes with power, I feel tingling whenever I hold it, and my companions love it!

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

denanna123 wrote: And I also have an ultimate spirit offering pyramid I bought from a seller. It gives my Spirits and Entities whatever type of energy they like best continuously. It also allows them to receive anything they want in the Astral.
It buzzes with power, I feel tingling whenever I hold it, and my companions love it!
Ooooo that sounds interesting. How'd you get your hands on something like that?

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

My newest item is the Fountainhead Power Orb from CH: https://shop.creepyhollows.com/fountain ... -more.html

I will let you know how it goes as far as energies for use by the spirits as I work with it. I ordered a larger orb to transmute it to before I use it, as I want to get a small stand and put it out with my candles where my guys can actually get to it. I did not realize the default orb was 20mm... (which is not pictured and pretty misleading, honestly). Also, why don't they sell stands for the larger 50mm orbs?

Anyways, otherwise I've just been offering candles and other personal choices, and gemstones for their energy. Depending on the spirit. I also formed a really big bright energy ball the other day and then broke it up and sent the pieces out to any of them who wanted to absorb it. I also offer scented oils.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
Zodiac:

Personally I'm not a fan of most of those 'spirit offering' items. They're a bit of an elitist thing.

Now let me clarify, I do NOT mean spelled or specifically customized items.

What I mean is, an ordinary tea light candle that you can buy in bulk from any general store for very cheap, no spells, no special limited edition scent, not handmade, being sold for $10 as an offering for your spirits.

Only those without financial strain can easily afford this item, which can make for a feeling of superiority. This portrays a message to others that your craft won't be as advanced as it could be without this item, which in turn can make it seem that magick is only available for those with money, not for the poor or financially strained.

I've seen 'special' spirit offering items or magick tools for ridiculous prices, and really there was NOTHING special about that item to justify that price. Like a single, plain tea light for $10, or a decorative knife as an athame, no spells or anything on it, never used in ritual, being sold for hundreds.

The trick in making you think this plain item is so great is in the description.

In example, with the tea light candles. I can go to the store, buy a bulk pack of 50 plain white, non scented candles for $1. Then I could post them for sale, and in the description all I have to do is say something like... "Use this white tea light in any ritual practice! Great for offerings! Small and discreet. The color white is associated with cleansing and purity. Bring purity into your home by burning this candle! Receive 1 white tea light candle for the great price of $5!'

See how deceptive that is? Just by posting color associations, you can be tricked into thinking this item has been spell cast or is special in some kind of way. It's not. It's just a plain tea light. And if I sell all 50 candles, for $5 each, I've made $250.

What I'm trying to point out is, if you're looking into purchasing items labeled as 'spirit offerings', read the description very carefully to find out what you're really getting. If it isn't spell cast, hasn't been used in ritual practice, or isn't customized, I'm not paying a ridiculous amount for it.

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:
denanna123 wrote: And I also have an ultimate spirit offering pyramid I bought from a seller. It gives my Spirits and Entities whatever type of energy they like best continuously. It also allows them to receive anything they want in the Astral.
Ooooo that sounds interesting. How'd you get your hands on something like that?
I bought it from a seller who is sadly no longer in business, which is too bad because I have several spell cast and Spirited items from her that I LOVE.

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

denanna123 wrote:I bought it from a seller who is sadly no longer in business, which is too bad because I have several spell cast and Spirited items from her that I LOVE.
Oh, in that case I think I know who you mean.
I'd ordered the same thing, and if it's not the same person after all, description is very similar. Didn't get it though. Enjoy yours for me? Lol :P

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:My newest item is the Fountainhead Power Orb from CH: https://shop.creepyhollows.com/fountain ... -more.html

I will let you know how it goes as far as energies for use by the spirits as I work with it. I ordered a larger orb to transmute it to before I use it, as I want to get a small stand and put it out with my candles where my guys can actually get to it. I did not realize the default orb was 20mm... (which is not pictured and pretty misleading, honestly). Also, why don't they sell stands for the larger 50mm orbs?

Anyways, otherwise I've just been offering candles and other personal choices, and gemstones for their energy. Depending on the spirit. I also formed a really big bright energy ball the other day and then broke it up and sent the pieces out to any of them who wanted to absorb it. I also offer scented oils.
CH sells crystal ball stands don't they...?
Also, I think the energy ball idea is nice.
I don't think I can do anything that awesome, but it is a sweet idea all the same.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Zero wrote:Personally I'm not a fan of most of those 'spirit offering' items. They're a bit of an elitist thing.

Now let me clarify, I do NOT mean spelled or specifically customized items.

What I mean is, an ordinary tea light candle that you can buy in bulk from any general store for very cheap, no spells, no special limited edition scent, not handmade, being sold for $10 as an offering for your spirits.

Only those without financial strain can easily afford this item, which can make for a feeling of superiority. This portrays a message to others that your craft won't be as advanced as it could be without this item, which in turn can make it seem that magick is only available for those with money, not for the poor or financially strained.

I've seen 'special' spirit offering items or magick tools for ridiculous prices, and really there was NOTHING special about that item to justify that price. Like a single, plain tea light for $10, or a decorative knife as an athame, no spells or anything on it, never used in ritual, being sold for hundreds.

The trick in making you think this plain item is so great is in the description.

In example, with the tea light candles. I can go to the store, buy a bulk pack of 50 plain white, non scented candles for $1. Then I could post them for sale, and in the description all I have to do is say something like... "Use this white tea light in any ritual practice! Great for offerings! Small and discreet. The color white is associated with cleansing and purity. Bring purity into your home by burning this candle! Receive 1 white tea light candle for the great price of $5!'

See how deceptive that is? Just by posting color associations, you can be tricked into thinking this item has been spell cast or is special in some kind of way. It's not. It's just a plain tea light. And if I sell all 50 candles, for $5 each, I've made $250.

What I'm trying to point out is, if you're looking into purchasing items labeled as 'spirit offerings', read the description very carefully to find out what you're really getting. If it isn't spell cast, hasn't been used in ritual practice, or isn't customized, I'm not paying a ridiculous amount for it.
I completely agree.

I don't often use items that "run out" as offerings unless it's things I already have or can get for cheap as they usually do the trick just as well. The only things I enjoy purchasing would be oils, and even then, I usually only purchase one sort. When it comes to offerings anyway. The rest are all stones, sharing food, altar decorations to make a Spirit feel thought of, etc.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”