Astral projection or mental viewing?!

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

For me, i can only do it when my Brain wave frequencies drop into a deep theta just above delta. Im always in rem sleep.

memento mori
polyana005
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: lemming
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Annabelle wrote:[quote="polyana005]
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and links. The guided audio is awesome. I'll try it again. It allowed me to shed some light onto the areas that need to be worked on in order to achieve a full blown obe experience. I observed a lot about my body during just one very first attempt. I realised that my ability to totally relax must be improved. Will be trying it again soon.
You are welcome! :)
When you say that you must improve ability to totally relax, what does it mean? Why do you feel tension? - Overwhelmed with thoughts "would it be possible for me to astral project this time", scared of some "what if" type of thing, suspicious about "it's impossible to AP really, it's only a fantasy/slumber really" stuff, or something else?
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I've been suffering from neck pain /strain from tension and anxiety for over a year now. I've been through a bunch of doctors and alternative practitioners. They don't know the cause and suggest that I work with a psychologist.

I cannot relax the chest and the neck totally. It happened after I got my second baby, I was super exhausted and lied on the side thus causing some sort of damage to my neck, although the MRI scan doesn't show any damage. I need to learn how to relax those muscles totally.

A friend to: A human spirit, gold djinn, werewolf, three ancestors, deva., high elf, Egyptian sanguine vampire, Astral angel, Courtwind angel, sterling angel, Bronwyn angel, Enochian Angel Baradiel, Enochian Angel Galgalliel, Nephilim.
Protected by: Volkh, Einherjar, Fylgia, Draugr.
Immortals: Zeus, Aphrodite, Anubis, Nephtys.
Living astral entities: Astral Angel, Norse vampire elder, Falwer-niamstrum.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

polyana005 wrote:I've been suffering from neck pain /strain from tension and anxiety for over a year now. I've been through a bunch of doctors and alternative practitioners. They don't know the cause and suggest that I work with a psychologist.

I cannot relax the chest and the neck totally. It happened after I got my second baby, I was super exhausted and lied on the side thus causing some sort of damage to my neck, although the MRI scan doesn't show any damage. I need to learn how to relax those muscles totally.
It might help to remind yourself that when you sleep your autonomic system lets go of physical tension and tightness, which proves it *is* possible for you. (Well this is true for most people.) Also bypassing the thinking conscious mind for only a microsecond can bring the same state. That can be a reassurance that you *can* get there intentionally. Finally, if you try this approach, the microsecond becomes two microseconds, then a whole second...before you know it, you're able to stay in that deep relaxation for a minute, several minutes ...and so on.

If you've tried using a sequential purely physical relaxation method on its own, this may trigger resistance. A deep set physical tension can be very non-easy to undo. I think to trigger the autonomic letting go effect that we get during sleep, it is also necessary to bypass the thinking mind.

This gradual desensitisation method has worked for me.

I used to have a form of restless leg syndrome and have been prone to psychosomatic discomfort, as well as having pre-arthritic joints. I also use tai chi /nei jia internal body and mind methods to get there. But the basic principle is: if we can sleep without being in the grip of the tension or discomfort we experience in the waking state, we have an achievable goal to aim at. The method I've described gradually forms a habit for your body/mind system. (It's the reverse of what psychologists do when they gradually desensitise someone to their habitual phobia trigger. It creates a good habit.)

polyana005
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

@Lewk, thanks for the reply. I can feel that I am heading in the right direction now. I chose to not try any ap techniques when I know I am tired. So I will only be trying to ap after having previous slept for several hours.

Just wondering if the "visualize your room" technique is a very effective one? Because in the audio file (followed by a provided link above) it is being instructed to examine, visualize the room, then mentally walk to the entrance door, ie the entrance door to your home...

What is this kind of method, I wonder? In my opinion such methods /techniques lead to viewing,not exiting the body. I think this way because I got a custom spiritual portal (for viewing only) from CH, and all one can do is just mentally view the realm parts, no more. What do you think about that?

A friend to: A human spirit, gold djinn, werewolf, three ancestors, deva., high elf, Egyptian sanguine vampire, Astral angel, Courtwind angel, sterling angel, Bronwyn angel, Enochian Angel Baradiel, Enochian Angel Galgalliel, Nephilim.
polyana005
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Nevermind guys. It looks like what I consider as "only mental viewing" is actually the starting phase of the Astral projection technique based on placing one's consciousness outside of the physical body.

I'll stick to the audio file based on visualizing the room. Will check back in a month or so.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

So that methoad is used to strengthen your living imagination which is very important for astral projection

memento mori

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”