You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ari J Dimitri
Zodiac:

So I took some Adderall my friend gave me, I had been prescribed it when I was child but I now no longer take it. My friend has it prescribed to her. I two three of them. In total it was either 60mg or 30mg in total since she told me one of them was either 20m or 10mg. I took it because she said it would a speed affect. It didn't take affect until the day after I took them and I had some interesting experiences that I had never had before. (If you want to check that one out it's called 'Not Sure This Could Mean Something') Not too long after the experience I had pain started. Now I can handle muscle pain and headaches pretty well. But this. Now I have truly felt muscle pain and a painful headache. The pain made me feel like I was going to vomit even though I have an empty stomach. I looked up the signs of overdose and already knew I hadn't since if I had took 60mg in total that was the largest amount for adults so I was fine. After awhile the pain became so intense I laid down to take a nap. The pain went away while I slept which was a welcome relief buy quickly came rushing back after I woke up. I push through it because I really don't want to go the hospital, I don't want to be busted for abusing Adderall. After I woke up the pain was worse. I had a painful headache that covered the area of my forehead and some parts of the back of my head. The muscle pains were in parts of my arms, my upper arms feeling stiff because of the pain. My lower legs are in quite a bit of pain as well and near the crook of my neck and shoulder areas. It's felt in my sides and around my stomach. Since i've taken Adderall before I knew what to expect of some muscle pain but this amount is not normal. Even if I lay down, relaxing my joints the pain is still shooting through me. This is true pain for me, nothing I've ever felt before. I refuse to eat in fear of just throwing up because of the pain. At first I thought it would ease and go away but now it's still very much here. Through this pain i'm getting Manifestations like crazy. I certainly am not doing this again after the pain is gone, it's absolute hell. I'm not too sure what's going on. I'm not scared because i've ruled out an overdose. At one point I thought i'm feeling my Class 5 Tier 3 Abchanchu being bound or it could be the bonding with my Draugar. I have no idea. But I think the Adderall increased my ability to see manifestations a bit more. If anyone can help me figure this out it'd be helpful.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

One suggestion: Don't take medication not prescribed to you by a doctor. Seriously. Prescription drug abuse is not a good idea. Ever.

Secondly, if the problems continue for more than 6 hours you need medical attention. I highly recommend seeing a doctor.

Thirdly, be careful not to confuse Manifestation with Hallucination.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

You were on drugs so your experiences already can't be taken as someone experiencing it with a clear mind. This is similar to someone getting drunk or high and saying they had a paranormal experience...it's not impossible but it's highly unlikely.

Also, taking someone else's medication for fun ruins the post's credibility too, as it shows you didn't have a clear and logical mind even before you'd made the decision. Lastly, as Reg said, seek medical attention if you need it.

You've already written a similar post expressing your experience and past in much greater detail. I do not see the point of a duplicate that's shorter.

PS: paragraphs.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:One suggestion: Don't take medication not prescribed to you by a doctor. Seriously. Prescription drug abuse is not a good idea. Ever.

Secondly, if the problems continue for more than 6 hours you need medical attention. I highly recommend seeing a doctor.

Thirdly, be careful not to confuse Manifestation with Hallucination.
A billion times this.

Also, magick has a long tradition and even a current consensus on entheogen use for magickal and spiritual experiences. Adderall is nowhere on the mainstream lists for recommended entheogens. Not every substance that alters your perception does so beneficially, even among commonly used entheogens. The TL;DR for what comes below is: Appropriate use of entheogens in mystical practice is for a sacred experience NOT an experiment or a high.

You want something that opens you up to your inner divine but still leaves you capable of processing the experience. That is, the proper goal is to learn something and you won't learn anything at all if you are too high or the wrong kind of high (amphetamines.) You want to lower inhibition or heighten the senses or psychodelic awareness. There's a "goldilocks zone," so to speak. And you don't want to try casting while you are doing this.

From https://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnbecke ... ctice.html:
About entheogens. Entheogens are chemicals (mostly from plants) that produce a change in consciousness that make it more likely that a mystical experience will occur. Most of them are illegal, and with good reason: the wrong dosage can kill you, and you’ll hurt a lot while you’re dying. But people have used herbs, mushrooms, and other psychoactive substances in rituals of thousands of years – used properly, they work. If you feel this is for you, find an experienced practitioner to guide you through it… and that probably means leaving the country to do it.

The only entheogen I’ve ever used is alcohol. I won’t touch it before a public ritual, but I’ve found it to be helpful in certain private rituals. For me, the “goldilocks zone” is when I’m still legal to drive but not safe to drive. I’m still able to focus on what I’m doing, but my filters are lower: I’m more open to unusual inputs and experiences, and I’m less likely to judge them while they’re happening.
In fact, some sources put amphetamines at the BOTTOM of the scale of substances offering mystical experiences, just above alcohol. From https://www.wakingtimes.com/2014/11/07/ ... ens-drugs/:
13. Methamphetamines. Physically and psychologically addictive. Highly toxic. The highly lucrative illegal underground market of the USA’s most-popular legal drug (Ritalin and Adderall are legal methamphetamines – the USA consumes 85% of the world’s prescription speed.) Sometimes called ‘white-trash cocaine’, methamphetamine abuse is reaching epidemic proportions at many levels of American society with over 93,000 ED room visits in 2009. Crack cocaine and methamphetamine addiction have long been associated with both forced and voluntary prostitution in every country that they appear in, while the violence associated with Mexican drug cartels fighting for control of a cocaine and methamphetamine market valued in excess of 50 billion dollars is currently responsible for over 15,000 fatalities a year.
Additionally, amphetamines should also not be used as entheogens due to their addictive nature. Your spirituality should never give way to addiction. This includes addiction due to over-reliance on the substance to do the heavy lifting for you. (http://sarahannelawless.com/2011/06/28/ ... f-control/)

And, even though it's reddit, this is a useful link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Wicca/comments ... and_drugs/
3 - DON'T BE STUPID. The goal is not to trip b***s and twitch like a fool on the ground. The goal is to enter a sacred reality, experience Mystery, and learn. Being too intoxicated will make the experience far less likely to have any value.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”