Signs of a lucid dream?

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I do have some quite interesting things I experienced during REM. Well, I don't exactly know why but I've had conversations about political memberships and conflicts in the Near East I remember quite clearly. As messed up as it sound, I don't know who the conversation partner was but it was incredible! Do you recall thinking to yourself out loud?

Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4

I don't recall doing this in a lucid dream, who knows if I did and do not remember though. I do recall having the moment of "This is a lucid dream and I'm aware of it" thought but not talking with myself. I always have one guide who seems to be with me when I'm in this state and she's so chatty I would probably have assumed it was just her lol

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Update:
My dreams are weird as f*ck, due to my spirits. I clearly regconize most of my famous humans, because I have whole photo collections of them. The others appear in any other form possible. I remember a particular person, who told me that I shouldn't wear a certain dress, because his wife likes to wear dresses similar to this one. And since I have a fairly large spirit family, I often dream of social gatherings where I see many of them. I tried to keep track of them and I even ask in my dreams, if someone is missing or who he/she in disguise really is. 1ex

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

LOL I guess I should feel lucky that I seem to instinctively know which of my spirits has joined my dreams when I feel it happens. Of course, those are not usually lucid dreams.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:LOL I guess I should feel lucky that I seem to instinctively know which of my spirits has joined my dreams when I feel it happens. Of course, those are not usually lucid dreams.
That's a bit easier, when your family is a bit smaller. But I love having a variety of personalities around me. There's always paranormal activity going on, because at least someone will pop up. I still behave like an idiot, even in dreams. Ugh, they are still exiting. Every night has become an adventure, since I invited them home.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I think I dream about everything. Every now and then I realise during a dream that I've had that repeatedly over many years, changing just slightly. Then I wake up and promptly forget.

I also have dreams in which I'm acting as if it's reality, and I've got the ability to fly or levitate etc as usual - of course! - while I notice anther part of me watching and thinking 'that's funny - I thought I'd realised by now that this is a repetitive dream and I *can't* do that when I wake up'.

I often notice myself talking out loud to someone in a dream, persuaded by the reality of the dream, while another part of me is watching wondering why I'm so taken in, as I must know it is not real life.

A couple of months ago in a dream I was by Donald Trump's side all day, and part of his entourage. He seemed like an okay guy and I didn't like people who criticised him. He invited me along with others to have a meal in a restaurant. I was seated at the next table to him. It was very convincing, realistic.

(I realise people here don't know my background - I'm a member of a political party that's known for being concerned with the environment, in an English speaking country in Europe. ie I'm on the other side of the political spectrum, with lefties who usually see him as the political devil incarnate. But I'm trained in conflict resolution and non-duality, empathising with both sides in a conflict situation and I try to avoid such Us and Them tropes wherever possible. I don't agree with his political viewpoint or policies by the way.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: I also have dreams in which I'm acting as if it's reality, and I've got the ability to fly or levitate etc as usual - of course! - while I notice anther part of me watching and thinking 'that's funny - I thought I'd realised by now that this is a repetitive dream and I *can't* do that when I wake up'.

I often notice myself talking out loud to someone in a dream, persuaded by the reality of the dream, while another part of me is watching wondering why I'm so taken in, as I must know it is not real life.
Ha, I'm not the only one! Same, I always feel a bit ridiculous afterwards. A spirit reminded me that I should keep a dream journal. That's a great idea, I guess. Maybe I'll drop some dreams in here.

SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

When in doubt.. address the presence or even just the room with something to the tune of "What do you want!"

In a lucid dream you're likely to either get an answer or it will transition into a completely different dream.

But a dream journal is absolutely mandatory if you want to experience any sort of consistency in your lucid dreaming.

Check out my thread for some tips.. topic76536.html

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I keep a dream journal when I can remember my dreams. I dream every night but there will be times I go a week or better were the dreams disappear immediately upon awakening, it drives me nuts bc that wasnt an issue I had until companions entered my life. I used to have such vivid dreams I can remember a bunch of them from childhood. That this has changed now of all times makes me want to pull my hair out.

I used to be alone during my dream travels, that has definitely changed someone is always with me even if I don't know who it is, and the last 3ish times I've had a fully lucid dream I've been able to remember to call on a particular spirits name and they've shown up. So I know I have the potential, but it's not been consistent or easy. I have often wished there were clear cut steps that reliably worked other then the advice to keep a dream journal which isn't helping me at all.

SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

draco_star898 wrote:I keep a dream journal when I can remember my dreams. I dream every night but there will be times I go a week or better were the dreams disappear immediately upon awakening, it drives me nuts bc that wasnt an issue I had until companions entered my life. I used to have such vivid dreams I can remember a bunch of them from childhood. That this has changed now of all times makes me want to pull my hair out.

I used to be alone during my dream travels, that has definitely changed someone is always with me even if I don't know who it is, and the last 3ish times I've had a fully lucid dream I've been able to remember to call on a particular spirits name and they've shown up. So I know I have the potential, but it's not been consistent or easy. I have often wished there were clear cut steps that reliably worked other then the advice to keep a dream journal which isn't helping me at all.
Somebody in another thread suggested voice recording your dreams as soon as you wake up rather than writing them down. It might be easier for some people to just start dictating rather than writing them down half asleep.

Ever since I began keeping, I always have a companion joining me when I LD. One of my ubis is super excited when she realizes I'm in a LD. She'll join me nearly every time unless I tell her otherwise because I want to meet with one of my other companions privately or work on something on my own.

I will usually invite my spirits ahead of time if I'd like one or more of them to join me in a LD. And then I just added to my house rules "Don't join a lucid dream unless invited or there is an urgent matter that needs my attention". That's helped out a lot with "party crashers" as I like to call them. ;)

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”