venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Netheran wrote:I have always struggled to accept CH definition of BA and WA. To me that meant that there are absolute rights and wrongs. That we can define good and bad, when in reality, that is all relative, in my opinion. To some extent it is just energy. I have always held a sense of non judgement towards these beings considering if plants and animals were to write about us, we might be viewed as BA to them.
To me, it is best to understand these definitions by remembering they are aimed at describing the nature of the way these beings might interact with us, not necessarily with each other. From that perspective it's pretty clear what the definitions say. While we may have individual philosophies for dealing with spirits or entities, that does not change the way they would interact with us.
Netheran wrote:I bring this up because, it seems a beast of bodmin has been trying to help me with my parasite issue? In fact it seems a lot of beings, both light and dark are trying to help. This one in particular seems interesting because I have seen it in my dreams very clearly and have seen it trying to tear apart the parasite I am fighting. And some of the pain it was inducing in me was seeming to help drive away the parasite, for a time. And I did not know this in advance, but after having cut dairy out of my diet for over a year i decided to get some whole milk recently out of the blue while at the store. When i had a glass of it I heard some entity pop out of the room. Turns out whole milk is the answer to dealing with beast of bodmin in the CH encycolpedia.
Maybe the Beast of Bodmin was just hunting due to the activity around you and did not intend to help you, but just to feed. Maybe it was entertained at the opportunity to be aggressive. Maybe it saw the parasite as being in its territory and reacted aggressively. Maybe what the parasite was doing to you had nothing to do with what the Beast wanted. And maybe, ultimately, it was after one of the other beings present or even you and was getting rid of the competition. It's hard to say.
Netheran wrote:I do know this though. Spirits can be very decieving. What seems like help at first is a way to get a foot in the door and start causing probelms in the background. On the other hand I could be giving into paranoia and should be greatful for the help. Does anyone here have experience with beast of bodmin? Are they capable of help, or am i asking for more probelms than i already have?
This depends on the spirit, but when working with unbounds I would tend to agree that caution is the best method to handle the interaction.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Excellent point about it just hunting! I hadn't thought about that, makes a lot of sense.

Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4

Ishvala wrote:
Ellie44 wrote: I'd also like to add that I greatly admire the
respect you show all paths, Ishvala. 2hp
I mean, I try. It's only fair right? If I judged someone else's path I might as well stop walking my own altogether. Life is all about acceptance and improvement. Sure, I might not dabble in BA, and I might have only recently gotten a WA Spirit, but I'd be hypocritical to call out anyone else who walked a different path than mine.

Sure, maybe the BA path seems unnecessary to some people, and maybe lots of things can be achieved without BA, but that doesn't mean the individual isn't called to it and that doesn't mean that they don't deserve to walk down that road and grow. If it winds up not being the path for them they can come right back here and start again - but that's their decision first and foremost. All we can do is give unbiased opinions to try and help them.
Very true!

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I also agree that taking caution no matter the decision is important. Also, figuring out it's intentions and if it wants to be bound at all would also be good. If not, I'd remain on guard and make sure yourself and your Spirits are well protected.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Ishvala wrote:It really depends on personal experience and mutual respect.
Real BA has no respect. They either fear you or you're prey.
It's as easy as that. Fear isn't necessarily respect. They will harm you if they get the chance.
Ishvala wrote: Sure, maybe the BA path seems unnecessary to some people, and maybe lots of things can be achieved without BA, but that doesn't mean the individual isn't called to it and that doesn't mean that they don't deserve to walk down that road and grow. If it winds up not being the path for them they can come right back here and start again - but that's their decision first and foremost.
People who intensively work with real BA often go crazy. There is a temple that works with BA where people started to constantly get depressed and basically went bye bye, the final way.

Black Arts magick is not the same as Black Arts, the beings. The black magick path shouldn't be mixed up with them. They are independent.

With people that work BA it's possible they become dangerous to themselves and others. You don't really grow on that path unless you mean growing mad.
BA energy is corrosive. It corrodes the mind, the soul. It can spread like an infection. Turning yourself more like them.
Sometimes there's no way back.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Netheran
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: incubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Netheran

Regholdain wrote:
Netheran wrote:I have always struggled to accept CH definition of BA and WA. To me that meant that there are absolute rights and wrongs. That we can define good and bad, when in reality, that is all relative, in my opinion. To some extent it is just energy. I have always held a sense of non judgement towards these beings considering if plants and animals were to write about us, we might be viewed as BA to them.
To me, it is best to understand these definitions by remembering they are aimed at describing the nature of the way these beings might interact with us, not necessarily with each other. From that perspective it's pretty clear what the definitions say. While we may have individual philosophies for dealing with spirits or entities, that does not change the way they would interact with us.
Netheran wrote:I bring this up because, it seems a beast of bodmin has been trying to help me with my parasite issue? In fact it seems a lot of beings, both light and dark are trying to help. This one in particular seems interesting because I have seen it in my dreams very clearly and have seen it trying to tear apart the parasite I am fighting. And some of the pain it was inducing in me was seeming to help drive away the parasite, for a time. And I did not know this in advance, but after having cut dairy out of my diet for over a year i decided to get some whole milk recently out of the blue while at the store. When i had a glass of it I heard some entity pop out of the room. Turns out whole milk is the answer to dealing with beast of bodmin in the CH encycolpedia.
Maybe the Beast of Bodmin was just hunting due to the activity around you and did not intend to help you, but just to feed. Maybe it was entertained at the opportunity to be aggressive. Maybe it saw the parasite as being in its territory and reacted aggressively. Maybe what the parasite was doing to you had nothing to do with what the Beast wanted. And maybe, ultimately, it was after one of the other beings present or even you and was getting rid of the competition. It's hard to say.
Netheran wrote:I do know this though. Spirits can be very decieving. What seems like help at first is a way to get a foot in the door and start causing probelms in the background. On the other hand I could be giving into paranoia and should be greatful for the help. Does anyone here have experience with beast of bodmin? Are they capable of help, or am i asking for more probelms than i already have?
This depends on the spirit, but when working with unbounds I would tend to agree that caution is the best method to handle the interaction.
I agree about those possibilties with the beast of bodmin hunting or eliminating competition. Is there any good way for me to figure this out? I am sure some would say play it safe, but which way is safe? If the beast is getting rid of a very difficult parasite, is it smart to turn down that help? I should point out I am working on my protection methods at the moment.

Netheran
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: incubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Netheran

Aprophis wrote:
It's as easy as that. Fear isn't necessarily respect. They will harm you if they get the chance.
Ishvala wrote: Sure, maybe the BA path seems unnecessary to some people, and maybe lots of things can be achieved without BA, but that doesn't mean the individual isn't called to it and that doesn't mean that they don't deserve to walk down that road and grow. If it winds up not being the path for them they can come right back here and start again - but that's their decision first and foremost.
People who intensively work with real BA often go crazy. There is a temple that works with BA where people started to constantly get depressed and basically went bye bye, the final way.

Black Arts magick is not the same as Black Arts, the beings. The black magick path shouldn't be mixed up with them. They are independent.

With people that work BA it's possible they become dangerous to themselves and others. You don't really grow on that path unless you mean growing mad.
BA energy is corrosive. It corrodes the mind, the soul. It can spread like an infection. Turning yourself more like them.
Also very valid points. I guess my question is the beast of bodmin a truely BA being with no other intention than to harm me? No if, ands or buts?

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

Netheran wrote: Also very valid points. I guess my question is the beast of bodmin a truely BA being with no other intention than to harm me? No if, ands or buts?
It's DA but difficult to handle. If you check the whole encyclopedia page you can see hints.
Like the tags at the bottom. And that it actually has a Secret to keeping.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:

I suppose that's fair. Clearly you've seen way more than I have.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

Aprophis wrote: Black Arts magick is not the same as Black Arts, the beings. The black magick path shouldn't be mixed up with them. They are independent.
Sorry, I meant Black Magick.

Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “Black Arts”