Belladonna (Deadly Nightshade)

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:Professor and plant researcher Henry G. Walters speculated in 1915 about the potential for cross-breeding carnivorous and poisonous plants. He believed that if a poisonous plant had "the semimuscular system possessed by the carnivorous plants, it would be more dangerous than the cholera." Dr. Walters declared that plants were capable of love and that they had memories, implying that they might also hold a grudge as lovers do. The deadly nightshade, he believed, was filled with hatred.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:
Regholdain wrote:Professor and plant researcher Henry G. Walters speculated in 1915 about the potential for cross-breeding carnivorous and poisonous plants. He believed that if a poisonous plant had "the semimuscular system possessed by the carnivorous plants, it would be more dangerous than the cholera." Dr. Walters declared that plants were capable of love and that they had memories, implying that they might also hold a grudge as lovers do. The deadly nightshade, he believed, was filled with hatred.
Because... grins and giggles... entertainment... highly questionable research and discovery... LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I recall reading a long time ago that there was a time when people thought that tomatoes, a nightshade relative, were poisonous.

I think the leaves and stems ARE toxic. Uncooked green tomatoes might be a hazard, too. But I’ve eaten cooked green tomatoes and I’m still here, lol.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I recall reading a long time ago that there was a time when people thought that tomatoes, a nightshade relative, were poisonous.

I think the leaves and stems ARE toxic. Uncooked green tomatoes might be a hazard, too. But I’ve eaten cooked green tomatoes and I’m still here, lol.
I think that's because they are classified among the nightshades. That's why they are shunned under today's FODMAP protocols. Some people believe they cause inflammation.

Found this little tidbit and enjoyed it though, lol:
Centuries ago, the common eggplant was referred to as “mad apple” due to belief that eating it regularly would cause mental illness.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Holy moley, I just looked up FODMAP. If I avoided that whole list, I’d be living on water and air, lol.

I’ve heard that nightshades, including tomatoes and potatoes, should be avoided because they cause inflammation. My friend’s late aunt eliminated all nightshades and swore it helped her arthritis.

But I’ve seen my x-rays... the osteoarthritis hot spots I’ve got will need a lot more than skipping the potatoes, lol. Plus, I’ve never noticed a symptom change in the aftermath of eating a nightshade-related food. Weather and exertion are the main causes of symptom flares for me. Which is good, because I’m Italian and tomatoes are my comfort food. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Right? I think the most middle of the road and balanced opinion from all I’ve read on FODMAPs is that if you have IBS and possibly celiac it might help. But that if you are considering limiting FODMAPs it is a pretty good indicator you should have an MD thoroughly evaluate the issue that sent you down that root because there may be a much more serious issue. For example, some people who have thought they had an IBS/IBD/celiac issue really had colon cancer instead.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Actually...

Same book (Wicked Plants):

"Potato - This member of the dreaded nightshade family contains a poison called solanine, which can bring on burning and gastrointestinal symptoms and even coma and death in rare cases. Cooking a potato will kill most of the solanine in it, but if a potato has been exposed to the light long enough for its skin to turn green, that may be a sign of increased levels of solanine."

Doesn't say anything specific to tomatoes other than they're in the same family. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Is there like a non-lethal version of nightshade which has effectively very similar or the same effects without killing you if say, ingested? In my recent experience, whether its due or not to the Belladonna in the ointment it did create a similar effect to an 'emotional experience' had but without the pain necessarily involved in which some aspect of the Earthen body is weakened to allow me/the soul more control and consciousness?

From what I learnt 'opening up' if achieved would not only be done for the sake of sensing stuff, but it brings you into control by weakening the authority of some aspect of your Earthen self or what Egyptians call the shadow?

Wisdom Seaker
new here
new here

I really want to grow this plant here in South Africa. I just don't know where to get seeds.

Kind regards
Wisdom Seaker

... Where the ocean meets the sky, I'll be sailing...

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I've been interested working with it but I'm very cautious.
After moving to my new location, shortly after setting up my rig I noticed nightshade growing under my bedroom area.
We have animals here so I've been nervous about allowing it to continue staying there, so a friend of mine who is braver about working with it has collected it.

There are plenty of herbs that I can work with that are safer, so I don't mind .

🦇♦️🦇

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”