Belladonna (Deadly Nightshade)

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I'm curious - has anyone worked with this herb??

It's a very fatal herb to ingest and one of those top herbs that can basically kill you if consumed, for those that don't know. Also has protective properties and I've read occasionally it can be used in black magick work like curses and whatnot (I do not do black magick work, my path is more grey-aligned). Just an overall powerful herb. I personally love this herb despite it being a toxic one. I found one lady on Etsy who makes huge witch spell bottles and she combines belladonna and mandrake root with tons of other herbs. It's also extremely hard to find online as a herb cut instead of a seed. I managed to be able to buy a small amount of belladonna for ritual purposes and as an offering to one of my spirits. I ended up using gloves to handle it since it can get absorbed into the skin, and well, I tried getting it all inside a small bottle and sealing it.

Would anyone work with this herb, OR has anyone made use of it before? I've always found it to be interesting.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I haven't gone very far into less commonly used herbs, but it looks like it features in Bellona's and Circe's worship and sympathetic hexing. It was historically used in (intentional) poisons, medieval beauty potions (?!) and flying ointments. Most of the articles I'm seeing discourage all three of those uses. XD And this one says not to even burn it and discourages using it for any reason: https://exemplore.com/wicca-witchcraft/ ... Nightshade But I figure it does fine as an offering so long as you wear gloves, put it in a jar and avoid burning it.

Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4

I haven't and won't. I have a curious pup who I'd be too nervous she'd get ahold of it.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I ordered some belladonna ointment a little while ago. It has not arrived yet but I'm eager to try it.

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

Yeah I can't help but feel like very advanced practitioners and witches work with belladonna, or actively work with it frequently. I pretty much have mine set on my altar within a vial.

I've never heard of belladonna being used as an ointment and that's interesting! I heard it was toxic when used on the skin so it made me curious if it was topical or something you will be using for spellcraft?

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

In the ointment it's diluted to oil so it's not pure belladonna you use in your skin, still ingesting it is not wise. Belladonna has pain relieving properties and I believe it's used in modern medicine too.
I plan to use it on trancework myself.

Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I haven't gone very far into less commonly used herbs, but it looks like it features in Bellona's and Circe's worship and sympathetic hexing. It was historically used in (intentional) poisons, medieval beauty potions (?!) and flying ointments. Most of the articles I'm seeing discourage all three of those uses. XD And this one says not to even burn it and discourages using it for any reason: https://exemplore.com/wicca-witchcraft/ ... Nightshade But I figure it does fine as an offering so long as you wear gloves, put it in a jar and avoid burning it.
Most of the more seasoned witches that I know, as well as myself are of like mind and don't recommend it for spell work simply because of the toxic nature. I mean it has been used to wipe out armies. I am not saying that is true for all just is for those I know in my life. My witchy friends walk all different paths from very white to extremely black and all of us in between. I've only known one who used it in hexes and curses and he took extreme precautions.

I have never know it used in beauty potions.
So I'd be interested to read about that as you know how I am about reading new articles to me haha. Have you read the myths on how it used to be used for "flying"..at least in relation to females? No thank you!

There are few herbs I stay away from and this is right up there with henbane. This is one where if you do use it, precautions as you said are the way to go. It seems that OP understands and respects the dangers. What concerns me is that is available to those who may not.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

When it is used in prescription medications it has been carefully measured and titrated with a lot of quality controls and strict instructions on use and side effects. Outside of that setting it can be very, very dangerous even if the product bought in a pharmacy. Commercial baby teething tablets were recalled a few years ago for containing enough belladonna to make babies very sick. It's very much in "use at your own risk" territory.

Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte

I cannot fathom why someone thought it would be a good idea to put them in anything related to babies.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Homeopathy.

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”