Over-sensitive

Do you want to teach others something? Let them shadow you!
Annabelle
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Leviathan
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demoness
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Annabelle

Lewk wrote:
Annabelle wrote: Hi Annabelle 1ak

The quote above that I gave is taken from Wikipedia.

Here is a quote from Scott Jeffrey's webpage which is about Shadow Work. It gives a very good example...I hope you find it useful.

"What Happens When You Repress Your Shadow

So what happens to all the parts of ourselves we sweep out of view?

Whatever qualities we deny in ourselves, we see in others.
In psychology, this is called projection. We project onto others anything we bury within us.

If, for example, you get irritated when someone is rude to you, it’s a good bet you haven’t owned your own rudeness.

This doesn’t mean the person isn’t being rude to you. However, if rudeness wasn’t in your shadow self, someone else’s rudeness wouldn’t bother you so much.

This process doesn’t happen consciously. We aren’t aware of our projections.

Our egos use this mechanism to defend itself—to defend how it perceives itself. Our false identities of being “good” keep us from connecting to our shadow.

These psychological projections distort reality, creating a thick boundary between how we view ourselves and how we behave in reality."

On Scott Jeffrey's website there is a quote from Robert Johnson, who is another person that wrote about shadow work. He said:

"Unless we do conscious work on it, the shadow is almost always projected: that is, it is neatly laid on someone or something else so we do not have to take resposibility for it."

Does that make sense to you in any way Annabelle?
Yes i assumed it could be that, thanks for confirming me. :) So Annabelle = egocentric, rude, aggressive and self sufficient being who refuses people on cold ways and gives no second chance?
Naughty! Who still likes me after reading this? 2wk

Well sometimes i am like that yes, but not always and not to cool people. I didn't mention that my parents who were punishing me on rude ways had pretty hard work with educating me, because i always tended to be free minded and even dominant a bit, and well - i like attention, i definitely like it! ;)
So time to think at that way and maybe to transform this darkness into something more useful, to me and to others. Maybe it helps!

Why i am saying "maybe"...
Because now i have further question: what if projection of our shadow self isn't only way how this thing works? For example, my mother hates liars. She is ready to kill someone who lies to her! Or at least to forget him for the eternity. 1s But she is well known by her honest nature. I never saw her lie to people. Nobody from family ever saw it. And i am sure she hasn't secret agenda because i know her 34 years for now.
What if sometimes hatred toward other people comes just from our moral code and only moral code we built in ourselves during the life?
Or is it also "fake" moral code, and projection of our shadow we amazingly successfully try to hide whole life?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Maybe if you find this subject interesting you can research it more?

Annabelle
new here
new here

Lewk wrote:Maybe if you find this subject interesting you can research it more?
Maybe... 1i

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Annabelle
new here
new here

Thanks Lewk for the links, i am finding it really helpful, especially the second one. :)

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Annabelle wrote:
Thanks Lewk for the links, i am finding it really helpful, especially the second one. :)
That's great 1s

Annabelle
new here
new here

Lewk wrote: That's great 1s
I have just red the second one. But i still doesn't have the most important answer: what to do once you reveal your shadow self? What to do with it? For example if someone reveals that he is actually very destructive type of guy who needs to torment and kill in order to feel satisfied... Or if your shadow self is being coward who is capable of betraying closest people, playing mind games with people, manipulation, in order to achieve his goals (self orientated of course)...
What if you face these shadows in yourself? I think i am pretty right when i say that the best is to get rid of these asap. :D

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Okay I think I understand your question.

There are 2 things to think about:

1. Shadow - the nasty things we don't want and don't like, so our mind hides them away.

Advice: we can mentally accept that the Shadow is part of every human being's mind, it is natural. Relax. But don't start behaving badly! You can choose to behave well. A common tip is to Recognise your shadow exists but Don't Fight it, as that gives it energy.

2. Soul mirror of the elements - this show you where you are out of balance, so you can choose to develop the good qualities you think you are lacking. The creator of this method (Franz Bardon) taught a special kind of affirmation technique to convert the unwanted personal qualities into the ones you want.

I suppose each of those things need to be explored further and time needs to be spent on working with either method.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Annabelle wrote:What to do with it? For example if someone reveals that he is actually very destructive type of guy who needs to torment and kill in order to feel satisfied... Or if your shadow self is being coward who is capable of betraying closest people, playing mind games with people, manipulation, in order to achieve his goals (self orientated of course)...
What if you face these shadows in yourself? I think i am pretty right when i say that the best is to get rid of these asap. :D
[/color]
It should all be about empowering oneself to be the kind of person one wants to be.

For me phrases like 'cutting away' or 'banishing' mean something different from 'let it fade away' and 'change your focus'. You *can* choose which are the sides of yourself you want to develop more and which are the sides you want to fade away. It's more about where you put your focus.

Obviously we still need to protect ourselves from dangerous situations. We also still need to stick to our moral principles - finding out that the shadow mind exists is not an excuse to start acting out all the bad behaviour we can think of.

But our shadow side can also be where we find some of the positive qualities that we do not have in our day to day life. So a very shy, quiet person who never stands up for themselves may find in their shadow side they have hidden away their powerful self that finds it easy to deal with people.

So do you see - the shadow side is just a part of us. You don't want to get rid of it (and you can't). But you *can* work on your own personal development. You *can* be a better person if you want.

Annabelle
new here
new here

Lewk wrote: For me phrases like 'cutting away' or 'banishing' mean something different from 'let it fade away' and 'change your focus'. You *can* choose which are the sides of yourself you want to develop more and which are the sides you want to fade away. It's more about where you put your focus.

Obviously we still need to protect ourselves from dangerous situations. We also still need to stick to our moral principles - finding out that the shadow mind exists is not an excuse to start acting out all the bad behaviour we can think of.

But our shadow side can also be where we find some of the positive qualities that we do not have in our day to day life. So a very shy, quiet person who never stands up for themselves may find in their shadow side they have hidden away their powerful self that finds it easy to deal with people.

So do you see - the shadow side is just a part of us. You don't want to get rid of it (and you can't). But you *can* work on your own personal development. You *can* be a better person if you want.
So could it mean following: if i, for example, discovered very destructive side of me in myself, sadistic instinct which makes me do horrible things and enjoy in it, i should accept this as the part of me which can't be gone, and channel it into some aggressive sport or competitive activity of any kind to satisfy this need?

Return to “Shadow Me”