Over-sensitive

Do you want to teach others something? Let them shadow you!
Annabelle
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Leviathan
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demoness
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Annabelle

My shadow is being extremely over-sensitive. A way over! Injustice drives me literary crazy, i become depressive, furious, violent and vengeful more then the most of people; also egocentric and emotionless people can make me berserk; i am becoming really insane when people who i respect and like refuse or betray me...

Won't prolong this, but i had very tough and traumatic childhood (physically and verbally abused, divorced parents, location changing etc.) and problems with making friends whole life (mostly because i could never truly conform and obey the "rules", but also because i felt rejected and not-understood).

Started to deal with this shadow since i have started with LHP (few months ago) and i can say it goes forward but very slowly and i am getting pretty hard tests from the Demons i am asking for guidance, which i mostly - unfortunately - fail.
Ok, won't exaggerate: my aggression and depression are less strong then before and also shorter duration, but it still exists and it's powerful, makes my aura terribly narrow and filled with great pain and self destruction.

How to get rid of it?

Reflective banishment works well for now, shielding too and a few other methods similar to these as well, but it works only against my enemies negativity sent in my direction...
What i am really looking for is some good method to get rid of this inner darkness. For example when someone hurts/betrays/makes fool from me, i immediately start to feel like i am really a fool who trusted him, sometimes start to feel even guilt bigger then needed, rage beyond the limits of the Universe... And then it destroys me actually. Not that person, then me! I start to think that i am less worth person in some way and start to hate myself as much as my enemy. Lack of energy, depression, aggression, violence, frustration and retreat from any social contacts occurs then for hours, days...

Any good advice from (possibly) people who passed or still passing through similar stuff, please? :)

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Listen to music,play video games,avoid people are some of the things that dampen it for me along with having spirits and immortals around that care about me.But you can't really get rid of that darkness when it takes root.To me darkness is like a venom,thoughs that can't handel it don't survive it wether its emotional,mental or physical survival.Thoughs that can become more immune to the effects but it leaves a scare that can't be gotten rid of.

Accept and encorperat it into your being or let it consul you are your main options wether your looking at the darkness itself or your shadow self which I'm not sure if there their the same thing or not but to me seem to be two diffrent things.You can lesson but you can't eliminat eather one because its apart of you at that point.One is what was always your regected Self(the shadow self)the other a heavy blow that makes you question things you never thought to ask before and lets you learn and make you wiser and better at a cost wether you wanted to learn or not(darkness).

Though judging on what you said the video game option may be a good place to start.Get a violent one where your killing many things or destroying a single target and imagine that they are the person you want to slaughter.A fun way to get the bloodlust out of your system without needing to act on the urge in real life.And with music its your call but if peaceful music doesn't do it try listening to something more in tune with your feelings.

And if you avoid things that trigger you to see red like people you won't have it happen that often unless its in a movie or game but you can choose what you can experience with that if you don't have people in your house that like watching stuff that's aggravating because they like drama.That's what I have to say on the topic.

Blessed be

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

There is a way to see your good and bad points, accept that they exist and then work on balancing your self. It's called the 'magical soul mirror of the elements'. This is an occult way to deal with some aspects of our negative, unwanted qualities. Franz Bardon was the first to write about this method in 1956.

As the previous post says, a common approach to our work with our shadow is to accept that it is part of us. This Shadow is the one the psychologist Carl Jung talked about as being all the unacceptable desires, urges, feelings that we don't want to know about and push away in our deep subconscious.

You don't have to act on those Shadow urges but you can relax and accept the fact that it is a part of us, a projection, so it can't be cut off or banished. By relaxing and realising this, it loses part of its negative charge or hold on us. We can become more whole as a person.

Wikipedia

"In Jungian psychology, the "shadow", "Id", or "shadow aspect/archetype" may refer to (1) an unconscious aspect of the personality which the conscious ego does not identify in itself, or (2) the entirety of the unconscious, i.e., everything of which a person is not fully conscious. In short, the shadow is the "dark side".

Because one tends to reject or remain ignorant of the least desirable aspects of one's personality, the shadow is largely negative. There are, however, positive aspects that may also remain hidden in one's shadow (especially in people with low self-esteem, anxieties, and false beliefs).[1]

Contrary to a Freudian definition of shadow, the Jungian shadow can include everything outside the light of consciousness and may be positive or negative. "Everyone carries a shadow," Jung wrote, "and the less it is embodied in the individual's conscious life, the blacker and denser it is."[2] It may be (in part) one's link to more primitive animal instincts,[3] which are superseded during early childhood by the conscious mind.

Carl Jung stated the shadow to be the unknown dark side of the personality.[4][5] According to Jung, the shadow, in being instinctive and irrational, is prone to psychological projection, in which a perceived personal inferiority is recognized as a perceived moral deficiency in someone else. Jung writes that if these projections remain hidden, "The projection-making factor (the Shadow archetype) then has a free hand and can realize its object—if it has one—or bring about some other situation characteristic of its power."[6] These projections insulate and harm individuals by acting as a constantly thickening veil of illusion between the ego and the real world."

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

There're these threads:
topic69622.html
topic70406.html

: )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
laptop123
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 7
If I could be anything, I would be...: Nympho
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Shovel Face :p

I would start with the work of Eckhart Tolle.
The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the possessing entity, the thinker.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Talk to a psychologist

memento mori
Annabelle
new here
new here

DualWanderer3 wrote:Listen to music,play video games,avoid people are some of the things that dampen it for me along with having spirits and immortals around that care about me.
And if you avoid things that trigger you to see red like people you won't have it happen that often unless its in a movie or game but you can choose what you can experience with that if you don't have people in your house that like watching stuff that's aggravating because they like drama.That's what I have to say on the topic.
Blessed be

Doing all these: metal, horrors, sometimes violent mmorpg, art helps too... It makes me feel powerful and increases my self esteem, but also detaching me from people. In one way i want it and in another i don't. I want it because i am already terribly disappointed with society and generally hate human race, especially those who think that everybody need to live by their rules. I don't want it because i am - weather i like it or not - also social being who want to have friends. Who terribly want to have them! To have people around her who understand her and tolerate her way of thinking. People whom i can tell everything about me without expecting judgements and laughter... For now i have found such people only at LHP, theistic satanism. Have few friends already but online only, and nobody like that in real life because my country is opposite of LHP unfortunately. So in real life i am only eternal rebel veiled in black, silent and introvert, with the exception - fair and generous people i always greet with smile even if we don't agree in anything, and i am always willing to help them. But, they still can't be my true friends... Next to metal, horrors and deviant art - to emigrate to "Wild West" to wash dishes there for the rest of my life surrounded by right guys? Well, maybe! 2wk

Lewk wrote: According to Jung, the shadow, in being instinctive and irrational, is prone to psychological projection, in which a perceived personal inferiority is recognized as a perceived moral deficiency in someone else. Jung writes that if these projections remain hidden, "The projection-making factor (the Shadow archetype) then has a free hand and can realize its object—if it has one—or bring about some other situation characteristic of its power."[6] These projections insulate and harm individuals by acting as a constantly thickening veil of illusion between the ego and the real world."

Can you please give me some example for it? Do i understand it well? For example, if i hate egocentric and emotionless people who think they are gods, it really means that i am the one egocentric, wanna-be-god etc. kind of person who projected this shadow self at the others? Well who knows, from the early childhood i was kinda rebellious and free minded, respected my private space and wanted from people to tolerate my way of thinking/behaving, but... aren't we all like that? Also, my parents were punishing this little freedom in me sometimes on really tormenting ways, so i started to feel - yeah - ashamed of that. Started to feel guilt because of it, low self esteem and feeling of helplessness were built...
So, what now? With entering to LHP i have definitely found the real purpose of my life. I feel like "at home" in there, working with Demons and traveling Their beautiful and dangerous realms in my day and night dreams, i am getting real friends in virtual world for now and finally feel completely free to express myself but... Why then do i still turn to drama queen when somebody pisses me off on the ways mentioned in the first post!? What part of my shadow self do i hide so amazingly well from myself that i can't find the cure for it?
Could it be just an echo of my hatred to drama-parents who were tormenting me to follow the rules of the house and acting pretty much cold and emotionless to my needs for freedom?

darkwing dook wrote:There're these threads:
topic69622.html
topic70406.html

: )
+
laptop123 wrote:I would start with the work of Eckhart Tolle.
The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the possessing entity, the thinker.
Will do, thank you for recommendations! 1tu
quantumflux wrote:Talk to a psychologist

Already did it. And with psychiatrist too. Few of them. Dg. of depression/anxiety disorder + insomnia few years ago, still drinking medicines but very small doses already. Their advises definitely don't help. Depression/anxiety started to appear after i passed adolescence phase. I started to deny my rebellious nature in order to become somebody beloved by people (whom i hated at the same time!) and then started to feel guilty and low because i "disappointed" my parents and whole society with my "weird" behavior. Bad thing i did! And no psychiatrist could guide me what to really do to get rid of it.
Tbh, only Demons helped me and still helping me with this silly guilt. Or - with the remnants of it. ;)

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Annabelle wrote:
Doing all these: metal, horrors, sometimes violent mmorpg, art helps too... It makes me feel powerful and increases my self esteem, but also detaching me from people. In one way i want it and in another i don't. I want it because i am already terribly disappointed with society and generally hate human race, especially those who think that everybody need to live by their rules. I don't want it because i am - weather i like it or not - also social being who want to have friends. Who terribly want to have them! To have people around her who understand her and tolerate her way of thinking. People whom i can tell everything about me without expecting judgements and laughter...
That's one of the main delemas with this type of thing,at least it is for me it is anyway.Eather you risk a lot of heartache trying to connect with people hoping their the one percent portion you can be friends with only to fail or you avoid it altogether and settle with being alone.I tried enough and rather avoid the heartache.Plus I'm a bit of a loner anyway so it doesn't hurt that much to be away from people.And with connections you can get from video games,shows and so on it fills the gape.Though your never truly alone of you have friends from the other side around anyway.But as the saying goes to each their own and if you can handle the pain trying then your coping with it better then I am.

As for a example to what lewk wrote think of how you have someone that cheats on their partner or as with one case I saw on a show my mom was watching someone threatening to kill their partner if they left them.The same person who did that down the line then starts to think that their partner is cheating on them or planing on killing them insted.That's what it sort of means.You have dark thoughts but then you start to think its what the other person is thinking because you thought about it more or less.

Blessed be

Annabelle
new here
new here

DualWanderer3 wrote: That's one of the main delemas with this type of thing,at least it is for me it is anyway.Eather you risk a lot of heartache trying to connect with people hoping their the one percent portion you can be friends with only to fail or you avoid it altogether and settle with being alone.I tried enough and rather avoid the heartache.Plus I'm a bit of a loner anyway so it doesn't hurt that much to be away from people.And with connections you can get from video games,shows and so on it fills the gape.Though your never truly alone of you have friends from the other side around anyway.But as the saying goes to each their own and if you can handle the pain trying then your coping with it better then I am.
You are right. These virtual connections fill the gap. I feel really calm and happy whenever i come at this virtual place for example, as see the same mind people around me, the people whom i can tell everything, and some of them are even the one who have sympathy toward me. :)
About spirits (Demons in my case), i am still increasing spiritual senses in order to experience Them more "vivid", more real

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Annabelle wrote:
Lewk wrote: According to Jung, the shadow, in being instinctive and irrational, is prone to psychological projection, in which a perceived personal inferiority is recognized as a perceived moral deficiency in someone else. Jung writes that if these projections remain hidden, "The projection-making factor (the Shadow archetype) then has a free hand and can realize its object—if it has one—or bring about some other situation characteristic of its power."[6] These projections insulate and harm individuals by acting as a constantly thickening veil of illusion between the ego and the real world."

Can you please give me some example for it? Do i understand it well?
Hi Annabelle 1ak

The quote above that I gave is taken from Wikipedia.

Here is a quote from Scott Jeffrey's webpage which is about Shadow Work. It gives a very good example...I hope you find it useful.

"What Happens When You Repress Your Shadow

So what happens to all the parts of ourselves we sweep out of view?

Whatever qualities we deny in ourselves, we see in others.
In psychology, this is called projection. We project onto others anything we bury within us.

If, for example, you get irritated when someone is rude to you, it’s a good bet you haven’t owned your own rudeness.

This doesn’t mean the person isn’t being rude to you. However, if rudeness wasn’t in your shadow self, someone else’s rudeness wouldn’t bother you so much.

This process doesn’t happen consciously. We aren’t aware of our projections.

Our egos use this mechanism to defend itself—to defend how it perceives itself. Our false identities of being “good” keep us from connecting to our shadow.

These psychological projections distort reality, creating a thick boundary between how we view ourselves and how we behave in reality."

On Scott Jeffrey's website there is a quote from Robert Johnson, who is another person that wrote about shadow work. He said:

"Unless we do conscious work on it, the shadow is almost always projected: that is, it is neatly laid on someone or something else so we do not have to take resposibility for it."

So my own example is: the shadow is just the way our minds work. We tend to look at other people through a filter. It is as if we are wearing sunglasses that are tinted a certain colour. The tinted glass is our projection of our un-owned shadow mind onto other people. If we can 'own' or integrate our shadow mind, we can see other people more clearly, without projecting our own issues onto them.

Does that make sense to you in any way Annabelle?

Franz Bardon's magical soul mirror of the elements is just one way to begin to look at our positive and negative qualities, without criticising ourselves for having them. It is based on occult, hermetic theory.

Return to “Shadow Me”