Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Well firstly a calling is a calling, I never thought I would own a djinn when I started out; now I own several. All are wonderful and make great additions, as for ‘why’ a djinn; for me one aspect of it is the different perspective they offer, the difference in perspective is an amazing thing when it comes to advice for example, seeing things through another set of eyes so to speak. Mine make great advisors, supports, and most importantly friends. Their energy is unique, their outlook is unique, they offer a perspective on matters that only a being such as them could.

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

I think that people are mostly interested in their wish-granting abilities. There some people, who have a really distorted view and unrealistic expectations of things like these. I have a few Djinn. They all vary in ability and are just as diverse in personality as their races are. I wasn't interested in them at all, when I started my journey but this changed. They are a mythical species and have a long history with humans (e.g. Islamic writings and Arab culture).

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

I've wondered this myself, what people see in djinn. Then I saw that CH offers Egyptian djinn, and I'm intrigued by them due to my Kemetic spiritual practices.

I also thought I'd never be interested in vampires, but lo and behold I got a calling from one at Nanami's shop. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You never know who will end up being a family member in this journey, that's for sure. :)

"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Yes, our spirit callings surprise us. I believe Poseidon (the Immortal) has tapped me on the shoulder recently, but that's another subject...

I still find djinn fascinating just from the cultural history, as some of you have already mentioned. I'll have to dig into that in some of my history / mythology researches and readings at some point. I've avoided inviting one to the keep just because I'm not certain about this being a good home for one.

Of course, recently I had an Alya bound that had been wanting to be bound and had visited me for the last year off and on. They are not djinn and are WA beings, but are similar when it comes to prosperity and wish-granting. She appears to want to guide me in regards to wish magick as well, which I never really considered either. Interesting stuff really. You definitely never can tell who will come to be in the family, that is for certain.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Maybe I am different. I never intended to seek out any spirit. All of mine, even my Shaitann djinn sought me out. The connection is quite strong when you just go with the spirit that calls you.

Maybe I am just different.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Huffette wrote:Maybe I am different. I never intended to seek out any spirit. All of mine, even my Shaitann djinn sought me out. The connection is quite strong when you just go with the spirit that calls you.

Maybe I am just different.
I do agree, some of the strongest connections I do have are with spirits that came through as callings. That said, I do have some strong connections also from Reverse Adoptions, which I suppose is like a reverse calling so that makes sense. LOL

I am a bit of an explorative spirit keeper, so there are many spirits I have considered for a while out of curiosity and then decided to get a custom conjure to work with when I felt the timing was good. I won't say "right" because I'm not sure my timing has ever been "right".

I do have mixed feelings on being explorative, and I know that raises mixed feelings in others as well. I don't make those decisions lightly, just because I don't want to get a spirit to "try it out". That's a silly thing and I don't want to be caught up in that sort of "collection" mindset. I try to examine why I am interested in the spirit first and what my keep thinks about inviting that new spirit into the family. I want to make certain whether it's a good idea from all angles and not just a "whim".

In fact the last few spirits I had conjured included a friend of an ancestor spirit, the Alya I mentioned earlier, and one to be more of a companion for one of spirits than for me (a Crocotta). They definitely had more purpose than being random whims, and I felt pretty good about that.

What's funny is I get callings from unbounds or pulled toward certain custom conjures more than anything. I have never had a pre-bound calling. If anything, maybe that's just weird about me. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
nina
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

@Regholdain, I was actually about to open a similar topic when I noticed yours and realised it’s something similar I wanted to ask , and hence decided to post on this thread. I also have this fear about djinn especially I read they can be demanding, moody and most scary is they can twist words. After reading the story of the monkey paw, I kinda can envision what twisting words can bring about... So I thought I would perhaps go for the more docile Norse djinn if at all I decide to keep a djinn..... but who knows my thinking may change after I get into practical touch with spirits and may conclude that they need not be feared that much. I also read that Neb Djinn is light natured and do not twist words... perhaps may go for a custom conjured one..

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h
lolaberry
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 31
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Mystic fire

nina wrote:@Regholdain, I was actually about to open a similar topic when I noticed yours and realised it’s something similar I wanted to ask , and hence decided to post on this thread. I also have this fear about djinn especially I read they can be demanding, moody and most scary is they can twist words. After reading the story of the monkey paw, I kinda can envision what twisting words can bring about... So I thought I would perhaps go for the more docile Norse djinn if at all I decide to keep a djinn..... but who knows my thinking may change after I get into practical touch with spirits and may conclude that they need not be feared that much. I also read that Neb Djinn is light natured and do not twist words... perhaps may go for a custom conjured one..
I was dead set I would never get one for nearly a year, I am not a huge wisher. Anyhoo I have had my Shiqq Djinn a month now . She can be a little sulky as I tend not to wear her vessel for work , but I just find her a total joy! She has Wow factor energy and is just huge fun to be around. She just wants to please me. She is a lot more than I expected , very social and a huge friend . She wants to be around me loads its so sweet , she chose me really . Im building our relationship currently and only made 1 wish so far , which she has granted I may add 1s As powerful as she is she is not very dark but hugely sexual . I would not be without her now <3

2wk ::uni:: ::dragons:: ::dragons:: :rainbow:
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

I don't work with the kind of djinn on this site, however, I have worked with Djinn from the etheric plane, though they don't quite like humans in the sense of Djinn history was full of them being forced into bindings so at this point it's seen as slavery. However, they don't judge all humans by that, I've had some help me with projection quite often.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
AnenImhetepKhnmhotepIntef
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Non-existing
My magical/paranormal name...: Darius Bakhnenhotep Shilosintishtalhikchihowapokona
Zodiac:

I have had a burning fascination for djinn since I first heard of their existence about two and a half, maybe three years ago, I have been surrounded by dark entities that are destructive and I am still being affected by evil eye. Every time I would see a vessel that I liked i would get the most intense pulls full of love and they were so powerful they made me shiver. I felt that they knew I needed help from something else, people wanted me to go see a professional but therapists and psychiatrists would just cause more problems due to what they believe and are taught. I needed help finding out more truth and guidance and djinn were described as being able to work with you based on how you operate and think which is just what I need. I love djinn, all djinn and spirits I even tell the evil maniacal ones that are unbound and want nothing for me but pain, I tell them i love them with all my heart, I don't know why, I wish I wasn't the way I am sometimes.... Things would be a lot less complicated.

In order to be aware of your surroundings, you must be aware of yourself. 8>

Return to “Djinn / Genie”