[It's not what you think CH!] A Private Chat for Spirit Adoration?

cyonce
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grim Reaper
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not sure yet
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Coy
Zodiac:

I have been thinking about this for some time myself. I, like probably everyone, else find ways to include the spirits in my keep in my daily life. Part of my daily life is working in front of the computer for 8 to 10 hours a day. I created an application that allows me to keep myself aware of all entities in my keep, all magical objects that I have in my life, and to journal about my experiences. I've been hesitant to share this with others - mostly due to the fear of feedback. I'd be happy to share a link if you'd like to give it a try as well. I'd really enjoy the feedback and having someone else to talk to about this means of communication.

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

cyonce wrote:I have been thinking about this for some time myself. I, like probably everyone, else find ways to include the spirits in my keep in my daily life. Part of my daily life is working in front of the computer for 8 to 10 hours a day. I created an application that allows me to keep myself aware of all entities in my keep, all magical objects that I have in my life, and to journal about my experiences. I've been hesitant to share this with others - mostly due to the fear of feedback. I'd be happy to share a link if you'd like to give it a try as well. I'd really enjoy the feedback and having someone else to talk to about this means of communication.
This sounds really useful and neat! I know I'd be interested to try it out. :)

"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki
cyonce
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grim Reaper
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not sure yet
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Coy
Zodiac:

Great! I'd love to have someone else test it out and give me feedback. The public link is http://theadvisors.info/. You'll need a passcode to register. I can turn that feature off if enough people are interested. You can use the passcode hjuev01nv74 - it's a one-time use passcode for registration. After that, you can login with your email address and the password you chose.

The site provides the following capabilities:
Storing a catalog of your entities or spirits: My Entities page
Storing a catalog of your magical objects or spells: My Objects page
Journaling: My Journal page
Making public posts: My Posts page. When you make a public post, you can include the name of an entity from your keep in the post. Potentially useful if you're posting about that entity. When you post, another user can "plus" that post - simply saying "this is cool". There are no commenting features. So users can't currently communicate with each other.

When you search for an entity on either the home page or the My Entities page, it searches their name, their race, and their description. When you search for an object on the My Objects page, it searches for either the name or the description.

The My Messages page will allow you to see messages sent to you by an admin.

A couple of annoying "bugs":
The forms that you fill in for adding a new entity and adding a new object require you to enter something for all of the fields otherwise it won't add the entity or object. So just be sure to put something in each of the fields.

The menu doesn't scale well for smaller devices like phones.

Sorry for the wall of text.

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

website doesnt work. old post. but isnt this a big no no letting ur spirit family details out into the wild? i am looking for a blank excel or word document if anyone has one. to make it easier if not i might try to design one.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Muse wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:08 pm Recently I've been thinking about the limits of digital offerings and how Spirits interact with them, and during those thoughts my mind wandered to how I'd have an easier time communicating with them if I could write down and store everything I said to them.

Then I got the idea of making a personal private chat purely for my Spirits. I'd log everything from music to information to things I want to tell them. Once I got a new laptop I could even edit videos and photos for them too.

Do you think they wouldn't be able to get any bonding from this? Would it be as good as talking out loud? How do you think your personal Spirits would react if you did something similar?

Part of me thinks having a space to devote to them online might make them feel thought of, but the anxious side of me thinks they might feel pushed to the side somehow...

this is literally just digital journaling. open up word or notepad and go at it. you do not need to share anything. its personal. and some spirits are very good at interacting with eletronics. so with those types of spirits i think computer journaling would be amazing but i still thinking print it off making it pyshical in the pyshical world makes it that much stronger.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
NitNatNewt
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Going to agree with Madgar, albeit a bit late.

I know the OP mentioned limitations so not going to say what they should or shouldn't do, especially years later where things might have changed, but there is a unique empowerment to being able to see and feel what's in front of you beyond a digital screen. Not everyone might feel this way, but I do. Similar to how the warmth of a fire place is better than a looping video of one.

jinglestar
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret

I think your spirit could receive all your messages because they know your thoughts.

For me, my spirit hate me to use digital devices including smartphones (although I still always do so, shame on me), because I could focus on it for whole day, and ignore the physical world, also ignore them. It’s better for me back to the ground.

And stand away from digital devices is one of the habit that I am going to break.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”