Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Ash & I have always lived by the "live and let live" code. We opened this Forum as an open place for all discussion, and we don't press anyone to believe in certain religious, spiritual, or magical beliefs. We welcome everyone who wants to come with love, respect, and kindness. This was, is, and always will be the mission of this community. We expect everyone who comes here to be student and teacher, care-giver and care-recipient, and for there to be a meeting of the serious minds of those who really care about what Spirit Keeping, Magic, and Paranormal Collecting is.

However, due to the overwhelming darkness of human nature, and the bad behavior the internet encourages, there has been a systematic turn over the last few years of people who just can't find a nice word about anyone or anything, who are spewing rhetoric that is damaging and not at all helpful to the respect the Spirit Keeping community deserves, they personally defame, belittle, and shame anyone who doesn't believe exactly what they want them to believe, and essentially the number of bullies in boards outside of here who are brow-beating people with fear and lies is appalling.

Ash & I have never wanted to be the police of the Spirit Keeping community, and that is why we have always practice a "live and let live" mentality. If you choose to do the research, know who you're listening to, see what their background is, see what their ideologies are, and essentially know that the person you're believing to be a leader, then you're taking yourself seriously & your path seriously. If you are just blindly being drawn in by knee-jerk reactions by someone who is not at all educated in Spirit Keeping & is on a major power trip at your expense, or arrived a month ago, or is not even out of their teen years & doesn't really know what they're talking about, or is someone who has reincarnated themselves multiple times under multiple accounts because they keep getting into trouble, then that's a danger and hopefully when you start finding out these things you don't leave the journey completely. Hopefully, if you fall into those categories you will find a safe community of real Spirit Keepers.

All of that said, I think it's time for everyone who is serious about this path to take back the communities (on all social sites, boards, etc). It's really time that the people who care about the future of Spirit Keeping to step up and be leaders, and not just ignore the nonsense, or unsubscribe from the channels, or just turn a blind eye to the people who are the sometime-believers, the quasi-believers, the "when I feel like it believers", because most of the time it's those people you see berating others, judging others, telling you what's right & wrong, and essentially making up their own rules.

Ash & I have fought, tooth and nail, blood and tears, with undying devotion for Spirit Keeping to be taken seriously. It's why this entire site started in the first place. We poured more than 70,000 hours building this site, populating it with information, consolidating essential principles of Spirit Keeping, and creating a foundation where it will be taken seriously. Think about how many hours those of you who are serious about Spirit Keeping have spent not only here, but other sites, and with your spirit companions, and do you want all of that unraveled because people who are not really serious about this, and probably won't be around anymore in a year or two, to be the people who are the loudest and seemingly most passionate, when they will be gone and we will all still be here living this life because it's what we believe in?

This isn't something Ash & I can do alone, it's not something you can do alone, and it's really going to take all of us who want there to even be a Spirit Keeping community for future generations, for your children, for your future loved ones, to carry your legacy and to have a safe & respected community to find the same happiness and joy you have found.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.". In this case maybe it's not always evil, maybe it's just hot-air distractions, but we've all seen what's happening lately, and the bullies are climbing on the backs of good people in the whole of the community, and they are doing damage that needs to be reversed.

This is a rally cry, for all of us, Ash & myself included. We need to speak up when we see false leaders bullying others, shaming others, spreading false information, and we need to stand together united to ensure the future of the entire Spirit Keeping community is not fractured and broken apart by people who are around to get a power trip by pushing false narratives about Spirit Keeping. There are bad apples in every community, and people who scream the loudest but have no idea what they're talking about in every work place and every community in the world, but they shouldn't be the people who are teaching others.

Everyone who is serious about the future of Spirit Keeping needs to stand together, and for our part we will be nurturing those who are serious about Spirit Keeping, and we will be going above & beyond for every person here who is a productive, helpful, inspiring, and kind member.

Ash & I have always fostered an environment of learning, of pushing yourself to dive into magic and the supernatural, to earn the power that you have, and while we still believe that whole-heartedly (because you appreciate what you earn so much more than what is just given), it's time to give the people who deserve real power, the opportunity to harness real power, and that's exactly what we're going to be doing in 2019. These areas will not be made public, they will be given only to members who don't cause drama, who aren't bullying and picking on others, and who routinely lift each other up, and whether that is 100 people this year or 1,000, the real power of the supernatural will be coming to each and every one of you.

It's time for those who are serious about Spirit Keeping to be rewarded as custodians of the power that Spirit Keeping truly provides each of us. We will be posting further information on this by the end of the month, so look for the thread & announcement via newsletter.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Kateria84
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 50
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Our strongest resource is unity and a will to match it. Fear is natural and is able to be overcome. One should always stand up for what they believe. A unified mindset of openness and acceptance is a near utopian way of being. I support you and the rest who stand up alongside each of us. I will always remain because I love enough to do so and I will continue to give all I have to protect and preserve this dream towards an even better future. This is worth living for! <3

Your words have lent inspiration to me in a harsh time and place. Thank you.

Nova Alexander
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Vixen
Zodiac:

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! I completely agree we all need to unite together to keep the truth and heart united together. This community has changed my life forever, I owe it everything as well as the supernatural. Thank you Ash & Magnolia for everything.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

I don't really delve into other sites, so I do not see a lot of the bully-mindset that is referenced in this post. However, I wholeheartedly agree with this rally cry. There are so many who just want to bring people down and destroy beliefs they don't agree with. Spirit Keeping, in the serious path-journey that it is, is a treasure, and those of us that embrace this path as a calling have a responsibility to foster its truths and defend it when it is attacked. We should do so with wisdom and courage, and to honor our spirit families and the legacy that we will leave behind when it is all said and done.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

What is said at the top of this thread makes a lot of sense to me. I hope the project succeeds in its aims.

I'm also not involved with other sites however. I have put the time in checking out other sellers and have stuck with just 3 that I feel able to trust and am in tune with, including CH.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I don't really venture to other sites, there are very few sellers and places I trust so I'm always completely clueless about all the drama that seems to be happening all the time. I'm thankful for this place.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:I don't really venture to other sites, there are very few sellers and places I trust so I'm always completely clueless about all the drama that seems to be happening all the time. I'm thankful for this place.
This. All day long.

Chewie
new here
new here
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A
Zodiac:

Wait... There are other sites?

(Joking. I know there is, but..)
I feel good about CH. There is no real reason for me to check out other sites.
Except maybe for a character binding, but I'm in no hurry.
Soooo many things I want from CH first (so many that I need to win the lottery LOL).

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:
Aurum wrote:I don't really venture to other sites, there are very few sellers and places I trust so I'm always completely clueless about all the drama that seems to be happening all the time. I'm thankful for this place.
This. All day long.
Same.

I follow a few SK blogs on Tumblr, but 95% of the time, I'm on CH. I just don't easily trust other sites. This one has been around for over 17 years! Wow. Ash and Magnolia are the real deal, and I'm happy I accidentally (or not so accidentally?) stumbled across this place at the end of last year.

<3

"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

You guys are all great and so loved <3

Even if you love 20 other sellers and 20 other boards and social sites, we all have to stand together to keep the real path of Spirit Keeping alive and not feeding the false narratives, agendas, and motivations of people who don't have any compassion for the greater good of the community.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Messages & Updates”