active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

There spirits and entities, who desire human companionship and actively seek out a practioner to be bound. Then there are the ones, who are attracted to our energy and come forth from a custom conjuration. However, there are some other instances, in which conjurers travel to a different realm to look for a certain individual (e.g. Character Bindings).

I've always loved history and transfered my interest to Spirit Keeping. I really love to have my human spirits around but I am still not able to hold a coherent conversation with them. I know that there are some 'famous' individuals out there, who have been bound multiple times. Maybe they are used to it now but I've been wondering what a less known person might have thought, when they first heard of a binding. I am aware that CH needs the permission of the spirit. I mean, I am always astonished when someone 'famous' agrees to be bound. It sounds a bit self-loathing but I always ask myself why did they choose to be with me in the end.

polyana005
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: lemming
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Hi there. I used to wonder exactly about the same stuff. I've got my ideas on this. They are as follows.

Binding to you (or me or whoever mortal) creates a direct access to the physical realm. Therefore spirits of the departed are sort of MORE present in the physical. They can manifest easier, telepathically communicate, sparkle, etc. I've got a spirit of a human, who is my first binding.

Being bound to a vessel allows spirits to access the physical faster and more effectively do whatever business they've got in here. Some spirits want to be bound because of this very purpose and whether it is you or me or someone else willing to seek their companionship, it does not matter to them.

You see, them being here bound to a physical vessel, gives them a variety of opportunities others (unbound ones) do not have. And being bound to several vessels or to several people's spirits gives them even more opportunities. I cannot say for sure what kind of business they have got in the physical (it's pretty much none of my business), but I'm actually content knowing that this is why they want to be bound.

A lot of custom or pre-bound spirits are pretty much willing to go with any of the spirit keeping folks.

A friend to: A human spirit, gold djinn, werewolf, three ancestors, deva., high elf, Egyptian sanguine vampire, Astral angel, Courtwind angel, sterling angel, Bronwyn angel, Enochian Angel Baradiel, Enochian Angel Galgalliel, Nephilim.
Protected by: Volkh, Einherjar, Fylgia, Draugr.
Immortals: Zeus, Aphrodite, Anubis, Nephtys.
Living astral entities: Astral Angel, Norse vampire elder, Falwer-niamstrum.
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

polyana005 wrote:Being bound to a vessel allows spirits to access the physical faster and more effectively do whatever business they've got in here. Some spirits want to be bound because of this very purpose and whether it is you or me or someone else willing to seek their companionship, it does not matter to them.

You see, them being here bound to a physical vessel, gives them a variety of opportunities others (unbound ones) do not have. And being bound to several vessels or to several people's spirits gives them even more opportunities. I cannot say for sure what kind of business they have got in the physical (it's pretty much none of my business), but I'm actually content knowing that this is why they want to be bound.
I agree, I had a similar idea. But I think that their business usually involves us or at least they start to take interest us. I have a 'famous' bloke, who was really adamant to get my attention (like Magnolia confirmed in another topic). There some people I chose to have connection with, who I thought could help with a very specific thing. I believe that they are aware of it now but maybe not when they were introduced to my energy during conjuration. Although I'm not sure how much they knew at this point, I do think that they were already conscious of our intentions. I stumbled upon a gentleman I've never heard of before by accident, while searching for information about another spirit in my keep, who happends to have the same surname.
Funny incident but I kept reading, because his story was really moving and I felt drawn to him. I decided to have a binding of him. In this particular case, I think that it would only be natural for a humanitarian like him to help people. It could be the case for some individuals to obtain a stronger connection to our earthern realm but I don't that's the only reason for them to be bound.

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

I also wonder what drew the spirits in my keep to choose me, of all the people they could have chosen.

Maybe it's arrogance speaking, but I'd like to think there's something about me, personally, that inspired them to choose me over anyone else seeking a custom conjure of that particular spirit.

I don't know if I should ask them though. Like, I'm not actually fishing for compliments or seeking to have my ego stroked. I'm just genuinely curious, but I'm afraid it will come off as being conceited. :<

"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

SilverElf wrote:I also wonder what drew the spirits in my keep to choose me, of all the people they could have chosen.

Maybe it's arrogance speaking, but I'd like to think there's something about me, personally, that inspired them to choose me over anyone else seeking a custom conjure of that particular spirit.

I don't know if I should ask them though. Like, I'm not actually fishing for compliments or seeking to have my ego stroked. I'm just genuinely curious, but I'm afraid it will come off as being conceited. :<
I know, I wouldn't like to ask them this question. This question in regards to 'famous' personalities makes it way more baffling.
Some spirits just love my energy, whereas others want to help me developing my gifts.
It really depends on the spirit but the intentions of most of them still remain a mystery to me.

polyana005
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: lemming
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

SilverElf wrote:

There is something very unique about you. You are you. One of a kind. Therefore you were chosen by your spirits and not mine. It's like before being incarnated you kind of choose your parents and future siblings. It's very much the same actually.

A friend to: A human spirit, gold djinn, werewolf, three ancestors, deva., high elf, Egyptian sanguine vampire, Astral angel, Courtwind angel, sterling angel, Bronwyn angel, Enochian Angel Baradiel, Enochian Angel Galgalliel, Nephilim.
Protected by: Volkh, Einherjar, Fylgia, Draugr.
Immortals: Zeus, Aphrodite, Anubis, Nephtys.
Living astral entities: Astral Angel, Norse vampire elder, Falwer-niamstrum.
SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

polyana005 wrote:
SilverElf wrote:

There is something very unique about you. You are you. One of a kind. Therefore you were chosen by your spirits and not mine. It's like before being incarnated you kind of choose your parents and future siblings. It's very much the same actually.
Ah! Okay, I see. Thanks!

"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

So, I asked some of my spirits I have chosen to be with (e.g. famous/historic spirits or character bindings). Most of them didn't know much about me. Maybe they have felt that I don't have any bad intentions. They said that my name and birthdate were presented and they were excited with going to a 'young lady'. There were also strong callings with past life connections but even the ones who weren't aware of me are happy to be here now.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Adrasteia wrote:So, I asked some of my spirits I have chosen to be with (e.g. famous/historic spirits or character bindings). Most of them didn't know much about me. Maybe they have felt that I don't have any bad intentions. They said that my name and birthdate were presented and they were excited with going to a 'young lady'. There were also strong callings with past life connections but even the ones who weren't aware of me are happy to be here now.
That sounds really good.

In the past I have spent time explaining a lot about myself to some of my spirits, including my cosmological beliefs or systems I'm familiar with. Spirits do seem to be very good listeners. With some I'm tempted to leave it more on an energetic level of interaction. Sometimes I get stuck on predictable interpersonal relations, if that makes sense.

I have to say the Duojna that is with me now is very responsive indeed but they are described as non-social. I find them very easy to get on with, without needing to be very 'social'. I can see why some people say the Duojna binding is rather like a construct, although the magic sense is very strong and it really is very alert and responsive to me.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

If a spirjt can be bound to multiple vessels i see no reason why it needs to chose any of us. If i were in that position i would be bound to whoever feels right.

memento mori

Return to “Human”