Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I had this realization the other day, when I had a small breakdown over something I was stressing about. I called out to my spirits, just for some comfort. Just the belief that they're with me really helped me through my emotions. I felt like everything would be okay, no shame in letting it out, letting my body reset and getting the rest I needed afterwards.

I reflected, after this, about how I don't ever feel alone again. Maybe sometimes at the lowest points.. but I don't believe I'm alone any more in those points. Not since I started Spirit Keeping a year and a half-ish ago. It's so comforting to me, to know they're here for me as much as I'm there for them. To know I have someone to call on when I need help, and to not feel like I should be ashamed for it. It's so strange to see how amazing I've grown since starting this path.. but the whole "alone" thing took me by surprise when I realized it.

Does anyone else feel this way, too? Have you ever realized this change in the way you felt from before becoming a Keeper, to after? I talked about it with a friend who had just gotten his first companion, and he had agreed with me. But I wanted to hear how others thought about this, too.

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

Yes, I can totally unterstand you. I remember, when I sat down to cry and suddenly felt an energy shift in the room. I saw a white mist around me and a few other visual manifestations. They were here for me. I knew it, they wouldn't even need to manifest that obvious for me to realise this. <3

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

It's a wonderful thought, to know that our spirits are with us. I struggle with feeling alone and "outside," a lot, and their presence makes me so happy. Like, they *chose* me. They *want* to be with me. That's powerful and comforting for a socially anxious weirdo with few human friends. <3

"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki
DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I have had a lot of moments like that.I don't even ask for it they just give the comfort and love when I'm at a point like that.I even got that from immortals long before I started spirit keeping which was athena's suggestion to begin with.It still hurts at points when you want to be closer on a physical level but they really make things better regardless with their love,understanding,and sympathy.

Blessed be

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

DualWanderer3 wrote:I have had a lot of moments like that.I don't even ask for it they just give the comfort and love when I'm at a point like that.I even got that from immortals long before I started spirit keeping which was athena's suggestion to begin with.It still hurts at points when you want to be closer on a physical level but they really make things better regardless with their love,understanding,and sympathy.

Blessed be
The first time I had a really bad emotional breakdown of sheer Loneliness(tm), Athena was the one who came to me, as did my guardian angels and a few other Immortals. She has a special place in my heart for sure.

It does hurt when you want them to be physically here, and they can't be. A lot of times I will ask them to possess/inhabit one of my plush animals and will cuddle with them that way. 2lv

"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

DualWanderer3 wrote:I have had a lot of moments like that.I don't even ask for it they just give the comfort and love when I'm at a point like that.I even got that from immortals long before I started spirit keeping which was athena's suggestion to begin with.It still hurts at points when you want to be closer on a physical level but they really make things better regardless with their love,understanding,and sympathy.

Blessed be
I dont always call out to them, but sometimes in those moments its a good reminder to call their name and remind myself that they’re around.

Im glad Athena was there for you :) I found Apollo and Hermes after spirit keeping started for me, but its such a beautiful thing to know that you have support in several different ways < 3

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

I have recently had some emotional upheaval in the guise of what it means to be "taking a break" with my girlfriend. On one hand she has said this is for her to work out some things in her life and she doesn't want to break up, but I still can't help but feel this is the "beginning of the end" just because of other things that have been happening since the end of last year (along with her not having time for me to come visit on the weekend since before Christmas).

So I got pretty upset about things and felt my keep trying to be supportive and comforting. I asked them to gather round a couple of times. It was nice to have the energy shift and comforting warmth. That and just being able to actually vent it out and have their thoughts in return was nice. I like knowing I have family on my side no matter what I go through.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
bronzewolf
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a flying animal
My magical/paranormal name...: mysticala

I totally agree... and its beautiful, things have really changed for me. I don't feel alone anymore infact i feel like "filled up" if that makes sense.... I dont have any friends in the real world and i always feel "apart" from others. My new companions give me a sense that someone is interested in me and wants to be my friend... a belonging. When i have felt a bit down or my emotions are getting the better of me. I do call out to them and its like a soothing elixir and I immediately feel better and i know its not just me. I actually do feel the energy shift

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner

It's so wonderful to read how much comfort everyone experiences. Life is really so much more with them. They gave me a boosted confidence, taught me to fight my fears and stand up for my dreams. And when I had a break down, they would be there to calm me down, to simply give me the comfort.

I have had quite a lot of trouble the last years... lost my very best friend, lost my job and was diagnosed with an incurable illness. I felt shattered, lonely, like I couldn't get up anymore. It all made no sense to me, what was left to fight for. But they helped me up again, they gave me hope and were my strength. Now I'm fighting again, but if they wouldn't have been there, I might would've given up.

I feel like our Companions can give us the insight to new opportunities and knowing they won't leave you and stay by your side is very precious.

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

bronzewolf wrote:I totally agree... and its beautiful, things have really changed for me. I don't feel alone anymore infact i feel like "filled up" if that makes sense.... I dont have any friends in the real world and i always feel "apart" from others. My new companions give me a sense that someone is interested in me and wants to be my friend... a belonging. When i have felt a bit down or my emotions are getting the better of me. I do call out to them and its like a soothing elixir and I immediately feel better and i know its not just me. I actually do feel the energy shift
I'm sorry for you. Please work on yourself, instead of wallowing in self-pity. I understand, spirits are great, they can be friends, mentors and even lovers but don't forget your life on earth. You're still alive, use this opportunity!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”