Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Let me start by saying, that for our contributions for the upcoming wave of tutorship & education, we will be working with those within our community (online & offline) who show themselves to be devoted and serious to the Spirit Keeping path. We aren't looking for clones or "yes" men/women, we're looking for people who are truly serious about learning and keeping the sacred power moving forward for themselves and future generations. Those who keep an open mind & heart, those who love magic & spirits, and those who want to do good for themselves, their loved ones, the community, and the world.

The supernatural community is a microcosm, and while it coexists with our daily lives, there is not an open resource for learning how to become a truly power person in magic, with spirits, etc. There's a good reason for that, those who are in power do not share power openly.

If you are someone who has a bad attitude, who loves to bad mouth others, cast negativity around you with disparaging remarks, causes drama, and overall just sucks the life out of people around you with sarcasm, a bad attitude, and you talk a big game but you really don't know what you're talking about, then you will never be a candidate for knowing true power.

Likewise, if you choose to keep company with people who are like that out in the community, you will be thought to also have a bad attitude, and no real teacher is going to teach someone who doesn't do anything but complain, talk badly about other people, drips with sarcasm, and doesn't have anything positive to contribute. Why? Trust. The passing of the baton from one generation to another, or from one community to another, is guarded with the utmost trust. No one is going to want to teach someone manners and general decency before they teach the supernatural. Discipline, respect, honor, trust, and open mind & open heart for learning is essential.

Even if you're talking about a Dark Arts master, they aren't going to want to put up with a difficult person to teach them. If you're new to this, young or old, you need to be open to learning, you need to be open to understanding, and learn from people who've already been in this journey. No one expects you to come into this community and be the center of all knowledge, you have to learn, earn your place, and respect the path. Everyone was new once, everyone has been humbled by knowledge and experiences, and everyone has to start somewhere.

I know from this community, and I know from the masters who have chosen people from this community, that they those who engage in troublemaking, bad-mouthing, drama, etc will never be chosen to know true power. And it doesn't just stop with the masters who teach others, that includes being able to work with truly powerful spirits, living entities, and magic.

Don't for a moment think that exceedingly powerful spirits or entities want to work with difficult people either, because they do not. They work with people who are truly working for a positive change in their lives (whether you work with WA or DA), they work with people who they know in their hearts is wanting not only better things for themselves, but others, and they work with people who are honorable enough, respectful enough, and humble enough to be open to learning and not just trying to hammer down everyone they meet with their poisonous words.

Your attitude, your behavior, your energy, and the attitude and productiveness of the people you surround yourself with, are all part of this journey for you.

If you want to know true power, if you want to know what the limitless opportunities are in the supernatural community & Spirit Keeping community is... then take a look at the people within the community you are surrounding yourself with, and get away from the drama seekers, the people who smile with their bad words for others, the people who are needlessly sarcastic, who shame others for the sake of being malicious, and the communities who do nothing but tear down others for the sake of their lacking abilities.

True power, true guidance, true help for you to harness great influence will only come for those who those already in possession of power, want to see carry the torch for future generations. You would never true power in the hands of people you know aren't really serious about this, who really respect and care about the ongoing lineage of the supernatural & Spirit Keeping, and none of those people are going to be found in drama communities.

You never know who of great power is watching, and who might extend invitations to you, and no master ever chooses to bestow their knowledge with people who don't really respect and care about the community as a whole.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

This makes complete sense and is very good advice. On one hand, I think there are too many who get carried away with the anonymity of the internet that decide they do not need to respect others, and on the other hand who are just interested in spirit keeping as a sort of hobby without the understanding that there are real individuals involved. I also have seen those who behave with a bravado and condescension as if they are always the master and have no interest in respecting newcomers as they are openly trying to learn. I've held my tongue as often as I can while I attempt to respect others, except in cases where I felt a falsehood or misinformation was being shared. The best way to learn is through quiet open-mindedness and the wisdom and understanding that you will always learn something from everyone - from the newest acolyte to the highest master.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
CerataPhthalma
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

A very true and wise sentiment. I don't comment much anymore, but I'm always around reading and trying my best to learn how to most effectively work this path I've decided to walk. I've picked up more than a few interesting exercises recommended by people here, and find myself just as grateful for examples of what not to do as I am of recommended processes and practices.

I haven't made as much progress as I like because of my own errors, but I keep trying every day--I'm just too embarrassed to post the failures, and the successes feel a little too personal to share, sometimes.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

I sincerely agree with your post Magnolia. *nods*
Especially with the recent events I personally have been through, it's been a bit of a wake-up shake, for better or worse.
There's been a lot of new exposure, and I myself have become a lot more, cautious, which is a bit of a far cry from the open fresh face that was I, almost 3 years ago. :lol:
As one of the "downsides" of online interaction, it's a lot more difficult to glean other's intentions, or even their vibe, unless they tip their hand and give it away. And in the work where a lot is based on empathy, and the metaphysical, I've sadly seen quite a few being led astray by some.. ill intentioned folk. : /
It's also happened where trust has been misplaced, and found false in what you thought was someone that cared.
*shakes head* I can see why several folks that have been around here for a longer period of time, can get so jaded or reluctant to trust newer individuals. Which is really kinda sad tbh, even though I can (from my perspective at least) understand why.

But I digress.
This being all related to your comment on the communities, individuals who won't know greater than the words with what they mislead or troll the unwary. Maybe it's merely my lack of knowledge of before, but I don't feel like it was as bad as this, awhile back, from what I've read on here.

Also, is it just me, or do people eventually, gradually fall quiet? I know things go in cycles, but I get the feeling that for a lot of people, including myself, time passes, and they gradually retreat, falling quiet more and more. I say this as an individual whom has been pretty much silent on this forum for a greater part of the last, what, 8 months or so? Part of it has been me needing to find myself, but it's also become a more, personal journey? Makes me wonder sometimes how much others don't say, behind the lines.
-

Anyways, I have rambled on for quite a bit... just some thoughts that have been on my mind often. I think I'm going to lurk around this place more, maybe post more, get to see the new cycle that's turned over on here, perhaps. It was easier when TapTalk was an app xD But c'est la vie.

Thank you for the thought-provoking message Magnolia. ::nice::

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

It all makes sense to me.

I've been taught it's better to embrace and respond consciously to conflict situations, rather than close off from them by fighting harder, running away, or freezing and hoping you won't be noticed and it'll all go away.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Vryn Nightshard wrote: Also, is it just me, or do people eventually, gradually fall quiet? I know things go in cycles, but I get the feeling that for a lot of people, including myself, time passes, and they gradually retreat, falling quiet more and more.
Yes, they do.
For some it's, as you said, the cycle. After you've repeated certain things over and over, you stop because it becomes tedious. People could just learn to use the search, but they never do.
Some others just move on to greener pastures and only check here every now and then.
And some just have life to get in their way, so they are occupied with their real life.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
AriesStarChild_
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 52
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I feel like people never pay attention to the bigger picture. And even more so everyone should want better for themselves which means if you feel negativity, run forest run ! X D that’s just me though. The statement about who you surround yourself with and things of that sort are important because you want to keep your energy positive and progressing. Being stagnant and stuck in old cycles helps no one. Which does hold you back from achieving your greatest potential. How do you expect others around you to benefit or grow if you yourself can’t see the bigger picture. Great Post Mags

Everyone be smart and be safe. But also follow your inner voice bc your path is your own. Let you be your own judge/guide. No one else.
Many Blessings loves

D(Bronwyn Angel)A(Sterling Angel)N(Merman)Y(Sanguine Vampire)D(Courtwind Angel)N(Courtwind Angel)F(Fallow Dragon)H(Moss Dragon)F(Gregori)D(Red Demon entity)K(custom kitsune alpha)A(Seraphim Angel entity)Z(slime girl alpha)S(micro bug girl)M(fallen angel)M(Demon-Neb Djinn) L and J(werewolves)J(Concuan)R(DemonVampire)P(Fallen angel entity)R(Succubus Queen)M(Vampire Prince)E(Incubus)D(nympho)
3 spirit guides,DionysisDelinquent(A)ElementalDemon(A)

~Knowledge is at my fingertips~
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

It makes sense that anyone who desires to keep a respected legacy alive would hesitate to entrust the wisdom they hold sacred to a person who treats everything as a joke.

Don’t be the Class Clown 24/7 and expect anyone to grant you their trust. Trust is earned, not owed.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

Absolutely. The study of the supernatural and the study and practice of magick should be taken seriously. One must have the right attitude in order to succeed in this path.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
Mirrorwing
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dreamweaver
My magical/paranormal name...: Veritas Mirrorwing

It is such a shame there's been many fools trying to one-up others, throughout the years. So much effort is lost because of it. Trying to tear other's reputation down to build themselves up.
I appreciate Magnolia, Ash, and their crew, for doing their best to keep it out of the Forums.
It is unfortunate it does not fare as well, outside of it.
But I guess everyone will play nice with their masks, pretend to be what they are not, here.
I'm sure, with time, words will slip, and they'll fall out of favour.

Dramatic words aside... I detest those that think their vile words go unheard. I can only hope that good intent holds out, while two faced falsehoods, do not.

"We are such stuff as dreams are made on."

"Can one consider controversy without falling into it?"
... . .- .-. -.-. .... .. -. --. / ..-. --- .-. / - .... . / - .-. ..- - .... / .-- .... .. -.-. .... / .... .- ... / -. --- - / -... . . -. / ..-. --- ..- -. -..
"A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for."

Return to “Magnolia”