The Vampire Academy

Post your experiences with eBay sellers.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I think classic LHP wherein the self is the highest authority fits them best. You can comb through the syllabus for the intro class and make inferences based on the subject matter.

Beyond that, you'd really have to drop $55 on a book to have any idea.

And I do think they have a view of Vlad Țepeș that does not jive with most conventional historians' work on the subject. Which also seems like a bit of a flag to me.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

I read the website and some of the notions or statements made about Medieval Christian society have long since been proven/debunked to be myths or blown hugely - way, way out of proportion.

It did have its flaws but also its pros; such as one being that people were allowed to make a living via more autonomous means (However they choose so long as they survive in nature), the catholic work ethic which said people should work only just the minimum to survive + support their society (With long holidays that involve leisure, housework or prayer) and fact that the lower classes' average income was found by researchers to be higher than todays'.

It was just technology wise, but history showed that even after Christianity took power the advancement of technology continued to progress upwards and individuals still got what was later integrated into 'scientific knowledge' from herbalist witches in forests, alchemists, monks and the practitioners' of natural magic.

Tomatoes didn't even arrive in Europe until the 16th century sometime. The "elaborate torture devices" has been debunked and evidence shows that many of the so-called ones were invented actually during the Enlightenment, with the "pear of anguish" being hinted to actually be a dental device.

The "frequent use of torture" is also a myth and did not always happen in the circumstance mentioned, the office of inquisition was founded to create a central authority over the 'heretic hunts' being done by non-clerical Christians because it got out of control and they started getting the wrong people.

http://www.medievalists.net/2014/06/15- ... ddle-ages/

https://www.historyonthenet.com/five-ab ... iddle-ages

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Inquisitions in short were already being carried out by ordinary Christians before an organized form was introduced which had court processes, and only allowed qualified people from inside the church to do that due to them making a mess.

So to say this is unconfirmed but if its true that people in those times were just as religious/non-religious as say now, there are some rumors or theories which say that mainstream/non-spiritual people more or so just supported medieval Catholicism as an ideology meant to be spread. This is argued by some of the Eastern Orthodox Christian people I've met especially.

At the start when Christ and the Apostles founded the one church which Peter/Rome chosen as the foundation (Hence Vatican city is at exactly the location his Mausoleum/Tomb is), basically Christianity was seen by non-religious people (And maybe by even by some 'pagans', especially the lower classes) as like a revolutionary ideology which promoted social equity/equality and thus supported it regardless before later on it was reformed by some leaders to be more and more hierarchical.

There was the spiritual and also ideological aspect.

Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

Four months later and I received a reply! Lol
It’s like they didn’t even read my blunt application as the email seems like generic copy-paste.
Apparently I was accepted though since it just says thanks and what I need to do next. *shrugs*
I’m not sure if there’s any benefit to getting a certificate/being a member, or if I can get the same info pretty much anywhere.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
nina
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

Lokakisa wrote:Four months later and I received a reply! Lol
It’s like they didn’t even read my blunt application as the email seems like generic copy-paste.
Apparently I was accepted though since it just says thanks and what I need to do next. *shrugs*
I’m not sure if there’s any benefit to getting a certificate/being a member, or if I can get the same info pretty much anywhere.
Hey Lokakisa, good to know you are still active here .. I have been reading your posts and all the Spiritual issues you describe are similar to mine... So was wondering if you See significant improvements in your Spirit comunication abilities now... Sorry that this is very off-topic here but I dont know how else to contact you..

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h

Return to “Seller Review”