An 'Armour' blockage?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Something I've noticed about the blockage I've gained more insight into is that it acts like armour. While it numbs the sensations I can feel just as armour would to do to you in the physical realm if you wore a suit of it, it does offer almost 'gold standard' protection from the most viscous emotional assaults and energies which would otherwise tear me apart probably if it wasn't there. You can still feel it but its weakened similarly to how a projectile would bounce off armour and deal a small amount of blunt force.

I experienced being vulnerable without the 'armour' for a time after an incident which brought down a part of me and as a result have an idea of what its like depending on how much of it will stay in my memory.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

There was a term I don't remember well about muscle armor, referring to that numbing effect of being cut off from your feelings that muscle tension and shallow breathing can give. The benefits of removing that armor outweigh the costs. It is important to keep in mind that these defenses did serve a positive purpose and to respect that when trying to remove them.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:There was a term I don't remember well about muscle armor, referring to that numbing effect of being cut off from your feelings that muscle tension and shallow breathing can give. The benefits of removing that armor outweigh the costs. It is important to keep in mind that these defenses did serve a positive purpose and to respect that when trying to remove them.
I agree.

Yes the defensive part can be seen negatively, as a problem, in the form of resistance. That could be seen as a type of blockage I suppose. But yes, psychological defences *are* defences too.

On a similar note the author DJ Conway talks about the Terror at the Threshold, which is a kind of defense we have against astral walk-ins, composed of our worst fears. The Universe is so sophisticated that things tend to have more than one function. Something that we see as undesirable (Fears) can serve a secondary purpose (scaring astral beings away). Being psychologically defensive, eg after trauma, may seem to be a negative trait but it *does* also protect the psyche from collapse. (At least according to orthodox theories I've come across.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Muscle armor blocks the flow of life through your system and reduces your opportunities for growth. It may be better than nothing, especially in a crisis, but working your path is frequently going to involve changing out something good and effective for something better. It is important to respect the things you have in place to help with moving on. It is common to attack the old ways of doing things and this is a mistake. It only makes those defenses tighten up and then they are harder to remove.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:Muscle armor blocks the flow of life through your system and reduces your opportunities for growth. It may be better than nothing, especially in a crisis, but working your path is frequently going to involve changing out something good and effective for something better. It is important to respect the things you have in place to help with moving on. It is common to attack the old ways of doing things and this is a mistake. It only makes those defenses tighten up and then they are harder to remove.
Yeah apparently that was my experience previously, so it cuts off 'life' and makes people be 'inside their head' more? Because I notice when I have it on I can watch something graphic and very negative unscathed with small feelings that are like a blunt force.

Do you mean as in it cuts off 'life energy' from flowing into your 'system' (Making you rely on sustenance of information to maintain the identity of life maybe) or just life in general as you know?

Also how helpful is it in protecting against 'psychic attacks' if I may ask?

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

In Traditional Chinese Medicine, tense muscles block chi from flowing through the meridians. This causes places to build up too much chi. Other places do not receive the chi that they need. Strategies can focus on taking chi out of the places where there is too much or on adding chi to the places where there is not enough. Often a combination is needed to balance out the amount of chi on both sides of a blockage to relax it away.

And the trouble with numbness is that it means you aren't feeling what is going on. It doesn't mean that there is no damage happening. It means you just don't know.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:In Traditional Chinese Medicine, tense muscles block chi from flowing through the meridians. This causes places to build up too much chi. Other places do not receive the chi that they need. Strategies can focus on taking chi out of the places where there is too much or on adding chi to the places where there is not enough. Often a combination is needed to balance out the amount of chi on both sides of a blockage to relax it away.

And the trouble with numbness is that it means you aren't feeling what is going on. It doesn't mean that there is no damage happening. It means you just don't know.
After some observation and brief life experience I think I’ve finally rationalised it.

It seems whatever thing or event which gives off a message that says “A reminder you are mortal” or “A reminder you are vulnerable” essentially remedies this blockage? This includes Belladonna when at one time I came into contact with it from smearing that went into the bloodstream from flying ointment, a poisonous plant associated with death if taken in huge amounts. But in tiny safe amounts allegedly ok depending.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Are you saying that you are doing better these days and feeling more alive?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:Are you saying that you are doing better these days and feeling more alive?
No just that I worked out something or a remedy to the blockage for sure! If not then a clue, from observation after observation.

Idk why but somehow, for some reason a small dose of the 'you are vulnerable, you are not as invulnerable as your subconscious makes you out to be' or 'remember you are still mortal' feeling if sent to the subconscious successfully always acts as a good remedy against the blockage.

When I first got moved into this new place and got very sick plus was uncertain at the same time of the certainty, 'feeling vulnerable' I opened up and was 'less full of the self'.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Somehow that 'dismantles' the symbolic 'armour' or 'the castle' constructs that have been built in the subconscious also as well

Return to “Paranormal Energy”